5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied
Published on June 16, 2011 by Critical

3.0 out of 5 stars blueberry seeds
seeds came in about 2 weeks, there were roughly 80 seeds in the package. after a month there are about 6 plants growing. I hope more sprout soon.

Published on April 3, 2011 by Joseph Learn

3.0 out of 5 stars blueberry seeds, April 3, 2011
This review is from: Seeds and Things 50 Highbush Blueberry Seeds Blueberries

Side note, I have experience in growing plants from seeds and these are not my first batch, Normally blueberries are started from roots splices, so I was a little hesitant on ordering seeds. but figured for a few bucks it was worth a shot. Make sure you know about blueberries before you plant, they are hard seeds to get to start.

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied, June 16, 2011
This review is from: Seeds and Things 50 Highbush Blueberry Seeds Blueberries
I planted some of these in some grow cubes. With some sun and keeping the soil moist, I had germination in about 1 month. I can't speak for the quality so far but it's been about 3 months and these are in the ground and about 3 inches tall. I live in WI so the season is short. I can't say how well they are going to do but I do know blueberries grow well in Wisconsin in acidic soil or around pine trees.

1.0 out of 5 stars Coudlnt get it to grow., August 13, 2011
This review is from: Seeds and Things 50 Highbush Blueberry Seeds Blueberries
I attempted to get this to grow. I followed the instructions and used the exact ingredients that it required. Didn't work. I am not a experienced gardener to be fair.

1.0 out of 5 stars total failure, May 8, 2012
This review is from: Seeds and Things 50 Highbush Blueberry Seeds Blueberries
this arrived in a timely manner.
that was the only bright point.
they failed to grow.
these seeds were put into seed trays to start in a greenhouse.
3 seeds started. and then failed to grow.

1.0 out of 5 stars They take 3 weeks to sprout apparently, but mine didn't ever come up, March 4, 2013
This review is from: Seeds and Things 50 Highbush Blueberry Seeds Blueberries
They failed to mention - 3 weeks until these sprout! I am still patiently... OK not so patiently .. waiting for mine to come up at 2 weeks. I sure hope these are worth it in the end because I promised my family our own blueberry patch would get started this year.

Update: Not a single one came up. I waited the 3 weeks, then 4... nada. Not one single little sprout.

These were in a sprouter, with a planting seed starter heat mat, clear lid and a full spectrum light over them, so they were warm, moist and set up for success. Every other seed I've planted this spring came up from Giant sunflowers, tomatoes, basil to snap dragons... just no blueberries.

I don't know if these plants are just super tough to start, or if they were bad seeds, but I would recommend you just go to your local garden center and buy a bush already started!

1.0 out of 5 stars Seeds are not the Best Way to Grow Blueberries, December 25, 2012
This review is from: Seeds and Things 50 Highbush Blueberry Seeds Blueberries
One star rated because seeds are so difficult to grow successfully. It can be done of course, but it is a tedious process at best. If you want blueberries, it is better to get plants from a local nursery. (Avoid mail order plants as they may not grow in your area). Blueberries need a very acidic soil, so unless you have a naturally acidic soil, the plants will weaken and die within a short time. Soil conditioners can be used to acidify the soil, but these generally need to be applied each and every year. Better to perhaps purchase a porch pot, create the ideal soil pH, and transplant blueberry plants into the conditioned soil. The pictures that one sees in seed catalogs with plants brimming with big juicy blueberries are usually not what the average gardener can achieve.

Sorry if I burst anyone's dreams...

kone

2.0 out of 5 stars Do not order seeds from this company!, January 3, 2014
This review is from: Seeds and Things 50 Highbush Blueberry Seeds Blueberries
I ordered these seeds on November 14, 2013. They finally arrived on January 2, 2014. When the package arrived, it had a green tape on it from "U.S. Customs and Border Protection". It had been opened and they left me a piece of paper that stated the seeds were "Prohibited Material Removed and Destroyed. The Phyto-sanitary certificate is missing, Quarantine Regulation in Violation". I am glad that since the company did not have the seeds inspected and certified to be free of insects pests and threaten US Agriculture, (Which is the only reason this got 2 stars). But now I am out the cost of seeds and the postage. How was I to know this product was coming from Singapore? Next time I will READ the reviews and find out more about the company.

1.0 out of 5 stars Never again, November 6, 2013
This review is from: Seeds and Things 50 Highbush Blueberry Seeds Blueberries
I never received my seeds. There was just a letter from customs saying they destroyed the seeds because the shippers from Singapore did not have the proper paperwork. I don't care about my dollar refund, but I do think they should be taken off of Amazon since I'm not the only one with this type of review.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money and time, June 5, 2013
Jose salcedo (laredo, texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seeds and Things 50 Highbush Blueberry Seeds Blueberries
They never grew up... Not a single plant, even a little one... i followed instructions and nothing grew up from this seeds!

3.0 out of 5 stars Unsuccessful Germination, July 31, 2012
This review is from: Seeds and Things 50 Highbush Blueberry Seeds Blueberries
I had wrongly stated in my first review that these seeds were not pre-stratified. I was mistaking them for another batch of seeds from another seller. These seeds nonetheless refused to germinate after 2 attempts under careful and controlled conditions. I still have some left and I will try again. I will update this post if they germinate.

Rate and Discover Movies