5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko Clock
Published on July 2, 2009 by oldcrow

3.0 out of 5 stars annoying alarm
Published on January 4, 2011 by diehardfan

5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko Clock, July 2, 2009
This review is from: Seiko Bedside Alarm Clock Silver-Tone Metallic Case (Watch)
This is the best alarm clock I've ever owned. The alarm is loud without being obnoxious, the clock is almost completely silent and won't keep you awake with ticking and the clock face lights up when you push the snooze button so you can see what time it is in the dark. And best of all it's battery powered. Battery powered alarm clocks are hard to find for some reason and good ones are even harder to find. This is one of the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bedside clock, October 23, 2011
I'm a clock-person. Love clocks - don't know why - I have a lot of different kind of clocks. I've always been annoyed with the loud tick-tock tick-tock of bedside analog alarm clocks, and I don't like the looks of digital alarm clocks, and some hum too. The Seiko Silver-Tone analog alarm clock is perfectly silent, - no sound at all - and I love the continous sweep second hand. It looks like a big Seiko watch without a band, which I find quite classy. I also like that the face doesn't stay lighted all the time like the more expensive model does. The hands and numbers glow in the dark, and if you want the face to light up, just push the snooze bar. -- Some reviewers have complained about the alarm starting off too loud and jolting the sleeper awake. I don't know if they somehow got a possessed clock or what, but my Seiko's alarm beep starts out low and steadily increases in loudness as all alarm clocks should do. Also the alarm sounds like the first few notes of Baba O'Reilly, which I like too. I don't think you'll ever find a better bedside clock unless you spend some very serious money for it. 5 stars all the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and works great, November 5, 2009
This little gem is perfectly silent with no tick tock sounds, easy to read, easy to set the alarm, and works on one AA battery so there is no cord hanging off the side table. The alarm is just right with an ascending loudness and changing pitch to give you time to tap the top snooze bar or turn off. Small enough to throw in the suitcase for travel too. Just what I needed in a very simple alarm clcok with no guessing about how to set it and be sure of getting the alarm at the right time.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good battery powered analog alarm clock, March 18, 2010
Very nice alarm clock; battery powered so it will keep time during power failures. It's silent as it doesn't tick, which is nice. The hands remain bright enough to see during most of the night. Sturdy and easy to use. A lttle more expensive than similar alarm clocks you'd find in a local store, but reasonable and worth the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars annoying alarm, January 4, 2011
diehardfan (east coast, usa) - See all my reviews
This clock would be absolutely perfect if the alarm weren't so annoying. It's louder than I'd like (although much quieter than most brands). But what makes me crazy is the way the alarm's pitch bounces, like lo-hi-hi-lo-hi-hi-lo-hi-hi...ACKKK! I bought it for my husband and every feature but this is as others here have said-wonderful clock. But it's much louder than my 20-year-old Seiko. I've taken this new one apart twice and padded it, plus blocked the sound hole, which helped the volume a lot, but not that bouncy thing. Now I'm looking for my daughter and am looking for the Seiko with adjustable volume and no night light. So, unless you're not easily aggravated, you may want to spend a bit more like I'm planning to. Good luck.

BTW:the night light feature is wonderfully dim-I can't even see it from across the bed. It's mostly so you can tell where the clock is so you can whack it. You have to push the snooze button to actually read the clock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this clock!, September 12, 2009
This alarm clock replaces a Big Ben wind-up clock which used to hurt my fingers every time I tried to wind it. The Seiko Bedside Alarm Clock Silver-Tone Metallic Case #QHE039SLH is battery-operated and so easy to set both the time and the alarm. The on/off switch is located on the back of the clock which I find useful as it is virtually impossible to accidentally switch it off. Having to pick it up, turn it over, and switch it off guarantees that I am awake. I am enjoying this clock.

1.0 out of 5 stars Alarm died in 90 days, January 3, 2013
After extensive research on Amazon, reading reviews, I purchased this clock.I bought it for ease of setting alarm and activating snooze. After 3 months the alarm just stopped working. It still makes a faint "click" at the time the alarm was set for, but that's it. It seems impossible to buy anything reliable anymore.

Update: Even though the alarm was gone, I continued to use the clock. Four months later the alarm suddenly sounded. It has been working faithfully ever since (perhaps a year now). Maybe it has self-healing abilities!

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Alarm Clock, November 10, 2011
This alarm clock meets my needs well. It keeps very good time. The luminous numerals and clock hands are not too bright. The light button (when pressed, it's also the snooze alarm button) nicely lights the face of the clock. Setting the alarm is easy; each marked increment of time represents a 10-minute interval. The second hand moves smoothly and silently. I understand why some might feel that the sound of the alarm is a tad bit annoying, but it doesn't bother me. The product description write-up is misleading in one instance. The description states, "constructed with a silver-tone metallic case....", which is totally false. The entire case is plastic, there is no metal at all in the case. It bugs me when descriptions of a product aren't fully correct, and Amazon needs to correct that. The switch on the back of the clock that turns the alarm off and on is not well located for easy operation. It sits in the corner of a recessed area on the back of the clock and is not easily accessed with your finger, thus making it somewhat difficult to turn on and off (especially when awakening when it goes off in the morning). The location and design of the alarm switch and the misrepresentation of the case being metal when it's actually plastic keep me from giving it 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars On time, as advertised, great value, November 17, 2007
Tim "Theologator" (Belleview, Florida) - See all my reviews
Fine clock, very timely order, best price. What else did you want? It IS bigger than I'd expected - make sure you read the dimensions - not a "travel clock" size. It works perfectly, just what I needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bedside clock, March 7, 2010
I love this clock. It's works on one AA battery. (lower EMFs) It's visible in the dark, but not too visible. The alarm works fine. The price is reasonable. The best part is the silence. This has NO ticking sounds. I don't love the looks of it, but it's function is so superior that I don't mind the looks.

Seiko Bedside Alarm Clock Silver-Tone Metallic Case