Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Platform: Nintendo Wii|Change
Price:$8.96+ Free shipping

on February 28, 2008
I've been looking forward to this game since its announcement. I still play the orginal bass fishing and sega marine fishing on the Dreamcast because they are so much fun.

This version has better graphics (not drastically better, but they do look cleaner and brighter) more ambient sounds effects, tons of new locations and nature trip mode. Nature mode is a more realistic and relaxing way to play and there is no music and it takes longer to get a fish to bite.

The Wii controls are great...you cast with the Wiimote and reel using the nunchuck. The wiimote even makes a winding sound as you reel a fish in. You can also use the wiimote to control the height of the rod onscreen.

The game does have a few faults that have carried over from the original dreamcast version. Namely the fact that your fishing line goes through objects underwater and the fish can have some jittery animations if they stuck near a rock or something.

Overall its a fun game that anyone can play for only $30.00.
33 comments|48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2008
This was a spur of the moment purchase. My finance and I had stopped into our local game store, and the employees were playing!! I couldn't seem to take my eyes off the game, and when they hooked a 12 lber ..... I was HOOKED!!! Unfortunatly for the employees, this was the only copy in the store, and I scarfed it up right away. I'm a casual fisher(women), and love the thrill of hooking a big one. This game doesn't disappoint. It did take me a couple days to figure out which lures to use, and when, but since then.....I've been winning the tours!!! GREAT buy for anyone who likes or loves fishing. GREAT graphics!!!!
on May 30, 2008
Sega Bass Fishing for the Nintendo Wii is a remake of the classic Dreamcast and Arcade fishing game. As fishing games aren't very popular, why in the world would I rate this one so highly? Because it's fun.

There's not a ton of realism in this game, bogging it down. It's arcade fun as only Sega can do, with heavy metal guitar riffs playing as you catch a big bass to the ticking timer influencing which bait you use next.

The game does have its flaws, however, with slightly unresponsive motion controls, but it doesn't detract from the fun. If you've ever wanted to try a fishing game, this is the one to get.
on September 6, 2008
i got this game after playing wii hooked for 2 months and wish i wouldve gotten this one first. at some points its really easy but still fun. you still have to figure out what lure to use with what condition. some say this game is too easy but i think you still have to have some skill to do good. its not like wii hooked where you get a big one to bite and 2 seconds later the line breaks. i would recommend this game to anyone that wants to have fun and be rewarded for it.
on July 15, 2008
I bought this as a gift for Father's Day for my husband. He LOVES it! The graphics are quite nice, especially the underwater shots. You can choose your own lures, and places to fish, there are tournaments, etc. I often come home and find him "fishing". It is highly recommended compared to another brand we bought earlier and that is gathering dust.
on February 12, 2010
My dad has been an avid fisherman his entire life, but I noticed that his fishing trips had become less and less frequent as he's gotten older. I knew that his love of fishing couldn't have diminished, so I figured that it had to be that it had become too uncomfortable for his 80-year old body. I gave him this game for Christmas and I am more than thrilled to see how much he is enjoying it. There was a slight learning curve in the beginning. Even 2-lb fish would break our lines! But, once we got the hang of it, it was a lot of fun. There are many variations in settings, time of day, weather conditions, lures, etc. that make the game interesting and challenging. My only complaint is that our tournament scores don't save (or maybe we just don't know how to save them). And, I say "we" fish because, just like when I was young, my dad and I are sharing the joy of fishing together again.
on January 25, 2010
I think the other reviewers here either have not played the game much, have not fished much, or have not gotten too far in the game. In both arcade and tournament modes, there comes a point when the line breaks constantly no matter what you do. In tournament it happens with the big fish (secret is to slow down your reeling, but even then you will only land 10% of fish you hook) and in arcade it is at the dam level. "Broken line!" comes after almost every hookup. It is ridiculous once you get to that level, and really not much fun.

I give it three stars for fun because you do get to play for awhile, learn to use different lures, and try different baits in different conditions. But overall, I would not recommend it.
on December 28, 2009
Great, fun, exciting, and really teaches you how to fish and what to expect in real how a fish would respond to its surroundings, i must admit i love fishing and really cetch my tail to fish as in this game i did in the beginning for a few minutes but after learning and haveing patience it was hard to leave once i got the fishes biting, look people if you really want to know the art of fishing buy this i'm sure i would cetch more fishes by the sea now, can't wait to go, thanks Wii you really have a way of bringing the outdoor activities inside your house...
on January 17, 2014
I got this used in excellent condition (even had the booklet!) This game is fun, but has an element of frustration with it. The limited area (in free fish mose- all I have tried so far) to fish in kinda hampers the game. Once you have exhausted your lure selection- well your stuck. Also the landing of the fish is a bit tedious. I learned to stop reeling once the line hits the 3/4 spot as the tension meter is just to slow to respond. After figuring this out (and following the onscreen rod movement instructions) I was able to land everything under 5 lbs. Over 5 lbs and forget it. The line either breaks or the fish comes off. Graphics are typical Wii (not great, not horrible). If I had paid full price for this I would not have rated more than 3 stars, but seeing as I paid less than 1/3 the price (and got an excellent condion copy) it is a pretty good value for me.
on January 10, 2015
The game is very hard to play. My grandson and I could not case a line, so we could not fish at all. I purchased the game used and it came without instructions. There are not any on screen instructions on how to play the game, but there are options like where to fish, weather conditions and lures. This game is a waste of money. Maybe have been fun if we could figure out how to fish.