5.0 out of 5 stars Power to Spare
I love my new HTC Incredible smartphone, but was not crazy about how I had to be careful about power management all the time. Turn this off, that off, remember to turn them on. A couple weeks ago, I went on a hike with the My Tracks GPS pathing software running and within a couple hours was down to about half capacity.

Last week, the Innocell arrived. As...
Published on July 26, 2010 by BeccaM

1.0 out of 5 stars Tried two batteries, and neither one worked
I was very excited about this product because of the great reviews. However, I tried two different batteries and neither worked. Here's what I did:

1. Read the reviews and got really excited about this battery--I even splurged for 1-day shipping
Published on October 22, 2010 by John Borwick

5.0 out of 5 stars Power to Spare, July 26, 2010
This review is from: Seidio Innocell 3500 mAh Extended-Life Battery for HTC DROID Incredible - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)

Last week, the Innocell arrived. As other commenters have noted, adding this battery to your phone definitely adds to the heft and bulk. On the other hand, this can be a good thing. With the camera lens set back and more case to grip, I've stopped photographing my left forefinger. I also think the lens is better protected from scratches, too.

As for the replacement back cover, it feels exactly the same as the OEM one, as far as materials go -- no sense this is a cheaper cover or not meant to belong on the phone. It snapped in as securely as the original and has the same matte non-slip feel to it.

Using the JuicePlotter app, I've noticed no abnormal heating of the battery when charging or using it.

The instructions recommend several charge cycles before the battery achieves maximum efficiency, but I'm only getting around to doing that now -- and have discovered this thing just won't quit. I have left WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, G3 and synchronization all turned on, have been using the phone normally, made a few calls, went on another 4 hour tracked hike, watched a few YouTube vids, showed off Google Maps at a friend's house over dinner (an hour or two of heavy GPS-ing and mapping demo-mode), did some browsing, monitored the local weather... I took it off the charger last Thursday morning. It's now Monday evening and I still have 16% charge left. That's nearly four and a half DAYS, without even conditioning the battery or making the least attempt to conserve power.

I'm very happy with this battery.

On update, 8/1/10: The 4 1/2 day capacity for me wasn't a fluke. Second go, I took the phone off the charger the morning of July 27th, used it normally the next few days including a GPS tracked hike. WiFi, GPS, and Bluetooth all left on, screen brightness on automatic. The phone didn't pester me to put it back on the charger until late last night, July 31st.

2nd update: 8/6/10: More than five days since last charge, 30% capacity left.

3rd update: 8/22/10: Deliberately exercising this battery the last few weeks, the most I've gotten out of this battery has been 7 days, until it started beeping for the charger; at that point it was around 12% by time I heard it. On a couple heavy-use cycles (lots of talking, GPS tracked hiking, on-highway navigation, photography, non-G3 coverage areas, extra data usage, YouTube viewing and web-surfing while bored in a waiting room, that sort of thing), I have yet to go less than 3 1/2 days. Average for me has been around 5 1/2 days between charges.

4th update: 11/15/10: It's been nearly four months since I got this battery and it's still running like a champ. Most of the time, I go about 3-4 days between charges, not because the phone is out, but just because it's convenient. I continue to be very, very happy I bought this battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of Mind, July 21, 2010
Yes it will make your phone bulkier. Yes it will make your phone heavier. And yes it might take time to get use to the size increase. But... it is still worth it!

As you know, the stock battery for this phone is not good. There would be days where the battery wouldn't even last for 12 hours. I heard about this Seidio battery and I debated and debated about whether I want the extra bulk or not. I finally decided to order it and I have no regrets. Even with heavy usage, this battery will last 2-3 days before needing a charge. It's such a relief not having to worry about conserving battery. Afterall, we all bought this phone to use it's awesome features, right? So why spend the day fearing that the battery will die before you get home from work or school or road trips? I now can confidently use GPS, navigation, bluetooth, 3G, etc...

Oh, and I actually like the extra bulk in the back because I can also grip the phone better. The higher ridge in back is pretty comfortable for my hands. Another good thing about the bulk is that now when I set the phone down on its back, the camera lens is NOT laying against the surface anymore. With this bigger Seidio battery cover, the camera lens is actually protected and won't be touching against any surfaces like it used to do with the stock battery cover.

In conclusion, I've had this battery for about a week now and I'm certainly glad I bought it, and would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to use their phone with extra peace of mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Purchase, July 24, 2010
I just got this battery two days ago. After charging it over night, I used it very heavily throughout the day yesterday from 9am-12:30am, more than 15 hours of heavy usage with wifi, 3g, video, web browsing, texting, and more, and I ended up with more than 50% of the battery left over by the time I went to sleep. I decided to shut the phone off over night and leave it off the charger to see how it would do today. I turned the phone on when I woke up this morning, and with less usage than yesterday, but still occasional browsing, texting, and wifi/3g turned on, it still has above 40% juice. I honestly think I could make it more than a week with this battery if I needed to, it has unbelievable capacity, and it will only improve over the next few days.

As for the new back, it is slightly bulkier, but this is really only a slight problem when the phone is in your pocket. When holding the device, it is much more comfortable than before. The ridges of the new back cover conform well to your fingers when holding it, and gives a little more to grip on to, all while resting comfortably in your palm. The back also gives the phone a cool new look from behind, and better characterizes the phone as a "droid."

The camera lens is now protected which is a huge plus because the previously exposed lens was starting to get scratched when I placed it on a surface, an issue which I no longer need to worry about. Both LED flashes are well encapsulated, with only the bulbs themselves exposed (something I couldn't tell for sure from pictures that came as a relief when the package came).

The new back also fits well on the phone, and snaps right into place without issue. The hole for headphone jack (which was encased with metal on the old back) is now only surrounded by a cut-out in the material (no metal). However, headphones still fit well into the jack and connect. I actually found that this new design without the metal greatly improved the reception of the FM radio, a feature of the phone that I was previously having issues with. The FM radio app went from useless and unused to an app that I can now use.

I also found that, if leaned on its side, the phone is supported by the back. With only a little assistance from nearly any object when placed behind the phone (in order to keep it from falling over), the new Seidio back sets up the phone in prime position for viewing the screen, which could become very handy for video streaming and watching, an option has now become possible without worry thanks to the amazing new battery life! a 2-in-1 deal.

Even without the new powerful battery, I would prefer the new back because of all the great features and improvements it has. The only very slight issue with this product is the boxy design and extra thickness, but it really is a very slight issue, and is made up for by the protection and convenience it gives you. The battery under the hood is a beast and will allow you to bring out all the great features in the phone without worrying about it dying.

Seidio has done a wonderful job here. Awesome product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extended Life, August 5, 2010
I purchased this extended battery after upgrading initially to the 1750mAh Seidio. As everybody is most likely aware, these new smartphones are very power hungry, and one either has to manage power consumption carefully, or make a larger 'pool of power' available.

With the 1750mAh, I was able to get through the day with 'restrained' use of 3G and GPS. I basically had to turn GPS and Bluetooth off, unless I needed the functionality, and used WiFi whenever in range of ANY hotspots, instead of using the power-draining 3G service. While in the office, I typically would 'tether' the device via USB to my PC. Usage overall was light-to-moderate: some phone calls, light Web browsing, light-moderate social networks perusal (friendstream, Seesmic, Google Buzz, etc), Trapster (before heading into and out of work), Yelp/Places/Goby usage to find places to go at lunch (and after work), Handcent SMS, Google maps, and, in the car (connected to 12V) as my primary navigation tool. Used like this, I typically made it through the day with 15-20% battery left at bed time. I recharged nightly, power OFF.

Once I got the 3500mAh, my usage in and of itself has not changed, but I am not tightly managing GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi, and 3G any more (i.e. leave all, but Bluetooth [still only turn it on when i need it], on all the time). I also do not have to 'tether' during the day - I still hook up to 12V while 'navigating' in the car. Even without managing the power hog services, I now make it through the day with never less than 45-50% battery left; I still recharge nightly, power OFF.

As far as the added bulk and weight of the bigger battery is concerned, it really hasn't bothered me at all. I use a 'generic' hip holster, which has elastic on the sides, fitting the thicker phone with no issues. Holding the phone while talking is not a problem, in fact the added ridge - to me - seems to provide nicer grip ergonomics than OEM; in the car, the Incredible is in a suction cup mount, which holds the phone nicely (with and without extended battery), and I use a Plantronics Bluetooth ear piece, so the weight and bulk don't play a factor here either.

In summary, if you're tired of having to manage (i.e. "turn off") the 'goodies' on your phone to make the battery last through the day (like I did), the 3500mAh extended battery is definitely worth it. For me at least, no real negatives to report after a coup,e of weeks of daily use.

5.0 out of 5 stars SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN THIS SOONER!!! AWESOME!!!, August 12, 2010
This product is totally worth it. I purchased this on August 9, 2010 and received it August 10, 2010. Firstly, it came half charged and that was a plus. It was delivered around 12:30 that afternoon and I charged it fully before I left work at 5:30. I take a bus home which is about an hour ride and at first I put on Real Rhapsody but decided to play music from my SD Card and play a few games. I kept checking it to see if it started decreasing like the old battery and boy was I shocked that after an hour, it hadn't moved.

Well, I had some company surprise me when I got home and I totally forgot to turn off the phone so, needless to say, it played all night long and I didn't get a chance to Task Kill either. So when I picked up my bag at 7:45 the next morning, I heard music playing through my headphones and realized that it was still going from the evening before. Now I am really upset because I definitely don't have time to charge it for my ride to work on Wednesday AM. Lo and behold, I looked at the battery life and it was at the half way point. Right then and there I realized that I made a great purchase.

I've had my Droid Incredible for about 4 months now and I wish that I had gotten this battery sooner. I hear complaints about the battery size but honestly I don't think it is that big of a deal. It's way better than being tethered to an outlet. Also, I mainly use my Incredible now for picture taking eliminating the need to carry my huge Sony camera everywhere and I can't wait to see how long the battery lasts while picture taking and video recording all day. Good Job Seido!!! Keep making great products like this and you have a customer for life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as thick as you might think.., August 2, 2010
I held off from these type of batteries for a while and was using the 1750mah. It was better than the stock battery but not by much. This 3500mah is well worth the price and compromise. Like most people, I thought this battery would make my phone really thick. It really doesn't. Yes, it is thicker obviously but not as thick as you might think from the pictures. It fits well in your hands. I did have to sacrifice my hard molded case. But with a phone like this I need a battery like this. Cell phone manufacturers have to understand, if you are going to make cool technology like this in a mobile device, it should be able to go along with you all day long. The 1ghz processor, wifi, gps, and all of the widgets are a very cool feature. But it's not very cool when you're on on the go and feel hesitant to use these features because of the poor battery life. You may not be able to get to a charger all day so you may not browse the web when sitting around bored just to conserve battery life. If you use the GPS for a long trip without a car charger you simply are going to be dead. BUT not with this battery.

The phone will fit in most, "pouch," cases for the HTC incredible. Because those cases can stretch a little and as I stated before, this battery really doesn't make the phone that much thicker. They stuck to the original design of the back cover so it doesn't have that, "brick," look to it. I have two of them. Although I really probably only need one, I like to have a spare incase of an extreme travel condition. I rotate them each everyday to make sure they both get avid use.

I also bought the external battery charger. This allows you to charge your spare battery(s) without it being in your phone. So, if you are rotating them like I do or you just put the other in and the other is dead and you will need it by the end of the day, you can charge it up. The charger also will charge your phone at the same time as it does the spare battery. It will also work with my car charger which has a USB port on it.

With the regular battery or the 1750 extended battery there was noway I could get through an entire day of heavy use without charging. I had to have extended batteries. With this battery, it is entirely possible to get through an entire day or even two without charging. That's with heavy use. Most users might find themselves going a week without charging this thing.

Simply amazing and what the phone should have came with in the first place. If HTC would have designed the phone for a battery like this they could have made it go in further and actually not made it thick at all. Think about their sales if they were running in their ads, "Our Android device can last you up to a week without a charge." Most people would go for the HTC over the Motorola.

5 stars all the way.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tried two batteries, and neither one worked, October 22, 2010

2. Received the battery, turned off my phone entirely, took off the old cover and battery and put in the Seidio 3500 mAh + bigger cover. Left the battery to charge overnight (via the phone).
3. Woke up the next morning, unplugged the phone, and hit the power button. Expected results: phone turns on. Actual results: phone did not turn on.
4. Tried a couple of troubleshooting things such as reading Seidio's web site, searching for issues with charging this battery, and tried to turn the phone on while plugged in with the battery. Nothing inspired confidence, and FWIW I saw a couple of search results suggesting that the HTC Incredible's power source is not powerful enough to charge this battery.
5. Contacted Seidio support, which told me I would need to go through their RMA process. Decided this could be a boondoggle
5. Went through Amazon to get a replacement battery, where they shipped me a replacement immediately. Excellent service on Amazon's part and they even gave me 1-day shipping again.
6. Went through the whole cycle again--powered off the phone, put in the battery and case, let it charge overnight. For two different nights. One time the phone did turn on for like 1 second (yay!) and then cut itself off (boo)
7. Decided to return the second battery and just get a refund. I will probably try HTC's extended battery instead. :-/

1.0 out of 5 stars DONT BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, January 30, 2011
Guys, seriously, do NOT buy this battery!

Most people who review this positively probably do so right when they get the battery, while the 1 star reviews are people who have had this thing for a month or two!

I got this battery in the beginning of December, and at first, it was epic! My battery would last two or even three days, like most reviewers here claim.

But in the last week or two, I have noticed the battery drained faster than usual.

So I did an experiment, testing the 3500mAh Seidio extended battery to my stock HTC 1300mAh battery. The results? My Seidio extended battery drained about 2X faster than the HTC 1300mAh battery!

That's after just TWO MONTHS of REGULAR use!

Don't believe me? Buy this battery, then wait two months.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3500 is a must have if you have poor battery life!, July 24, 2010
Yesterday was my first day using the 3500 battery. Before this battery I would get 2-5 hours of battery life depending on usage. It was awful! I almost gave up and got a different phone. With my new 3500, I made it completely through the day without charging. I had minimal use at first, and increased as the day went on. Now I can actually use all the cool things on the phone! What's the good of having these apps if you can't use them?

As for size, it is bigger. I agree that it is easier to hold though, and that it protects the lens for the camera. I am eager for the silicone cover to come out. I miss the secure grip it offers.

Over all, I give the 3500 2 big thumbs up! If you have struggled with poor battery life, this is the one for you! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, August 4, 2010
Like most others, I bought the Incredible for its wide range of features. Personally, I don't see the point in springing for a device so expensive and powerful without the intention to get the most out of it. In my case, the stock battery didn't even come close to lasting a day. This product is well worth the money and does what it's supposed to. I get at least one full day with very heavy use, and sometimes much more if I scale back the use. It's great not to have to worry about finding an outlet everywhere to charge, and lets me take advantage of everything the phone can do. Some people are saying they wish the battery was smaller; it's unrealistic to think a battery that does twice the work of the stock can be similar in size. That said, Seidio did a good job in the new casing and it does still look and feel fine. Seidio just came out with a new case for this battery today, so I'll be buying that as well. I'm happy to pay for their products as long as they continue to live up to/exceed my expectations like this one.

Rate and Discover Movies