5.0 out of 5 stars Second best Sonic game of all time!
Well, Sonic Generations took my personal spotlight for the Best Sonic Game Ever, but Sonic CD is still one of my top favorite Sonic games, and now that there's this remake, everyone will get to see why I love it so much (To come to think of it.....Maybe this remake and Generations get my top spot...).

Sonic CD was released for the notorious Sega CD, an add-on...
Published on January 19, 2012 by Jack-of-All Games

3.0 out of 5 stars Had a lot of trouble....
We had a lot of trouble with this download. After a very long time in figuring out how to open it, our son has finally gotten to play it and enjoys it. We were just not happy with all the trouble it took to download it.
Published 15 months ago by Troy Neujahr

2.0 out of 5 stars downloaded from games library, January 18, 2014
This review is from: Sonic CD [Download] (Software Download)
downloaded product for son, x-mas gift, next thing I know, my computer had been taken over by this game site and sonic would not play no matter how many attempts we performed to get it to load and play. Not happy! Very grateful was only few dollars. 9 year old autistic son devastated due to inability to get out of site unless we shut down the hard way.

1.0 out of 5 stars Software difficulty, January 3, 2014
This review is from: Sonic CD [Download] (Software Download)
We were excited about this game; however, the gaming platform that Amazon is using is interfered with by Norton. Therefore, if you have Norton Antivirus you will not be able to play this game. Why someone would design a game that can only be played if you deactivate Norton (one of the most popular antiviruses around) is beyond me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Blast of Fun, November 1, 2013
This review is from: Sonic CD [Download] (Software Download)
An oldie but most assuredly a goldie. This was a game I played as a kid and I am so glad that I now have a much easier way to play it then all the mods and compatibility stuff I had to deal with to get it to work.

3.0 out of 5 stars Had a lot of trouble...., December 28, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Will not work on my PC, December 20, 2012
This review is from: Sonic CD [Download] (Software Download)
I love the game but I could not get it to work on my PC. Tried several different things and still not working.

1.0 out of 5 stars was very cheap but doesn't work, January 3, 2013
This review is from: Sonic CD [Download] (Software Download)
no matter what I try this game just wont play...

It is a shame I have heard this was a great game that most people never played because it was on a terrible system. The Sega CD had very few good games and I never got a chance to play this because no body anywhere had a sega CD.

1.0 out of 5 stars A Sonic fan, March 28, 2013
This review is from: Sonic CD [Download] (Software Download)
When I saw this game on Amazon I was so happy I've seen Sonic CD and it seems fun.
So I bought this game with hopes high but I can't even get the game to run! And My computer meets all the system requirements but it still doesn't work! I've tried everything to make it work I even tried updating java and direct X even tried changing the screen resultion.

4.0 out of 5 stars A classic for all Sonic fans, July 7, 2012
This review is from: Sonic CD [Download] (Software Download)
I'm not going to say much that hasn't been said by other reviews. This was my first Sonic game and I used to play it all the time as a kid. This download stays pretty true to the original, though some minor animation fixes and menu screen changes have been made. This download allows you to play the game with either the Japanese/PAL soundtrack or the English soundtrack (composed by Spenser Nilsen), which is exactly why I got it. There are still some of the original bugs in the game, like travelling through time and getting stuck in something and having to reset. Sheesh.

Head's up, it's a short game. The game was originally for Sega CD, and it had to fit on a standard 700 MB CD. A 100% run takes about an hour if you know what you're doing.

Now why I hate this download - it's protected by STEAMWORKS. This means you have to install the Steam client to install and play the game. It also means you'll have little popup messages in-game about achievements or whatever that weren't a part of the original game. Not to mention the Steam client crashes Windows explorer on my computer when I run any game full screen so I have to ctrl-alt-delete my way out of every play-through. Annoying.

Sonic CD is a great game, but Steam makes it (and just about every other game) a hassle. I'll stick to playing a ROM.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless!, December 15, 2012
This review is from: Sonic CD [Download] (Software Download)
Doesn't work, all the other sonic games worked just fine and didn't require Steam. Don't waste your money or time on this one!

1.0 out of 5 stars Great game, but Steam f***s it up!, April 14, 2013
This review is from: Sonic CD [Download] (Software Download)
I'm not exaggerating when I say that Sonic CD is one of the greatest platformers ever created. The re-release of this early 90's sleeper hit even adds to its genius -- there is inclusion of the Japanese soundtrack and the option of playing as Tails after one playthrough as Sonic. But I suggest looking at the mobile downloads of this game or even investing in the original CD instead of downloading it to PC, because Steam is just that bad.

In fact, be wary of purchasing any game download that requires Steam activation. The company is gaining notoriety for its (mis)handling of classic games, and this one is no exception. As the reviewer before me complained, I too have be unable to open this download even though my system meets (even well exceeds) the requirements. C'mon, Sega! Cut ties with Steam.

ARRAY(0x9f7b33a8)