Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on July 21, 2011
If you are in the market for a extended battery for the HTC Thunderbolt, I highly recommend this product. Not only does the battery give excellent life (I get a full day with heavy use and two days with light to moderate use) but your Thunderbolt will still work in 4G mode with this extended battery cover!

Keep in mind that with the HTC Thunderbolt, the antennas are in the rear cover. Poor or no antennas in the rear cover = poor or non-existent 4G coverage. So it is important that you make sure the antennas are present in your rear cover, and that they perform as well as the OEM cover antennas did. I went through a lot of pain with the HTC OEM 2750mah cover which did not give me any 4G coverage. Swapped it out for this Seidio, and the Seidio not only gave me fabulous battery life, but retained the same level of 4G coverage and performance that I had originally.

Bottom line: save yourself a lot of pain. Get this product, it works, and works very well!!
on August 2, 2011
I bought this for my Thunderbolt phone and once you get it charged up it lasts a lONG Time! It's great to know I don't have to worry about charging it for a couple of days! It does add some weight and girth to the phone, and I was concerned at first that it would negatively affect my Carpel Tunnel that I have in both hands but I didn't find that to be the case.
If you are concerned about your battery lasting, get this and you wont have to worry about it any longer!
on July 30, 2011
I previously owned the large replacement battery for my Droid Incredible and I was always happy with it, and this pack for the Thunderbolt is even better. The case is much more stylish and blends perfectly with the phone. My only complaint with the incredible battery was that the case extender was kind of ugly, this one is great, and the battery life has more than doubled on my phone. I don't feel like I have to check it every 15 minutes :p
on August 11, 2011
i had gotten the original htc extended battery, and that one blew me away at how great it was and how long it lasts. i got this as having a backup, just to be on the safe side.

sadly, this one runs down as fast as the stock battery with no power saving apps being used. sure it lasts longer, but it'll drop down from 100% to 95% with no use other than running a 5 minute countdown timer, and by lunchtime at work, it'll be in the mid to low 80s.

the original htc extended battery stayed at 100% until just before lunch (with the same exact usage) and is now at 90% 2 hours later. not to mention, the original one was $17 cheaper. that may not be a lot, but to me, it is.

also, the battery cover door works in covering the battery and housing the antennas, but it kept clicking like it was loose for me, therefore, i'm using the cover that came with the htc battery.
on September 2, 2011
Just follow the instructions for the battery, then say hello to 24 hour battery life.

I am what you might call a power user with my phone. I have many, many apps installed, I use the phone heavily, and yet I am still able to run my phone at full capacity for a comparatively greater number of hours without a charge. If I use my phone a little more lightly (no 3D gaming or other activities that make the processor work harder or constantly keep the screen on) I can go 24 hours or more without charge! No kidding.

When using this battery your cell phone charger may experience trauma due to the sudden and drasticly less frequent use it receives. If it shows signs of feeling neglected and begins to suffer post dramatic stress disorder, seek out the help of an appropriate technician.
on September 4, 2011
The extended-life battery is a must. I had the standard battery in my HTC Thunderbolt for almost 5 months and it was continually be charged all the time. Some say its the 4G that drains the battery life, but I have found it is the display that drains the life of the battery. Anyway with heavy use of the phone in using Google maps and navigation, checking emails, surfing the web, and of course playing Angry Birds, my phone lasted the whole day with some juice to spare. On an average day for me, I usually charged it every other day, which is far better than every six to eight hours with the standard battery with average use.
Sure the extended-life battery makes the phone bulkier. But the payoff is having lasting juice which far out weights its bulkiness. Plus I kinda like the extra mass. I can grip the phone better.
on January 19, 2012
Awesome battery. Read on for crucial life or death battery "break-in" instructions.

1. Charge the brand new battery on the charger for at least 11 hours. Do not, at all costs, interrupt charging, even for a millisecond.
2. Unplug the charger and use the phone until the battery is completely dead. Do not, at all costs, charge the battery at any time until it is completely dead and the phone turns off by itself.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 six times.
4. You're good to go! Its best to always charge the battery fully and then drain it completely, but its, well, okay, to do partial charges at this point.

If you don't take my advice, you can only blame yourself for poor batter life.

From the packaging...
"Innocell Battery Instruction: Prior to using your new extended battery, please allow 8 hours for initial charge time. Performance will increase after 5-6 full charges. In order to obtain the full capacity of your Seidio battery, we highly recommend that you leave the battery or your phone on the charger for an additional 2-3 hours after the charging indicator turns green or the battery status shows full."

REVIEW OF DAY 1:
7:00am - Unplugged from wall after 12 hour charge
6:45pm - Notification of 15% battery life remaining
7:55pm - Shutting off due to dying battery
Note that I had my 4G on all day, my GPS on for an hour or so, and the phone has been sitting on my desk for the last four hours at full brightness with the display setting set to "never turn off."
on July 18, 2012
After a while, my HTC Thunderbolt's battery would only last about six hours. Desperate for a longer battery life I searched Amazon for a better battery. Two things tipped me in favor of this battery: 1) one of the other reviewers mentioned the antenna built into the case which this one has, and 2) I have used Seidio batteries before and they have worked.

This one works great! I didn't lose signal strength from a poorly designed case and the battery lasts throughout the day.

I highly recommend this double life battery! (Although I guess you have to define what double life is -- this gets me through 24 hours of heavy use and that is all I wanted.)
on September 11, 2011
If you have a Thunderbolt, you need this battery. I've gone from having to worry about charging every three to four hours, to unplugging in the a.m. and not worrying about it all day. Yesterday, I unplugged at 0800 and ran the phone until 1130 pm, and still had a third of a battery left. This included heavy app use, and games as well. The battery does add a little thickness, but it's a huge phone anyway, so an 1/8th of an inch makes no difference.
on November 19, 2011
Pros: Excellent battery life
Cons: Faulty backdoor cover = loss of 4G network.

I've had this product for about a week now and I still can't stop gawking at how awesome the battery life is. I'm a fairly heavy user with emails, web browsing, and netflix to fill in the less stellar moments of my day and I only have to worry about charging at the end of my night. Needless to say, I'm very pleased.

The battery however, does add bulk and heftiness to your phone. Personally, I don't like it all too much since I have the habit of stuffing my phone into my pocket but I'm willing to compromise.

Now comes the part of the product which annoys me: the backdoor cover. Sure, it has the prongs for the cellular antennas for 4G, however I find that I still lose precious 4G coverage ... always. Even with 3G, it's not a guarantee that I have a steady hold on the network. My bars fluctuate frequently and call clarity just hasn't been the same. I've never experienced any of these problems with the stock battery door.

From the mixed reviews of others who have purchased this product, it seems like a luck of the draw if you were given a truly compatible back door vs. a faulty one.