‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars finally a reformed devotional, March 30, 2013
This review is from: Seeking God's Face: Praying with the Bible Through the Year, Compact Edition (Imitation Leather)
I had pretty much given up on 'devotional' materials. Often they have 1-2 verses then lots of someones thoughts on it. This resource follows the lectionary scripture readings for the year. So everyday I get to read scripture with brothers and sister around the world who follow the lectionary. It is almost all scripture with space recommended to reflect and prayer. And it crafts prayers for you to pray taken from some of the historic Reformed Christian documents (Heidelberg, Belgic, Westminster, etc) which I have REALLY loved. So in short, this is the best devotional book I have ever owned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to my daily devotional life, December 13, 2013
John (Dunedin, FL, United States) - See all my reviews
It was recommended by a fellow pastor and I have enjoyed it for over a month now. Nice balance of Scripture, silence, Lectio Divina, and free flowing and written prayers. The written prayers originate from Reformed Confessions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daily Office in an attractive cover, November 1, 2012
This little book follows the lectionary through the church year. Call to worship, psalm, scripture, guided reflection, and prayer all wrapped in an imitation leather (more like rubber, although attractive nevertheless)cover. This little book has helped bring structure and consistency to my daily time with God. I look forward to it every day.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute favorite, May 22, 2014
I love the structure of this daily devotional that keeps you focused. I love that you're praying through the lectionary and joining with Christians around the globe. It definitely goes beyond the traditional read a couple verses and let me give you a thought to chew on for the day. It's also a great resource if you're in charge of devotions for a group or staff meeting. This has been my go to book for the last six months and I love it because you're actually in the word and letting it speak to you. If you're ready to give more focused time in your day to God, go deeper in your devotions and actually dig into the word, this is the devotional for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, but rich, March 15, 2014
Bethany Stewart (Springfield, IL United States) - See all my reviews
Thoughtful selection of Scripture readings, helpful prayer prompts (using inspiration from historic prayer books), and helps walk through the church year. I've been grateful for this resource!

5.0 out of 5 stars great way to start your day, December 24, 2013
Jeff Spears "JeffSF" (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Great way to start your day. The readings and the prayers set me on the right path. Now it has become a good habit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful in daily quiet time., November 30, 2013
The structure of this book is unique and draws you in. Helpful in thinking more broadly about prayer and what God is doing around the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Daily Devotional, August 4, 2013
A great devotional with opening sentence, Psalm (or similar), New Testament, reflection/lectio devina, free and guided prayer, and closing sentence. Very biblically based.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reference book, July 16, 2013
I did not notice that it was a compact edition. Would have liked the larger edition better.This was my error, not the sellers
It is a well written guide book with a nice lay out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rich and Deep, July 6, 2013
I absolutely love this book, rich and deep with Scriptures we are gently reminded to read twice through slowly to savor what God may have for us. The prayers and blessings are thoughtful and resonate deeply. A great way to start the day or at any time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Seeking God's Face: Praying with the Bible Through the Year, Compact Edition
Seeking God's Face: Praying with the Bible Through the Year, Compact Edition by Philip F Reinders (Imitation Leather - August 14, 2012)
$24.99 $19.94