4.0 out of 5 stars Great inexpensive daily wear watch!
Published on July 14, 2012 by Stephen A. Means

1.0 out of 5 stars Looked pretty, but was piece of JUNK .
I had great admiration for Genuine Seiko Watches, but unfortunately, this one looked pretty, but I lost confidence/trust in it,s Time Keeping for the following ;
1. It was not Japan made- some copy
2. The markings glowed in the dark only for two-three hours
3. Every morning when I am getting ready ( US Pilot ), checked the time- it kept Stopping 2 O,clock...
Published 11 months ago by bali

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great inexpensive daily wear watch!, July 14, 2012
This review is from: Seiko 5 Black Dial Stainless Steel Automatic Mens Watch SNZF17 (Watch)
I've had this wach now as my daily wear/beater for over a year and I can't say enough good thinks about the bang for the buck. Well made, solid. Love the plastic display back, this is a great feature on any automatic. The diver style bezel is one way and requires enough effort to move that it won't happen accidentally. The watch is very durable. I'm not kind to timepieces and this one has taken it's share of knocks without issue. It is also water resistant in normal use, I shower with it on and have had it at the beach and in the rain. It lacks some of the true diver construction but I'd say that's not really it's intended purpose.

I suspect a lot of people looking at this watch will wonder about size. It's listed some places as 41mm, some 43mm and some as large as 45mm. I measured mine and it is 43mm not including the crown. (Edit, I remeasured after the comment below. It's really 41mm case diameter, 40mm bezel diameter.) I've also included several wrist shots for reference on the product page. I have a 17.5cm wrist or 6.8 inches.

So downsides? The large "Seiko 5 Sports" logo is out of place on the dial. A nice clean "seiko" would make this more of a classic look. The bezel paint has picked up quite a few small chips/scratches. Well, what do you want, it's not an expensive ceramic bezel like a new rolex/omega. Other than that I really have no complaints. Again, for the money it's an excellent watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly Impressed Good Quality at Reasonable Price, July 1, 2012
Purchased thru Asford.com for a little less, Watch has the standard Seiko 5 21 Jewel Automatic Movement made in Malaysia, Band is stamped "China" so it is anyone's guess where the watch is assembled in Asia? Watch loses on average, 7 seconds a day which is acceptable, Case is thinner and lighter than my Seiko Diver SNZH51 as back of case is thinner and also machined out. Back screw case on rear is only about 3/4 of diameter of case diameter which is Hardex aka "Seiko Hard Plastic" and this is the portion that rests on your wrist, Don't know why all the rear machining? Maybe the investment casting of the case was made this way to save stainless material or stainless material was removed to save weight? Band was very easy to adjust, One percularity is that attachment Lugs are Hollow but the back of the case is also machined out quite a lot at band attach points with a very noticeable 1/8th inch gap between case and band attachment in the rear, It looks OK fron the front side, but on the reverse/back side this gap is unsightly and I presume if you were to fit a leather band, it might look poor? Rotating bezel works well with 2 slight distinctive clicks per minute, Overall looks, runs and wears very well for the price, I may also purchase the blue dial model with the partial blue and red rotating bezel to add to my collection!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, December 6, 2013
Watch Nerd (New Hampshire, USA) - See all my reviews
This is a really nice looking watch. It arrived on time with no defects. It loses about 7 - 8 seconds per day - not as accurate as my Seiko SSC009 Solar Quartz (that one is super-accurate - 1 to 2 seconds per month!) but considering that this one has a fully mechanical movement, I expected as much. Well within normal tolerances for an automatic movement. This watch features the sturdy and reliable 7S36 movement (based on what I have read) and I expect years of trouble free service, as my other Seikos have delivered. All in all, I'm very pleased with this purchase. If you demand better accuracy than several seconds per day, consider the Seiko SKA371 kinetic model, which looks quite similar to this one, except that it has "skeleton" hands, no day display window, and a toothier rotating bezel (and costs almost a hundred bucks more).

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied skeptic, March 28, 2014
I wasn't sure I would like this watch but I love it. It has a very solid feel to it and looks every bit as good as a watch that would cost 10 to 15 times more. I was also concerned about the authenticity of the watch. While I am not an expert, based on all the research I did this watch is the real thing - not some cheap feiko. Finally, the vendor was very responsive. I sent an email to the customer service address given by Amazon and they answered it within 10 minutes. I then asked a follow-up question and requested clarifications. They answered that in the same time-frame. I would definitely purchase from them again and I highly recommend the watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars May end up being my favorite watch, March 26, 2014
I have about a dozen watches. I am a quasi-collector. "Quasi" because I cannot afford true "collectible" watches like Grand Seiko, Rolex, Omega, Breitling, etc.

I have 'nicer' and more expensive watches than the Seiko 5 however, its low price and high 'price/quality' ratio are what I love most. Unlike a more expensive watch, if this gets scratched or damaged, I won't be too upset about it. Whereas, a scratch on a $1000 watch will ruin a person's day.

I have several Seiko watches, and they are my favorite. Yes, the average person on the street does not think much of Seiko watches, but I don't care about them. People who 'know' watches, know what a great value they are and how well made they are.

So far, it keeps great time, it has very good 'wrist presence', and it looks and feels more expensive than it is. No complaints.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for the price., November 14, 2013
Great watch for a reasonable price. This watch is a nice chunky size and is on the level with watches 300-400 dollars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rolex Submariner on a Budget, July 30, 2013
Evan Basha (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
I've been a watch man my entire life and have always admired the Rolex Submariner. Like most people I can't afford one, but I discovered the Seiko 5 diver and it has quickly become my favorite watch. The design is sporty and elegant, and is the perfect size - not too big like most watches today. Two features that did surprise me, however, is the Japan movement and is self-winding. Not a deal breaker at all, but just different from what I'm used to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great time keeper., October 20, 2012
I've had this watch for two months and I am surprised by its beauty and accuracy. Somehow its only lost 2 seconds in two months. Impossible? I don't how it did it. My wrists are 9 1/2 inches and it was too loose! A simple adjustment on the locking mechanism set it perfectly. I highly recommend this watch for dress or sports. I respect and take care of it so it still looks new. I swim two miles a day in it no problem. It looks so good that I remove it for mechanical work or lawn work even though the watch is cost less than some of my beaters.

5.0 out of 5 stars After 1 Year Going Strong, July 2, 2013
I purchased this watch just over 1 year ago. It was my first Seiko and first automatic watch. The watch feels very solid and looks great. It keeps accurate time and the lume is readable all night long. Even after wearing this watch on a regular basis for over a year the crystal remains scratch free. For an automatic watch at this price you can't go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Automatic!, July 11, 2014
Very well made, and keeps time to within one minute over a period of 3-4 days. I do wear it 24/7, so no problem with it running down. The dealer, Long Island Watch, selling via Amazon, shipped it very fast, and all documents and factory packaging were included. I am very pleased.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›