5.0 out of 5 stars Second best Sonic game of all time!
Well, Sonic Generations took my personal spotlight for the Best Sonic Game Ever, but Sonic CD is still one of my top favorite Sonic games, and now that there's this remake, everyone will get to see why I love it so much (To come to think of it.....Maybe this remake and Generations get my top spot...).

Sonic CD was released for the notorious Sega CD, an add-on...
Published on August 28, 2012 by Ryan Sil. (Creator of Dynamite...

3.0 out of 5 stars ok app
This app is great but not really for beginners it is a little challenging but its ssssoooooooo fun! Its a must have for sonic fans!
Published 19 months ago by Laura Pennino

5.0 out of 5 stars Second best Sonic game of all time!, August 28, 2012
This review is from: Sonic CD (App)

Sonic CD was released for the notorious Sega CD, an add-on for the Sega Genesis. It was the only game on the add-on to sell around a million copies. But even then, many fans haven't heard of this game. At least it was re-released in Sonic Gems Collection. And now, it's gotten full-time respect with a remake of the game that now includes the Japanese soundtrack AND US soundtrack, Tails, and a whole bunch of achievements! To think just the lone fact that it's portable makes it worth buying.

As for the main game itself, Sonic CD took what made Sonics 1 & 2 so awesome, and multiplied them 10 times over! This game has all the high-speed Sonic action you could ever want. Not only is the platforming action top-notch, but the new levels are better than ever! And they are full of extremely colorful detail. Plus, in the Special Stages, you can navigate Sonic around roads to destroy UFOs to gather Time Stones (Alternate version of Chaos Emeralds basically) in a Mode-7-like view; a unique goal for a Special Stage. This remake in particular manages to also fix some minor collision problems I've experienced in the original. There's also the option to play as Tails (after beating the game as Sonic), who is basically ripped right out of Sonic 3, complete with the ability to fly.

What quickly won me over was the ability to switch between Japanese and American soundtracks of the game. The Japanese soundtrack is EXTREMELY catchy as heck, while the American soundtrack is kinda catchy, but rather is it more atmospheric. Each and every song flows with brilliance, not to mention the rest of the game doing that, too.

Overall, this is one Sonic game you have gotta try! If you like the Genesis Sonics, you will LOVE Sonic CD. It's better than every Sonic game there is, with the exception of Generations. Plus, you can buy this for just a measly $5 bucks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful all around, December 28, 2012
This review is from: Sonic CD (App)
I have always been scared to spend money on my kindle fire but this was worth it. The controls were easy and music was great. It brings back lots of good memories. It took up a little more than 200 megabytes on my kindle. I am always worried about memory usage.

5.0 out of 5 stars I appreciate a repeat of a free game, July 27, 2014
This review is from: Sonic CD (App)
Unlike apparently lots of these other reviewers who are NOT reviewing the game but instead are annoyed that this game was offered free in April of this year, I do not (like many others) check the Free Games every single day. So repeats are GREAT for me and for lots of other folks. This game is a great game to play and is worth being offered several times during the year for Free. Game play is smooth and easy and the game is classic Sonic. what else would you want?

Get the game today if you didn't get it in April and if it becomes free again this year, tell a friend about it. They will be glad you did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great nostagic game!, September 9, 2012
This review is from: Sonic CD (App)
This game is great for people looking for nostalgia. I hadn't played until this, and it's a true classic in my book. 1 problem, loading time. I had to wait overnight to load, and an hour or so after that.

5.0 out of 5 stars cool!, December 27, 2012
This review is from: Sonic CD (App)
This app is very much like playing the actual game. Its fun and engaging. My kids absolutely love to play it !!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sonic CD for Android review, March 20, 2013
This review is from: Sonic CD (App)
The game plays true to the original Sega CD game plus it has some extras thrown in, the only reason I gave it 4 out of 5 stars is the controls on my Android device some times isn't as responsive due to the virtual controller on the touch screen.This causes Sonic to run into things and lose rings from time to time even though I pressed the other way or jump button. I can play the game just fine, but its harder to get all the secrets.
every thing else plays just like the other releases.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Modern Original, July 21, 2012
This review is from: Sonic CD (App)
I have this game for my ipod touch and on Gems Collection for gamecube and its just as awesome here! Glad they brought back an original to modern days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good port., January 23, 2013
This review is from: Sonic CD (App)
I never played Sonic CD growing up, but I have watched many a playthrough and review of the game. This is probably one of the best ports of the game, which is weird saying that a tablet version is better. I can't wait to play through the game myself and enjoy it for the first time.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!!, July 19, 2012
This review is from: Sonic CD (App)
It is the best sonic game I have ever played.For me this is the best sonic game in America !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sonic vs Metal Sonic round 6.0!, August 26, 2012
This review is from: Sonic CD (App)
Sonic CD has returned from 1994! The game RULES!!! Beat the game and got Tails! Woo-Hoo!!! I can fly! (for 30 seconds at a time.)

Sonic CD