Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 14, 2016
great fake camera to scare away some people. I had place this outside my home due to some people throwing trash in my yard. The trash decreased as a result. It has a blinking light, which uses batteries. I am thinking of getting more round areas I cannot put cameras.JOOAN Outdoor Fake/Dummy Camera for Security Waterproof CCTV Surveillance
on December 28, 2013
I bought this fake camera (several actually) for different reasons than most and I wanted to share my story: We treated our next door neighbors like kings & queens for years since they seemed to be somewhat down on their luck. We gave them money, clothes, food from our cupboards, games & toys for their children and even rides to and back from football practice for one of their kids. We became so close that at one point our neighbors were calling my Fiancé' "Aunt" if that tells you anything. Well after several years of giving and giving we started to notice that we got nothing in return. Not that we were expecting anything but after 3 years you start to feel used.This neighbor next door (known as Heather E.) took advantage of us as well as several other neighbors and simply used us and took all she could get. There are too many details to share but you should know that Heather has a new best friend every 4 months and is often fighting with someone for various reason (mostly in her head).

Shortly after we weaned ourselves of this one-sided relationship we saw that Heather E. and family began just opening their back door (that faced our house) and instead of putting their trash in the garbage can, they simply tossed it outside and let it land where it may. After a year+ of dealing with this "trash house" we were forced to contact the City of Gresham Code Enforcement here in Oregon. Code Enforcement quickly hopped on it and delivered an ultimatum to Heather E. and family: Clean things up or be fined. That night we saw Heather E. her best friend of the moment and one of her sons quickly cleanining up the refuse at 8:30pm at night!

What we didn't know was that for the past year Heather E. and family were throwing bags of trash into their shed outdoors and it had accumulated so much that it was overflowing inside! 2 days after Heather E. was forced to clean things up, I went outside and noticed that there was a large, dead possum laying on the path to my shed. This possum had clearly been dead for months and the only way that it made its way to my path was that is was placed there by someone. My Fiancé and I quickly surmised that this possum had gotten into Heather E.'s shed and became trapped inside where it died. As retribution for contacting Code Enforcement, our wonderful neighbors placed the possum on our property. I quickly picked up the possum and threw it back into Heather E.'s shed (with a glove mind you) and never heard about it again.

This is where the fake camera comes in: Rather than buy a gun or 2 along with a 6- foot fence with barbed wire or take some kind of militant stand here, I decided on a different approach. I had no idea what Heather E. and family might do next to escalate things so a fake camera was the PERFECT solution. Once installed, Heather E. instantly went on Facebook complaining about my cameras and even remarked that they were "illegal" and "he doesn't have permission to film my house!" Clearly Heather E. doesn't know the law. :)

In a nutshell these cameras worked like a miracle. They fooled our neighbors into thinking that they were being filmed at all times and basically it kept them from damaging our property (or worse). An unexpected bonus is that Heather E. and family never come out on that side of the house. Since they think they are on camera 24 hours a day, they choose to smoke on the other side of their house and rarely make an appearance. Even better, Heather E. is so paranoid that she put up cheap towels over the windows and doors so my cameras couldn't see in. LOL! Wonderful.

These cameras look real (at least to the low-life people next door) and it keeps them honest and away from our house. Sure, no one likes fighting with neighbors and we really have 0 contact with them which is great, but these cameras add an extra layer of protection. If Heather E. wants to mess with our house or vandalize things, she thinks she'll be on camera. This couldn't have worked better for a non-violent, passive solution to our neighbors from hell.

We have our neighbors trained and life is good again.
on January 15, 2014
The average neighborhood thief has no idea these cameras are fake! I know this is an excellent deterrant! I also feel the cameras do a better job than the signs people have indicating their home has a security system.
on October 11, 2012
I am using these in conjunction with real cameras & I can't tell the difference myself. I certainly wouldn't enter this property.
on January 28, 2013
I bought 3 of these. They look good. Red blinking LED going 24 hours a day. Bad news, they don't last a month on alkaline batteries. I bought the fake cameras to guard a house that we don't occupy for 6 months at a time. So we will have real looking cameras for about 25 days, then go to no flashing LED's.
on April 16, 2015
I like the camera and it looks pretty realistic, especially from the street. However, an LED, flashing about once per second, shouldn't drain the batteries in less then 3 weeks. I would expect to get at least 2-3 months out of a set of batteries.
on January 14, 2013
You get what you paid for, here. The plastic looks really cheap and it's unlikely to convince anybody if they can look closely, so putting it up high or far from where anybody could get a close look would be best. NOTE THAT IT WILL ONLY MOUNT ON A VERTICAL WALL. You cannot adjust it to mount from above or below on a horizontal surface. The fake lens is also very unconvincing. It does have a blinking light that has no on/off, so once you put the batteries in, it's going.
on February 13, 2012
I replaced cameras that were bought 6yrs ago, these look like the real thing. I also like the rain sheild and the ease of replacing the batteries.
on December 26, 2012
item does the job, many family and friends thought it was real. very weather resistant and looks reall. thank you
on September 13, 2012
This is a piece of junk! I was trying to adjust it before I hung it up and the bracket broke!

I used super glue to repair it, but it remains to be seen if that will last.