Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Crazy Taxi [Download]
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Platform: PC Download|Change
Price:$33.00

on July 12, 2012
The good: The graphics hold up pretty well. Nothing in the game looks overly-pixelated and the meshes are well-designed. They built a fairly expansive city, and you get both the arcade and Dreamcast version, so good on Sega. You can play in Arcade, Timed, or Special (i.e. you perform various feats on speciality tracks, such as landing a long jump) modes, and they're all fun. The gameplay style is basic (arrow keys), but it's perfect for this type of game where you'll be playing in short bursts. Really easy to pick up -- fun at parties. The general premise of taking people to their destinations as fast as you can really gives the game a hectic attitude. Oh, and the music fits perfectly.

The bad: The game doesn't support graphics modes above 1280x720 or AA. That's unfortunate.

The ugly: The characters, while well designed, haven't aged well in the graphics department. Really. It's a good thing you mostly see their backs.

Verdict: A nice arcade/console conversion. Worth the price.
on September 8, 2011
So others know, this is not the complete original Crazy Taxi. The music is not the same. It is not as bad as the new Dreamcast Collection but its not the iconic tunes which helped invent the atmosphere of the classic game on Dreamcast.

The rest of the game is all there. It has a config tool which provides some enhancements. But the resolution is limited to a max of 1280x960. If you are looking for bigger, you will be out of luck here.

Overall, yeah its a classic game I loved, but knowing it is not a straight port of the original, I probably would have saved the money on this. There is an option to remedy this but you need to get a hold of the songs from the original and swap them into the game files. It is not hard, they are all in mp3 anyways and there is a folder in the game marked music.

Mostly this review is to advise others who are hoping to pick up a PC version with the original songs and avoid the DC collection. Looks like you'll have to edit the game yourself just like the other release.
on January 3, 2014
the download doesn;t have much in the way of directions. wing it. It does work with generic controllers. good soundtrack Gives no clue what the stunts are about or how to compete in them. A good game for taking a break that has a max of ten minutes to play to keep your ___ moving back to work once the time is up. keeps its fun factor
on August 15, 2015
Note: This review is written by a dedicated Christian.

If you're a Christian gamer, you will be disappointed with this game. It is "T for Teen" rated because not only that there was some violence and weird music, but there was strong language in this game. What's so cool about that?! My son likes video games that have to do with driving and racing. He heard some of the bad words when playing the missions, but I wasn't aware of this until he told me about it. I was shocked! I don't think I heard the bad language when my son first played it, but if I did, I would have stopped him from playing it. My fault, I should have checked the ESRB rating before buying it, even though it WAS obviously shown on the front cover. But now it doesn't seem harmless to us. After all, this must have been the game where my son learned about bad language, but since he's Christian, I don't want him to be familiar with that trash, nor be encouraged by this particular game to use it in his own life. Now for the main aspects of the game...

The taxi cars that you drive are pretty cool, but some of the drivers look weird. You basically pick up customers and drop them off at their destinations to earn money before the clock strikes zero. Along the way, you can perform high-flying stunts, spin outs, etc. The tasks aren't really complex. Although they seemed fun, the idea of putting the foul language in is not great at all. We are very disappointed in SEGA for that. I will be giving this two stars because of the fun aspects I just mentioned.

Overall, not a very impressive effort. This game was one heck of a disappointment. If you're looking for a G-rated arcade game made by SEGA, I would recommend something else like 18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker. In fact, that game is much better than this one!
on January 31, 2014
Easy download & it was just like I remembered the actual video game... Minus the actual locations which is completely understandable due to copyright issues. I would recommend getting a game controller.
on July 31, 2013
Fun game, great graphics, I love the idea of playing different versions without having to download more versions. Great game
on February 27, 2009
THE PC GAME WAS PURCHASED FOR A 12 YEAR OLD AND WITH THE ADDITION OF THE STEERING WHEEL AND PEDALS, SHE IS HAVING THE TIME OF HER LIFE. I LOOKED ALL OVER THE INTERNET TRYING TO FIND AN ORIGINAL VERSION OF THE GAME AND AMAZON.COM WAS THE ONLY SOURCE. THANKS AMAZON.COM
on January 22, 2015
Great game
on February 8, 2015
DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! Crashed after one day.. now i have to uninstall every time i want to use it.. then crashes again!! Not worth it!! Wasted my money.. so not happy
on December 25, 2014
This game would not run on my computer. It did not even install right. Never completed install.