5.0 out of 5 stars this app is amazing
I chose 5 out of 5 for this app because it felt complete and i grew up with sonic. I love how you could play as sonic, tails and knuckles
and i dont think you could be knuckles in the original sonic 2 and i dont think anything is wrong with it. overall i would recommend this to anyone and someone who wants to take another trip to childhood
Published 13 months ago by Alex smith

3.0 out of 5 stars soso
The game play with a tablet isn't smooth.good game but difficult to control the movements.I give it a three out of five.
Published 13 months ago by lewistromblyjr

5.0 out of 5 stars this app is amazing, January 20, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kindle HDX game, January 10, 2014
This review is from: Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (App)
Once you get used to the controls, which can be somewhat tailored to your hands, this is just like playing the good ole console version. I find the bonus levels very difficult with this controller, but that's a small price to pay for such a fun game converted to a tablet!

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing... except for two issues., January 6, 2014
This review is from: Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (App)
I loved how this game remastered itself (especially with the Hidden Palace Zone cameo in Mystic Cave). I am also a fan of Christian Whitehead's port of Sonic CD on 360 and PS3, and for the life of me I cannot figure out why it was not released for those other consoles, and not just mobile. And that leads into my second problem: the touch-joystick, at least in this Kindle Fire port, is NOT tilt-sensitive, or doesn't allow you to move slower, but only at mach-speed. Because of this, special stages are nearly impossible and main stages take much more time because jumps fail, and it takes a while for you to collect your bearings because of slippery movements. I love what they did to remaster one of my favorite games of all time, but the control (at least in this version) has to be fixed, or there should be a console rerelease of this game (heck, I'd buy it twice just for better control).

4.0 out of 5 stars Challenging, Classic Platformer by SEGA, Kindle Only, December 27, 2013
Brook (GA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (App)
This is a great game worth $2.99 if you like platformers and plan to play on a Kindle. For me, the reference platformer is Mario Bros, and Sonic moves fast and provides more challenges than Mario. To get everything on the first level is challenging, though you can complete the first level relatively easily.

I docked a star mainly for the Kindle-only release, but also for the lack of some functions available on the Google Play version (e.g., multiplayer).

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Port, December 25, 2013
This review is from: Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (App)
Being an avid retro gamer, I was pleasantly surprised to see this game for free. Getting used to the touch controls.takes no time at all. Also, this port gives you the option of playing as Knuckles. This was only previously possible by attaching the Sonic and Knuckles cartridge to the Sonic 2 cartridge on the Gensis. Overall, it's a faithful port and absolutely worth the download!

4.0 out of 5 stars sonic, March 7, 2014
This review is from: Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (App)
I loved sonic when I was younger and so this made me very pleased that I can buy a it for my kindle. The controls are rather easy to use and very fun to play. Recommended for sonic fans every where

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, February 21, 2014
This review is from: Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (App)
SOOOOOO MUCH FUN! I got this app and it is so worth the money. It's kind of hard at first, but then u get the hang of it. GET THIS APP!

5.0 out of 5 stars Freak'n Amazing Like Always For Sonic Fans Or Ones Who Are Not!!!!!, March 7, 2014
This review is from: Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (App)
I really like how Sega did Sonic The Hedgehog 2!!! They kept it the same like when the Sonic The Hedgehog 2 came out in Sega Genesis, and that's the part I like! And the controls is really good, the music is always exciting, and the characters still look awsome!! I love the video graphics it is dynamic. I remember when they made the Sonic The hedgehog 1 app game. It's good that their operation is still the same!! I love Sonic!!! The best part is, its still fun!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Professionally designed and the graphics and sound track are very good!, December 25, 2013
This review is from: Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (App)
This a a great game on the Kindle Fire. It plays well and is a fast action game. I was glad to see this Sega game as the FAOTD as my grandson loves playing this game. He is much better at it than I am. Running full speed it is hard for me to anticipate what is coming up on a 7 inch Kindle Fire screen so you may have to play some levels several times until you get the game timing correct.

This is a lot of fun to play and getting used to playing it on a tablet was fast and easy. The controls responded quickly and the graphics and sound are well done. The game is professionally designed and plays smoothly and is very enjoyable to play. I like the game a lot and I rated it as a 5 star item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sonic at his best, December 25, 2013
This review is from: Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (App)
This is my favorite sonic game ever, I grew up playing it all the time on the sega genesis, and I'd say that it's a really good port with no problems :)

Sonic The Hedgehog 2