5.0 out of 5 stars waterproof fake security cameras with red led light
the cameras look very convincing, the flashing red led add alot in making it look real. They seem to be well made and pretty durable . The cameras light has been flashing for a month so far on the first set of batteries,"AA", which is inexpensive to keep going.Well worth the price.
Published 23 months ago by flangehead

3.0 out of 5 stars Its okay
As others have said this is a cheap fake camera that doesn't bear close inspection. But, from 10 feet away it looks perfectly real. It is fairly fragile so you have to be careful with installation. It takes two AA batteries which I doubt will last all that long so I'm thinking of how I could rig up my own battery pack. The flashing light is a little to fast IMHO.
Published 8 months ago by RonH

5.0 out of 5 stars waterproof fake security cameras with red led light, February 25, 2013
This review is from: Security Outdoor Waterproof Fake/dummy Camera 2-Pack (Camera)

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked!!!, June 9, 2013
I was having theft from my jobsite and picked up a couple of these. Even my workers thought they were real. Has a red blinking light you can see easily in the dark. No more theft after these went in.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good way to supplement your existing video security, March 9, 2013
I use these to deter people from breaking into the back of our home. I have several live cameras that are less conspicuous, and I placed these dummies out as decoys (so that if someone breaks one I not only have them captured on the real camera, but I'm not out a lot of cash). The red LED's have been blinking for about a month so far. The cameras look real but are plasticky so I'm not sure how real they look to the uninformed. They seem to fool the UPS man! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat for the money, May 13, 2014
We received notice that there have been some break-in's in our neighborhood, so I ordered these as a deterrent. My guess is the typical smash-and-grab thieves have so many homes to choose from, anything that makes them think twice about your house will keep them moving on. These are cheap plastic but look just like metal, and the flashing red light makes them look completely legit.

I've read some reviews where people said the plastic 'wire' doesn't look real enough so they replaced with with coax. I think that's a waste of time. So much stuff is wireless anymore, you could probably install them without the wire; but the reality is if a thief knows what he's looking for and inspects them, he'll figure out they are fake anyway. I hung mine pretty high up, and faced two toward the street, so you can see the red light flash even if you are just driving by "casing" the place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Realistic looking camera, August 4, 2013
This security camera was very real looking. Very heard to tell if it was real or fake. It was very easy to install. Good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delivers what I was seeking, May 30, 2014
My husband has grand ideas of putting in a thorough security system, but in the meantime our house sits unprotected in an area of a lot of college students that get drunk are just looking for an easy prank/break in. When my husband was going away on a 2 week business trip I felt especially vulnerable. I had him put these up just as a deterrent. I love it. They blink and look very believable. I put one on each corner of the house. Now I couldn't care less if we never get the real deal put up.

5.0 out of 5 stars A visible "camera" might change a mind..., June 2, 2014
Doodah Mac (Santa Fe, NM USA) - See all my reviews
These cameras are inexpensive but do not look it. They are not real but, hey, they might be...the blinking red light is not that fake-y frantic blink but a slow menacing one. I have mounted them so they are quite visible and aiming directly at a decision spot -- do we go through the gate of not? (Maybe not. C'mon. Let's go somewhere else.) I ordered six more for a friend who mixes pseudo cameras with real cameras to spread the warning and was impressed with the look and behavior of these.

5.0 out of 5 stars got you, September 16, 2013
super service, look great, I was amazed at how real they look. Packed really good too Very easy to mount.

4.0 out of 5 stars Jo-P, January 31, 2013
These fakers look "real" ... but with the way our house is designed, we had to mount them upside down! Very satisfied & shipped faster than expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT !, June 10, 2014
Joe E. Whitehead (Caledonia, MS USA) - See all my reviews
Works Great, Easy Install. Loosen the knob on the angle then tighten when pointed correctly.
Drill a tube hole to put the fake wire tube in.

Security Outdoor Waterproof Fake/dummy Camera 2-Pack