Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on February 25, 2013
the cameras look very convincing, the flashing red led add alot in making it look real. They seem to be well made and pretty durable . The cameras light has been flashing for a month so far on the first set of batteries,"AA", which is inexpensive to keep going.Well worth the price.
on June 9, 2013
I was having theft from my jobsite and picked up a couple of these. Even my workers thought they were real. Has a red blinking light you can see easily in the dark. No more theft after these went in.
on October 20, 2014
The "dummy" cameras have been up for six months now to augment our existing legitimate security system - so far; so good - no vandalism has occurred since they were installed. As you are able to see in the photo, we've added wiring to make everything seem even more legit. The LED's are still working on the originally installed batteries as well.
review image
on October 29, 2014
Bought 4 of these and installed them around my house. A buddy of mine has real cameras around and inside his house and even he was fooled by these cameras thinking they were real.
review image review image review image
on March 9, 2013
I use these to deter people from breaking into the back of our home. I have several live cameras that are less conspicuous, and I placed these dummies out as decoys (so that if someone breaks one I not only have them captured on the real camera, but I'm not out a lot of cash). The red LED's have been blinking for about a month so far. The cameras look real but are plasticky so I'm not sure how real they look to the uninformed. They seem to fool the UPS man! :)
on May 30, 2014
My husband has grand ideas of putting in a thorough security system, but in the meantime our house sits unprotected in an area of a lot of college students that get drunk are just looking for an easy prank/break in. When my husband was going away on a 2 week business trip I felt especially vulnerable. I had him put these up just as a deterrent. I love it. They blink and look very believable. I put one on each corner of the house. Now I couldn't care less if we never get the real deal put up.
on May 13, 2014
We received notice that there have been some break-in's in our neighborhood, so I ordered these as a deterrent. My guess is the typical smash-and-grab thieves have so many homes to choose from, anything that makes them think twice about your house will keep them moving on. These are cheap plastic but look just like metal, and the flashing red light makes them look completely legit.

I've read some reviews where people said the plastic 'wire' doesn't look real enough so they replaced with with coax. I think that's a waste of time. So much stuff is wireless anymore, you could probably install them without the wire; but the reality is if a thief knows what he's looking for and inspects them, he'll figure out they are fake anyway. I hung mine pretty high up, and faced two toward the street, so you can see the red light flash even if you are just driving by "casing" the place.
on June 2, 2014
These cameras are inexpensive but do not look it. They are not real but, hey, they might be...the blinking red light is not that fake-y frantic blink but a slow menacing one. I have mounted them so they are quite visible and aiming directly at a decision spot -- do we go through the gate of not? (Maybe not. C'mon. Let's go somewhere else.) I ordered six more for a friend who mixes pseudo cameras with real cameras to spread the warning and was impressed with the look and behavior of these.
Do not be fooled by the description, "2 Pack". This is a SINGLE unit and you will not receive 2 cameras. Amazon NEEDS TO FIX THIS IMMEDIATLY!! This is very misleading and true FALSE ADVERTISING!
on June 28, 2014
The listing shows nothing but the silver cameras and does not mention that they will be selecting the color for you between the frequently used silver and black that most security cameras use or the possibility of getting PURPLE cameras. Nowhere on this listing does it say that purple is even an option (and why is purple even an option!?) Normally this is the type of thing that would not be worth the hassle to return due to the low cost and it being close enough to what I wanted... this however just will not work. The purple color draws attention a lot better than the silver but it's more because it looks spray painted and on the one I opened has splotchy parts, it's color is very out of place, and though there are actual security cameras that are indeed purple they are very uncommon. The first thought I get when looking at this dummy camera is that it is very much a dummy camera, it just looks a lot more convincing in the colors that the vast majority of actual cameras; black and silver.

The cameras themselves are great: the flashing led is bright and the cord tucks into a slot in the back of the camera where it screws into the wall. They provide the 3 screws and mounts needed to install the camera. It runs off of 2 AA batteries, some users have reported theirs coming with batteries; mine did not.

But seriously... if purple is going to be an option... put it on the listing. If we are not going to have any say on the color sent out... put it on the listing.