Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: See The Morning
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on September 26, 2006
I hate to admit it, but sometimes I pick up a new Contemporary Christian CD and I just enjoy it. Sure, it's probably a better choice than mainstream radio, but I find myself guilty of not always allowing the song to be used to praise God, sometimes I takw the music too lightly. However, that has been imposible to do with any of Chris Tomlin's albums. It would be easy too, Chris has one of the greatest voices in music today, but there's something that can't be heard with these songs, something I suspect has everything to do with the heart of the worship leader that brings the listener into a closer place with God. The morning i purchased this CD I had a bit of a drive ahead of me, I poped it in my car CD player, by the time I got to the fourth song (Glory In The Highest) I had to pull over and just enter prayer with God... Buy this album and let it lead you closer to God.

Regarding the songs, not much to say all excellent choices. Three tracks are already in the rotation with many worship bands, you may reconize: "Everlasting God" (awesome Brenton Brown song), the uptempo "Awesome Is The Load Most High", one of Chris's contributions to the lastest Passion Worship Band album and Glorious.

The only way to judge a worship album is how well it leads you in your private worship. Chris's music is a big part of my private and corporate worship, five stars just aren't enough.
22 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon November 30, 2006
I am a worship arts pastor in Pennsylvania. Normally, on an album like this. I am able to find 3 or 4 songs that I really like or really think would work well in our worship services. On this album, for the first time, I am having a very hard time finding even one or two that WOULDN'T work well in our services.

Chris is a very gifted songwriter, the band it tight, the sound is great. Whether just listening, using for your own private worship, or using as a resource for a church... It's a SERIOUS winner!
on September 27, 2006
I got tired of waiting for my order to arrive from Amazon so I went out today to a Christian book store and bought this album. I didn't realize until I was checking out that I had picked up a special edition cd that I didn't see available at Amazon. It has four extra tracks - acoustic versions of Enough, Made to Worship and How Can I Keep From Singing, as well as an original demo called Over Me (a beautiful song!). These tracks were well worth the extra price. There's also a little video on the making of the album which I haven't seen yet.

Overall, the album is wonderful - his best yet. I visited Austin Stone in June and Chris and his band played Everlasting God. I had never heard it before, but it made such an impact on me that it's been stuck in my head ever since. It's by far the best song on the album, in my opinion.
on September 28, 2006
This album is more than an album. Here's why: It declares God's wonderful praises in the midst of suffering and hardship - which makes it more special and authentic. True worship comes out of hardship and suffering and changes not only the world, but several generations to come. The album is different from "Arriving" (the last album) and all his past work. The focus is on bringing glory to Christ, and there are'nt any distractions from this core message. The production is flawless, the strings, drums, etc. This album has several high points that will rock and more reflective tracks. I don't have any favorites because they are all that good, however "How Can I Keep from Singing", "Let God Arise", "Everlasting God" (this was just plain amazing!), "Glory in the Highest", "Rejoice" are tracks that will be sung long after we are gone. May the Lord give Chris and the band the endurance and the courage to keep the good work they are doing! My best album yet!
on September 26, 2006
I have been listening to and worshipping with Chris Tomlin's music for years now and I have to say that this cd is his most amazing yet. It is so full of life and encouragement. The words to his songs will make you stop and take in just how awesome our God is, especially on songs like "Glory in the Highest", "Uncreated One", "How Can I Keep From Singing", and "Amazing Grace, My Chains are Gone". This cd is packed full of one incredible song after another. These are classics in the making. I highly, highly recommend this album.
VINE VOICEon May 21, 2007
"See The Morning" is the first Chris Tomlin album that I've ever purchased. He gained my interest with the release of "Made To Worship" and "How Can I Keep From Singing." "How Can I Keep From Singing" opens this album with an almost doorbell-like chime, awakening the listener and drawing them into the rest of the album and preparing them for some wonderful worship tunes. "Made To Worship" will easily flow from your lips after just a couple of listenings. The next tune, "Let God Arise," is my personal favorite. It has a driving beat behind it that proclaims "our God reigns." The rest of the album is just as good, and I'd be fibbing if I told you that any one of the other songs doesn't deserve to be played on the radio. "Uncreated One," "Glorious" and "Let Your Mercy Rain" are just a few of the highlights from the rest of the album.

Tomlin and his band sound tight and blend together wonderfully. For those unfamiliar with his sound, I'd say that Tomlin is something of a cross between Steven Curtis Chapman's musical stylings and Wes King's softspoken vocals. If you enjoy either of these artists or light pop and rock in general, Tomlin should be right up your alley.

I highly recommend this album to anyone in need of a worship boost. This album will get you singing and praising in no time flat.
on October 16, 2006
OK - instead of just saying this is great - i will tell you in detail why Chris Tomlin is potentially the best worship leader and collaborator of our time...

1. He is not afraid to do music that normal joes can all play and sing (yes, he does sing in ridiculous keys) - but all his songs are so accessible and spot on musically.

2. He is rooted and grounded in Scripture in all his songs - he's not just throwing out words to make songs - there is depth and meaning behind his masterful tunes!

3. He loves working with people to arrive at the best product to worship God - he doesn't try to lone ranger it through his cds.

4. His voice and approach to worship altogether is so inspiring - i tell my wife, who is a trained musician that i could just listen to him sing anything, his voice is that great.

5. All the songs on this CD were thoughtfully produced and recorded - did i mention that they are great and rich musically?

Arriving, his last album was amazing!!!!!! like a 5363 on a scale of 10 - this one is pretty close - though if you've never heard his other cds or songs - you are missing out and need to grab those quick - they are amazing to teach to your church!!! God bless!'
on January 25, 2008
First, let me say that the Louis Giglio video is by far the BEST 45 minute message that I've ever heard. We first watched this video in our youth study on Wednesday night with 75 youth. You could have heard a pin drop. The message speaks to you in a way that you will never forget. I challenge you to find anyone who's seen the video who wasn't totally blown away by it. Couple it with the CD by Chris and it's a value you should not, under any circumstances, pass up. I say again, this video is beyond anything you could imagine it would be and truly addresses how big our God really is. All I can tell you is that after our youth saw it, we showed it to our congregation. Since that time, well over 30 families have purchased it for themselves, including our pastor. God Bless.
on February 5, 2016
Every Church knows and sings Amazing Grace with that chorus which Tomlin tagged in. For years that was the only song I knew (and the only song most others know) from this album and I frankly am not a big fan of it. So I avoided purchase of this album even though I owned the rest of Tomlin's discography up through Hello Love. When I finally bought See the Morning I was stunned by how consistently beautiful the rest of the album is. Why is this the only album of his without multiple hits? Somehow that Amazing Grace, Chains Are Gone song became larger than the album and eclipsed its greatness. That's really a tragedy. There's so many great songs on here to explore and I feel as though it's a lot more consistent than any other Tomlin album. In my opinion, many of his albums have about 4-5 great songs and lots of filler. I would highly recommend this album to anyone.
on May 14, 2007
I never heard of Chris Tomlin before hearing his version of Amazing Grace/My chains are gone...so buying this album was a taking a chance for me. What a gift to have found an album where EVERY song brings glory to God. Great music...great singing...scriptural lyrics...I think even Paul the Apostle would approve. The refrains will stay with you and keep you lifted up all day!