5.0 out of 5 stars Great battery and 4G works the way it is supposed to!
If you are in the market for a extended battery for the HTC Thunderbolt, I highly recommend this product. Not only does the battery give excellent life (I get a full day with heavy use and two days with light to moderate use) but your Thunderbolt will still work in 4G mode with this extended battery cover!

Keep in mind that with the HTC Thunderbolt, the...
Published on July 21, 2011 by Stiletto

2.0 out of 5 stars not as good as the htc extended battery
i had gotten the original htc extended battery, and that one blew me away at how great it was and how long it lasts. i got this as having a backup, just to be on the safe side.

Published on August 11, 2011 by ohcanada26

5.0 out of 5 stars Great battery and 4G works the way it is supposed to!, July 21, 2011
This review is from: Seidio BACY32HTMEC-BK Innocell 3200mAh Extended-Life Battery for HTC ThunderBolt (Black) (Wireless Phone Accessory)

Keep in mind that with the HTC Thunderbolt, the antennas are in the rear cover. Poor or no antennas in the rear cover = poor or non-existent 4G coverage. So it is important that you make sure the antennas are present in your rear cover, and that they perform as well as the OEM cover antennas did. I went through a lot of pain with the HTC OEM 2750mah cover which did not give me any 4G coverage. Swapped it out for this Seidio, and the Seidio not only gave me fabulous battery life, but retained the same level of 4G coverage and performance that I had originally.

Bottom line: save yourself a lot of pain. Get this product, it works, and works very well!!

5.0 out of 5 stars You can really count on Seido batteries., July 30, 2011
I previously owned the large replacement battery for my Droid Incredible and I was always happy with it, and this pack for the Thunderbolt is even better. The case is much more stylish and blends perfectly with the phone. My only complaint with the incredible battery was that the case extender was kind of ugly, this one is great, and the battery life has more than doubled on my phone. I don't feel like I have to check it every 15 minutes :p

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Battery and long lasting, August 2, 2011
I bought this for my Thunderbolt phone and once you get it charged up it lasts a lONG Time! It's great to know I don't have to worry about charging it for a couple of days! It does add some weight and girth to the phone, and I was concerned at first that it would negatively affect my Carpel Tunnel that I have in both hands but I didn't find that to be the case.
If you are concerned about your battery lasting, get this and you wont have to worry about it any longer!

2.0 out of 5 stars not as good as the htc extended battery, August 11, 2011

sadly, this one runs down as fast as the stock battery with no power saving apps being used. sure it lasts longer, but it'll drop down from 100% to 95% with no use other than running a 5 minute countdown timer, and by lunchtime at work, it'll be in the mid to low 80s.

the original htc extended battery stayed at 100% until just before lunch (with the same exact usage) and is now at 90% 2 hours later. not to mention, the original one was $17 cheaper. that may not be a lot, but to me, it is.

also, the battery cover door works in covering the battery and housing the antennas, but it kept clicking like it was loose for me, therefore, i'm using the cover that came with the htc battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best buy for Thunderbolt!, September 11, 2011
If you have a Thunderbolt, you need this battery. I've gone from having to worry about charging every three to four hours, to unplugging in the a.m. and not worrying about it all day. Yesterday, I unplugged at 0800 and ran the phone until 1130 pm, and still had a third of a battery left. This included heavy app use, and games as well. The battery does add a little thickness, but it's a huge phone anyway, so an 1/8th of an inch makes no difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Upgrade, Two thumbs up!!, September 4, 2011
The extended-life battery is a must. I had the standard battery in my HTC Thunderbolt for almost 5 months and it was continually be charged all the time. Some say its the 4G that drains the battery life, but I have found it is the display that drains the life of the battery. Anyway with heavy use of the phone in using Google maps and navigation, checking emails, surfing the web, and of course playing Angry Birds, my phone lasted the whole day with some juice to spare. On an average day for me, I usually charged it every other day, which is far better than every six to eight hours with the standard battery with average use.
Sure the extended-life battery makes the phone bulkier. But the payoff is having lasting juice which far out weights its bulkiness. Plus I kinda like the extra mass. I can grip the phone better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Your cell phone charger might suffer withdrawal, September 2, 2011
Just follow the instructions for the battery, then say hello to 24 hour battery life.

I am what you might call a power user with my phone. I have many, many apps installed, I use the phone heavily, and yet I am still able to run my phone at full capacity for a comparatively greater number of hours without a charge. If I use my phone a little more lightly (no 3D gaming or other activities that make the processor work harder or constantly keep the screen on) I can go 24 hours or more without charge! No kidding.

When using this battery your cell phone charger may experience trauma due to the sudden and drasticly less frequent use it receives. If it shows signs of feeling neglected and begins to suffer post dramatic stress disorder, seek out the help of an appropriate technician.

5.0 out of 5 stars really does double battery life, July 18, 2012
After a while, my HTC Thunderbolt's battery would only last about six hours. Desperate for a longer battery life I searched Amazon for a better battery. Two things tipped me in favor of this battery: 1) one of the other reviewers mentioned the antenna built into the case which this one has, and 2) I have used Seidio batteries before and they have worked.

This one works great! I didn't lose signal strength from a poorly designed case and the battery lasts throughout the day.

I highly recommend this double life battery! (Although I guess you have to define what double life is -- this gets me through 24 hours of heavy use and that is all I wanted.)

5.0 out of 5 stars I get extended battery life, AND I can still connect to the 4G network, May 11, 2012
T-Man (Philadelphia) - See all my reviews
Fellow HTC Thunderbolt users.

Get this battery. It lasts long and doesn't interfere with the 4g network. Case closed. I can go for almost 3 days without charging this sucker.

5.0 out of 5 stars This battery fixes the only flaw with this phone, March 10, 2012
My only complaint with my HTC Thunderbolt phone was the battery life, especially in a 4G environment. This extended battery solved that problem. I have had my extended battery for about 6 months now and it is wonderful to be able to use any functions, apps and even play games and know that I will still have enough battery left to get through the day. If you are looking to be able to go over 24 hours with heavy usage or 2-3 days of moderate usage before having to find a charger, this is the battery you need. The only tips you need to know are these... (1) be sure you are ordering a replacement battery door that has the 4G antennas on it (which this one does) and (2) be sure to follow the instructions on the initial charge. Charge the battery fully, then leave it on the charger for 4-5 more hours that first time and you will be very pleased with the performance of this product and its effect on changing your Thunderbolt from "a phone you like" to "a phone you love." Seidio BACY32HTMEC-BK Innocell 3200mAh Extended-Life Battery for HTC ThunderBolt (Black)