Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: See Inside Famous Buildings
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

75%
25%

on December 8, 2011
I bought this book for my son at the National Gallery in Washington and have gone on to buy many more in the series. This one is a particular favorite of my now 4 1/2 year old boy. The book unfolds chronologically, from the Great Pyramid through the Colosseum, Notre Dame cathedral, the Tower of London, Versailles, before ending with the Burj Dubai. There are a great many little flaps that offer peeks into the buildings. The commentary is informed but child friendly. It's really aimed at an older kid than my son - there are some images of gladiators, skeletons and ghosts (at the Tower of London) which require explanation parents would rather avoid - but he's enjoyed it since he was 3. In fact, we took a trip to the Guggenheim Museum in New York because we learned about it in the book. Highly recommended.
on February 28, 2016
This is a cool book. Lots of lift-a-flaps (60, if I remember, correctly). Unfortunately, my kid doesn't like lifting flaps, apparently. Your kid will probably love it. I recommend you go through the book and gently lift all the flaps (maybe with a pointy knife, to give you a better grip), before you give it to your kid. Otherwise, there's a pretty good chance several of the flaps will get pretty badly ripped.
on March 28, 2013
We actually bought this to replace a copy we had lost. This is a fantastic book - informational but very fun for kids.
on March 4, 2012
I've been reading this book with my 4 and 6 year old cousins. They love this book! It has many flaps on each page that hide little facts and a closer look. for example if you open the window it gives you a look at the interior of a specific room or a view how that part of the building looked many years ago. The book teaches facts about famous buildings and their history to young and old.
on October 14, 2014
These books are some of the best information books ever written. My grankids love this one, in particular.
on January 9, 2015
My 5 year-old grandson, loves the pictures and the text was easy for him to understand.
on August 4, 2015
many delightful flaps to lift, inside many famous buildings.
on January 6, 2013
My 3 year old son doesn't put this book down! He keeps telling us facts he learns from the book and asks to visit the places in the book.