Customer Discussions > Sonic Colors - Nintendo Wii forum

Sega to core gamers: Don't bother with Sonic Colors...it's for children

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 13, 2010 11:02:12 AM PDT
GarionOrb says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Aug 25, 2010 5:43:54 AM PDT
N. Lincoln says:
I had no idea they had said this until reading your post. Talk about promotional suicide.

Posted on Aug 26, 2010 5:37:40 PM PDT
This game will be EPIC for all sonic fans!

Posted on Sep 1, 2010 7:12:06 AM PDT
J. Williams says:
Looks like I'll get it for my kids then. They'll love it.

Posted on Sep 20, 2010 1:11:10 PM PDT
Roberto says:
That is THE stupidest thing i've heard in my life, i have littlebigplanet and pre-ordered the second one and this. I B CORE.

Posted on Oct 10, 2010 1:19:48 PM PDT
twztid13 says:
that's ludicrous! it still looks like a great game.

Posted on Oct 12, 2010 7:26:47 AM PDT
Sometimes I wonder about the mental state of the people who create the the things I love. First Nintendo seems determined to go out of their way to make online gaming on the Wii as painful as possible. Wii speak is pretty much dead and now Sega attempts to completely suck all the momentum out of a game many were supporting. This is almost as bad as the president of Toho saying something to the effect of "Godzilla is a stupid kids fantasy". I mean....seriously!?!

Posted on Oct 24, 2010 6:52:45 PM PDT
J. Bernstein says:
It never ceases to amaze me how much people love twisting words, just for the sake of argument. First of all, that quote is taken completely out of context. Iizuka is talking about control schemes, not the overall appeal of the game. And even if we take it out of context, it says "So, it's not really a game for the core gamers." That means NOTHING to the effect of "Core gamers can't enjoy this game, no matter how hard they try." A statement like that can never be made in any situation anyway, because who can tell you what you like? The only answer is you. That's like saying "Oh you like hamburgers? Then don't ever try chicken." It literally makes no sense.

Back to my main point though, all Iizuka is really saying is, the game is targeted at a younger audience, so it is made to appeal to them. That doesn't mean it CAN'T appeal to other audiences. And more specifically, what he's really saying is that the controls are made to be accessible to many people. I honestly can't believe more of you didn't get that. And in case anyone didn't know it, Sonic has always been targeted at kids. If you don't agree with that, show me one Sonic game who's rating says otherwise. Nothing changed. You just grew up. If that made your taste in games change, then fine. But plenty of people still enjoy the games the way they are.

The other thing I have a serious problem with is how many people take someone else's word over their own thoughts. Honestly, if something looks good to you, then at least try it yourself. Come up with your own opinion. If you played the game and liked it, and someone else told you they didn't like it, would you really change your mind based on that? Because that's really sad if so.

Posted on Oct 25, 2010 8:37:18 AM PDT
K. Gray says:
So far there have been two reviews released for this game (NGamer and Nintendo Power). BOTH of them give the game glowing reviews and comment on its good level of increasing difficulty AND its replayability. So everyone just get a grip. One could say about Super Mario Galaxy that it's a game for children, but as an adult I've gotten immense enjoyment out of it. Same with Kirby's Epic Yarn. I'm so annoyed with this 'hardcore gamer' phenomenon that's popped up the past few years or so. In the days of Genesis and SNES this crap didn't exist. Video games are, first and foremost, made for kids (unless you like using pretend machine guns and see fake blood splatter, and consider that the only worthwhile game genre in existence. In which case I feel sorry for you).

Posted on Nov 2, 2010 3:06:22 PM PDT
Primogen says:
This game is for children? It's a sonic game, of COURSE it's going to appeal to children... doesn't mean it can't be a good game. geeze

Posted on Nov 8, 2010 2:30:10 PM PST
Smily Frodo says:
Yay it's for children!!!! I am a child over 18 years of age, it should definitely appeal to me, lol.

Ok seriously, I am a Sonic old time fan, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sonic Heroes being my favorites in the series, Colors does look fun, I just hope it actually is.

Posted on Nov 8, 2010 4:00:31 PM PST
M. Torres says:
It's funny how all the hardcore people who type in leet think they're too tough to play a "kids" game.

This game is getting good reviews by everyone whether the "h@rDc0r3" play it or not.

Posted on Nov 16, 2010 3:48:19 PM PST
That-One-Guy says:
Seriously?
SEGA should be ashamed of themselves...
Sonic 4 is doing well, and Sonic Colors is an incredibly solid game. A fantastic, fun game in fact.
Why would SEGA do something like that?
It's almost as if they WANT the franchise to fail or something...

Posted on Nov 29, 2010 10:34:27 AM PST
This game seems to be briefly out of stock at Amazon even though there was no lightning deal. Looks like Sega hasn't succeeded in discouraging people to buy it.

Posted on Dec 6, 2010 6:10:12 PM PST
Jerrod Alsip says:
As long as the game is Fun :D
PS...I Loved Viva Pinata...That Game was uuber Hardcore :3

Posted on Dec 13, 2010 11:48:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2010 11:59:02 AM PST
Tiffany says:
Your changing his words now, He didn't say nothing like that, or let's say twisting it. Ikzeka was just saying "It mostly appeals to younger adduience." but you can still play it and it can still be a good game. Geez people these days... I feel sorry for the director for he has to deal with Hardcore fans like these, and he was just letting the fans know so you don't have to buy it and be like "This game is BAD." or "This game suck, why can't they bring back the orginal games like what they did to super mario gaxly or Super mario bros wii?"or "Sonic games should just die and stay dead." When all that changed is that you grow up... that's all. Some people just don't want to grow up and that's fine.

I remember when Sonic would take so long to beat (On Sega gensis) it would take till nighttime for me to be the first one and second one. Now these days you can just save at what point you started from and go on from there and yet people complain how hard it was to beat it. Sonic was made for children since Time just like mario. I think that the game is absoutly amazing just with the other games. This game reminded so much like Sonic heroes yet hardcore fans don't like the games that came out with it. The always say Mario is the god" of games but that because the games are in EVERY genre, including Action, sports, games and many others and they say that Sonic should have just died. Well I'm glad they didn't and it is for children.

I still play the classics like Donkey kong, Mario, Kirby, Lengend of Zelda, Super smash bros, and more yet their saying that it all for children and not for the older views? Oh plz people. I'd admit that It was strange to see Sonic in games like the Black Knight and Unleashed some some where they even used a gun(Shadow the hedgehog) But they wanted to try something new and it made some good sales, maybe not like Mario and it still did. Some even complain that it was too short and that they should had made it longer. Pelple complain when it too short or that it too long, make up your mind people. People Even compain that the boss was cheap in this game when if you remember it orginally that how hard Dr.Robnik/Eggman was. 3 hit and then on to the next stage (just like Mario with bowser in Yoshi island) Mario and the others and making good money and so is sonic. Sonic colors was an awesome game and I think SEGA should keep making mor e, for I am happy that Sonic is still ongoing. If you don't like Sonic just don't play it, simple as that. I still love sonic and will keep loving it no matter what and As for sonic color. Awesome job SEGA! Keep it up!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2010 12:23:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 2, 2011 9:07:32 PM PST
No, they just don't like making games without a real gimmick. Put yourself in their place: You don't want to remake the same game over and over, do you? They enjoyed making Black Knight, Unleashed, Heroes and Shadow and etc and all their innovations, but they got unjust hate for it. So they were forced to relent and make this game (and 4). Most of you love it, but some don't and neither does SEGA. They like to put inspiration and new ideas as they've done before. But they can't because their "fan" base is too picky to let them do something new with being negatively biased and say "its nawt sanik" and give it 1-2 stars. This on the other hand is more repetitive (Wisps are nice, but underused) and unlike previous games, has a flimsy story. Sonic can be for adults and kids, but this is more towards really young kids and retro gamers.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  17
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Aug 13, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 13, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Sonic Colors - Nintendo Wii
Sonic Colors - Nintendo Wii by Sega Of America, Inc. (Nintendo Wii)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (186)