5.0 out of 5 stars Nice 32" budget LCD - but light on documentation, May 9, 2011
I bought this from a local (to me) electronics retailer. I've had it up and running for about a week as a bedroom TV and it's working great. I currently own a decent 46" and a 50" plasma, and a budget 26" LCD for comparison. This TV compares well picture and features-wise with the better sets in this size range, ignoring price. It's much better than anything else I've seen in this price range, regardless of size. The picture can be set nice and bright, the screen has an anti-glare sheet that isn't overpowering or affects the viewing angle noticeably. Sound levels are plenty for a bedroom, I've heard it can be weak but mine is fine for normal viewing at around 25% max.

That being said, the manual that came with it doesn't cover nearly everything, but if you can poke around in all the settings via the remote you can control fine picture settings. One nice thing it came with was a cover for the space in the set left when you remove the "stem" protruding from the bottom which is for the flat base (when wall mounting). Of note - there is no mention of how to remove the stem, but there are 5 screws which need to be removed from the back of the set, all near the bottom of the TV. You will need a fairly long and skinny screwdriver to get out a couple of them.

I mounted on the wall using the VideoSecu Low Profile Ultra Slim TV Wall Mount for 26-46" LCD LED Plasma Flat Panel Screen Display MP145B A11 purchased here at Amazon. Of note is that among the 6-8 different size screws that come with this mount, none fit this particular set. I had some that worked on hand, and easy to get at a hardware store, but just FYI if you are after a mount. I didn't use the rubber "spacers" that came with the mount to offset the TV from the wall, not needed since this set has all inputs pointing down which is perfect for wall mounting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, December 14, 2011
This review is from: Seiki LC-32B56 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV - Black (Electronics)
Since I have gotten this tv, I have been nothing but satisfied. It is a 720p tv, so don't expect 1080p, but it can produce 1080i. If you have an HD gaming console (PS3, Xbox 360), it CAN produce 1080p for gaming purposes. I have it set up in a small room, and the sound is great. The set up instructions are not clear at all, it's just a series of pictures that don't show much. Once you get the hang of the setup, it is fine. I had never heard of this brand, but after having this product, I will now recommend not only this product, but the brand also. Great tv for a great price!

4.0 out of 5 stars gets their engineers together and puts together inexpensive TVs like this one, July 9, 2014
LarryLMedina (Mililani, Hawaii) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiki LC-32B56 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV - Black (Electronics)
I inherited this TV from my sis in June 2014, who got it new as door prize a few years back. So I will give my thoughts on a three y/o TV which was used almost daily a few hours every evening (until I got it).

I did some research and Seiki, a Chinese electronics conglomerate, gets their engineers together and puts together inexpensive TVs like this one. They outsource parts from LG and Samsung, respectively, including most of the electronics (LG) and the the LCD which comes from Samsung. Its styling is generic and could pass for either aformentioned better-established brands.

If you leave the TV on its stock settings, it's pretty ho-hum. I jacked up the color and brightness to 100%, which results in nicely saturated colors; while keeping the contrast at 40% which results in nice deep blacks. The TV has built-in surround sound (made by Yamaha); jacking the treble up to 100% makes the sound nice and bright, but when the bass is jacked to 100%, the speakers just can't handle it. Keep the bass to around 70% to prevent the speakers from breaking up.

The TV displays at 720p, and at 32", detail comes through nicely as on a larger, 1080p set. BD movies off my Sony player and connected via HDMI look impressive and with the Disney nature series of BD's, some passages look almost 3D (and this is without 3D glasses).

NOW THE BAD STUFF. Oh yeah. After a few years of use, the entire back of the set is wet... damp - with some brownish slightly sticky fluid forming in drops around the heat vents and actually dripping out of the TV's bezel. I have read about this happening to LCD TVs in general (not just Seiki) and some have attributed this to the adhesive that holds the bezel in place, or a leaking capacitor, or a leaking power supply. Yikes. Is this stuff cancerous?

Now as far as I can tell, the TV is working just dandy. I will use it til it breaks or smokes/catches fire. Yes I know I am running a risk since I don't have renter's insurance. But I got the set free, as did my sister, so what the heck, right?