5.0 out of 5 stars Brainwave entrainment that actually works!!!
Dr. Alexander's near-death-experience is an amazing story by itself but I wish to write about the brainwave entrainment tracks in this product. Those tracks are supposed to help the listener to reproduce similar states of consciousness that Dr. Alexander experienced during his coma.

Published 9 months ago by Horst

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissappointed
Published 1 month ago by Mary Bollong

5.0 out of 5 stars Brainwave entrainment that actually works!!!, October 6, 2013
This review is from: Seeking Heaven: Sound Journeys into the Beyond (Audio CD)

I have been trying various audio entrainment technologies in order to boost my meditation practice, for more than a dozen years, and I have always had the same problems: a) I got adverse side-effects due to my sensitive constitution and, thus, could not listen to it, or b) it simply did not have any effect on me at all. This brainwave entrainment product is the first one that really works on me. It speeds up the achievement of a desired state of consciousness and deepens my meditation without giving me a head-ache: that's why I give all 5 stars!

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing; effective; will use these for a long time, October 13, 2013
This review is from: Seeking Heaven: Sound Journeys into the Beyond (Audio CD)
Of course, anyone who is interested enough in Dr. Alexander's message to purchase these CDs would probably give a positive rating. I've had them just a few weeks since they first came out. Quality is fine. There are 3 CDs. Some of the sound tracks are short explanations/ synopsis of his message or key concepts from his book. Others are 30-minute meditations. A skeptic would be unlikely to purchase the book or these CDs.

I've found the meditations to have a calming influence on my life and to also stimulate my "inner self" concept. So far, I've followed the suggestion to listen to each meditation for a while (days) until I feel ready to try another. I still haven't listened to disc 3, but have been very pleased with what I've heard so far-- on the first two discs.

The sounds include chanting of Om and tinkling sounds and "space sounds" and "heartbeat sounds; the sounds are definitely designed to be heard through ear phones. The meditation works best if you are lying down and can chant along with parts of the sounds. While the immediate effect is not necessarily calming in the way I think of typical chants as "calming," I find the lasting impact afterward to be more calming than typical chants or meditation music. (Hard to explain!)

I think the name "Sound Journeys" are a great description of the experience. There is a female voice who provides calming instructions until the sounds take over and transport the listener. This is a different experience than listening to typical chanting or meditation music. You really need ear phones!!!! Not noise cancelling ones!!!!

If you've read the book and are willing to be open to the experience, I think you can have meaningful journeys. These are definitely meditations to which the listener can return again and again and again. The experience will build.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 out of 5 stars is that I wish the CDs had more meditations on them. I've read the book and had the pleasure of hearing Dr. Alexander speak in person, so I didn't need the "explanations" as much as someone who hasn't had those experiences.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Purchase, October 2, 2013
This review is from: Seeking Heaven: Sound Journeys into the Beyond (Audio CD)
I read Proof of Heaven and heard Eben Alexander speak at an Edgar Cayce Center. He is amazing and so is his CD Seeking Heaving. It takes Meditation to another level. Thank you for transitioning us to our next evolutionary plateau! Dr. Alexander will have two additional books based on his original NDE with information omitted from Proof of Heaven to better relay his initial message of "Consciousness". I am so looking forward to this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising & Enlightening, November 20, 2013
D. Edge (Miami, Florida USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seeking Heaven: Sound Journeys into the Beyond (Audio CD)
While I had positive expectations buying these sound journeys, after reading Dr. Alexander's Proof of Heaven, listening to EMDR recordings, and various different sound based meditation techniques, including spending time with monks in a Cistercian monastery, and working guided meditations in a Buddhist retreat, this was the first that I found to be as moving as it was.

Have only listened to CD 1 and 2 so far and twice found the experience to be more intense than any other I have heard. Let me be clear, this is a positive experience. Found that both times in the sessions needed to stop and take a deep breath or two to be able to continue. Suspect that the process of letting go triggered an anxiety response at the moment.

In both monastery and in retreat the time to reach a centered relaxed yet attentive state from arrival was far longer than listening to this cd set for me. Am not yet able to vocalize precisely the experience and will work on that for a later update, however in the meantime feel tremendously centered and present - more so than while listening to any other CD set to date.

Footnote: Headphones are essential. Not noise cancelling ones. If you listen on an I-Pod as I did, the instructions state that you need to change the ripping settings to the highest quality WAVE ripping to catch all frequencies. The required disk space gobbled up by this process is worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep, Intense, a New Dimension, November 4, 2013
This review is from: Seeking Heaven: Sound Journeys into the Beyond (Audio CD)
I got off to an inauspicious start, as my CD player ate disc 1! Undeterred, I began listening to disc 2 over the weekend going though two 30 minute meditations. I felt as though it hadn't made a huge impact, except that it was very intense and I am an optimistic person. The fact that these were sounds as close to what Dr. Alexander experienced in his NDE I found very exciting. By Sunday evening(after one session Saturday and one Sunday) I began to feel very peaceful and happy.

On Monday, I have to be honest, I feel more peaceful & happy than I can ever remember that isn't related to specific life events. I have found myself repeating the phrase "I have thoughts, but I am not my thoughts, I am an eternal being" It is a peace and knowing that appears to be in a new dimension for me.... stay tuned.....

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!, January 9, 2014
I truly loved these recordings! I have tried lots and lots of meditation/hypnosis tracks and none of them were able to relax me and calm my brain down, but Dr. Alexander's Seeking Heaven did the trick! I was pleasantly surprised at how it calmed my brain down and allowed me to enter into a state of bliss and happiness. I have even listened to the tracks at work and I have found that it has improved my productivity, as well as my mood. I am more happier and less anxious after listening to these tracks. They are truly a blessing from the spiritual world!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite meditation!, February 2, 2014
This review is from: Seeking Heaven: Sound Journeys into the Beyond (Audio CD)
I can't help but get a big smile on my face at the beginning of each meditation. I'm so grateful to Dr. Alexander for sharing both his story and now, allowing us to hear what he heard during his coma. I can't say enough about this CD! I look forward to listening to it every day.

5.0 out of 5 stars CDs are far better sound quality than the download, March 10, 2014
Diana (Antelope Valley, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seeking Heaven: Sound Journeys into the Beyond (Audio CD)
I originally bought this via my Audible account, and the downloaded version was very small MB. After reading feedbacks, noting that my experience with the downloaded version didn't match up to what I was reading from other people's experiences, I got help from another person who commented on Seeking Heaven: Sound Journeys into the Beyond. He pointed out that his high quality transfer from CDs to his iTunes/iPod was a much bigger sound file.

This is a great CD, very thoughtful introduction and beautiful sound. I didn't have an "experience" but I think I should find time to do this in the day, not at the end of the day when I am tired and will fall asleep. This isn't magic, and I have to continue to work on developing a meditative mind and ability to focus. These CDs are a fantastic tool to help toward that goal. (Among others as well)

A perfect follow up to the book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissappointed, June 17, 2014
This review is from: Seeking Heaven: Sound Journeys into the Beyond (Audio CD)
After reading Dr. Alexander's book, 'Proof of Heaven,' I was eager to listen to his meditation CD in hopes of experiencing a deeper meditation and hopefully, in time, some sort of transformational moment. While the actual meditation sounds are excellent and I would highly recommend a new CD with just the meditation sounds, the voice of the meditation guide (Karen Newell I think), was distracting. When listening to the CD, just as I began to relax and slip into a meditative state, the guide would start to talk and snap me right back. It was difficult to wait for her to finish because she had long gaps between the words "let" and "go." I actually experienced her guidance on the CD as irritating.

4.0 out of 5 stars life changing experience for him, May 31, 2014
This review is from: Seeking Heaven: Sound Journeys into the Beyond (Audio CD)
Very interesting read on his near death experience. Comes from a Dr's point of view and offers insight into the what he experienced and how it changed his thinking as a Doctor and what he now understands about health and healing from a spiritual point of view after having visited "the other side." Please also read Anita Moorjani's book "Dying to be Me" about her near death experience and what wisdom she returned with from the spiritual realm and now offers to the world. It's an amazing read and I think offers much more insight into how to change your thinking and way of living and how it can improve your health and wellbeing without having to have a near death experience. Both may challenge your ways of thinking and viewing the world and are worth reading.

Seeking Heaven: Sound Journeys into the Beyond
Seeking Heaven: Sound Journeys into the Beyond by Eben Alexander III M. D. (Audio CD - September 17, 2013)
$19.99 $14.55