4.0 out of 5 stars Works well

3.0 out of 5 stars Got it for $199 from amazon
Published 20 months ago by JAB

3.0 out of 5 stars Got it for $199 from amazon, November 14, 2012
JAB (Nashville) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiki LC-32G82 32-Inch 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV (Black) (Electronics)
Was looking for a 1080p 32" to replace an Olevia 720p set that was being moved to a different room. Didn't want to spend a fortune and was just kind of window shopping when I stumbled upon this set from amazon for $199. They have since sold out and other merchants are selling the set for $316. I was hesitant because I had never heard of Seiki but then I had never heard of Samsung either when I bought my first 13" Sammy in 1983. My first impression was that it was better than some as far as construction, but worse than others. A somewhat flimsy plastic base with a metal reinforcement in the center that actually supports the set. This really didn't bother me because the quality of the picture and features/inputs is what I really want. The rear panel connections are numerous with 3 hdmi, 2 component, 2 composite and 1 VGA. There is also a side mounted composite input. The picture was initially very disappointing. I hooked up my TIVO HD to one of the component inputs and thought there was something wrong with the set. Factory settings were no where near where they should be. I had to jack the contrast considerably, lower the brightness, increase color saturation and sharpness. Once I got it tweaked in, I was pleased. It still wasn't as bright as my Olevia but is was close and perfectly acceptable. The menus are very user friendly with most of the features that I look for present. The remote is nice and buttons easy to find. In all, it is well worth $199. I feel I got a deal but I probably would have chosen another brand at the $316 price point.

1.0 out of 5 stars A TV with Serious Problems, December 4, 2012
I purchased this TV on September 1st and received it very quickly on September 5th. I picked this TV mainly because of the price and the 1080P. However, it has been a nightmare ever since. I really tried to make this TV work. I knew it had a tuner problem but kept trying to get it to set up the channels. It would get stuck in the start-up menu over and over again. It would not tune in all available channels. I found out it was too late to get a refund from Amazon so I was forced to try to solve the problem with the manufacturer, Seiki. I even downloaded a firmware update on my computer and installed it from a USB Drive. This was unsuccessful. To make a long story short, I have called Seiki many many times. I finally mailed the TV back to Seiki which cost me $62.64 for UPS shipping. It was shipped on 10/19/12 to Seiki. They said that they would send a replacement TV when they received it. It is now 12/4/12. The people at Seiki cannot tell me when my replacement TV will be shipped. I think this clearly shows a huge problem at Seiki! The end result is Amazon has my money, Seiki has my TV, and I have nothing! I would give this TV zero stars if I could. Please do not buy this TV!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, May 14, 2013
Jordan E (Minnesota, USA) - See all my reviews
Bought this TV roughly eight months ago for $200 here on Amazon. Said it would ship in 2-3 weeks, and I got it in a week and a half, which was nice getting it sooner than anticipated. It came in the display box rather than a shipping container of sorts, which I guess is fine since it had decent packing inside of it. Corners were a bit beaten up on the box, which I suppose would be UPS' doing rather than the manufacturer, but the TV itself had nothing wrong with it at all.

Now, for the television itself. The picture is good, a full 1080p for inputs that offer it, and scales down properly for those that don't. It has plenty of input jacks for different gaming platforms, bluray/DVD players, etc. The USB input that it has is only for servicing, so you won't be able to hook up an iPod or similar device. The default display settings (brightness, contrast, etc) I didn't care for, but it does have a few different pre-programmed settings as well as a saved User Setting that can be changed and easily switched between. The initial channel set up takes generally 5-10 minutes. If you have your cable directly plugged into it rather than through a cable box, changing the channels can be somewhat slow and if you land on a channel you don't have, it'll take a rather long time and the TV will delete it for future reference. The base that it comes with is decent, though make sure you have the screws tight as it will be rather wobbly if you don't.

Currently, I have a PS3 hooked up to it, and games and HD movies look really good on it. I have it in my bedroom, which is a decent size, but the sound is good for my needs. I have a headset I use for gaming, so I can't really comment too much on that end. Convenience Concepts 131020 3-Tier TV Stand for Flat Panel TV's up to 32-Inch or 80-Pound, Black is the stand I bought to go with it, and it looks good together.

Overall, it's pretty much everything I expected for a television in its price range. Nothing real high end, but works good for a bedroom/ small apartment setting for people that don't want to spend a whole lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for the money., June 5, 2013
At 1080, it is a lot of bag for the buck. Picture and sound are great. Am also using this for my desktop computer monitor and find that it does just fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seiki LC-32G82 32 Inch, November 14, 2012
I purchased the Seiki LC-32 inch because of the price point. At $199.99, I feel it was an incredible value and I didn't need to get caught up in the Black Friday melee to purchase at this price. The TV quality is good enough, installation was a breeze, and I am pleased. Granted, I would have appreciated a 120Hz, but the 60Hz works just fine for watching the NFL. THe picture is clear and the colors are brillant. I believe it was a good buy. Try.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed.., May 30, 2013
I'm TICKED...This was purchased as a birthday gift, and specifically chose this LCD TV for the "fact" it had an svideo connection. Before the "HD" craze, I wired my house for svideo...amplifiers and converters to accommodate any television in a given room. True, I needed to invest in converters to upscale or downscale the image, but I have a pretty reliable system. The point here was that the necessary hardware was integrated into this unit..YES! One less converter...NO! The unit doesn't have the svideo connection. I clearly checked the box for model number and came back to my computer and this ad which clearly states and shows an svideo connection. The last thing my wife wanted to see was to give me another project for what was supposed to be a well thought out gift. I feel I am at least owed something; the damn converter is another hundred. So much for plug and play here..

2.0 out of 5 stars Item description was wrong, April 26, 2014
This TV claims to have 2 component and 2 composite inputs. (none are specified as shared or hybrid). The TV set arrived and it only has 1 component and 1 composite (not shared). I returned the TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Monitor!, December 31, 2013
I purchased this as a monitor and back up TV in my office. I may never use it a s a TV. Works great and and the picture quality is phenomenal. The price was perfect!

Thanks!

1.0 out of 5 stars CHEAP BUILD QUALITY - NOT WORTH IT!, December 3, 2013
While the TV has a nice picture/contrast, the build quality of the internal boards/electronics leaves much to be desired. Bought this unit (from another retailer) and it lasted about a year with moderate daily use. Now, No power, no lights, no anything. After doing a few searches, seems this is more than common problem with this model. I have NEVER had a TV that only lasted a year! Now with LED sets and prices coming down (especially during the holiday season(s)), spend the few extra $$$ and get a name brand with a warranty. I will probably order replacement boards, however, after that cost, I could practically buy a new set. I suspect that the replacement parts will leave me with the same issue in short order, so this may be headed for the recycle center. Arrrgghhh!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice picture, August 18, 2013
The picture on this display is excellent and I haven't noticed a single dead pixel. Haven't had any of the problems other people talked about. Picked this up when it was 170 and don't regret it a bit.

Seiki LC-32G82 32-Inch 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV (Black)
$319.99 $250.52