5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko wall clock
Published on March 19, 2011 by taka

1.0 out of 5 stars Smooth and quiet running
This clock is so quiet you can't hear it running unless you put it next to your ear, perfect for my music/tv room. I really like the smooth running second hand, and my wife thinks it looks really nice too. Seemed a little high-priced but the classy looks and quiet running make it a winner!

Update June2, 2011:
It started making noise!! Now it sounds like an...
Published on November 27, 2009 by Mike

1.0 out of 5 stars Smooth and quiet running, November 27, 2009
Mike (Northwest USA) - See all my reviews

Update June2, 2011:
It started making noise!! Now it sounds like an old electric clock grinding away, thus negating the main reason I bought it! I can no longer recommend this product and have changed my rating from 5 stars to one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko wall clock, March 19, 2011
After reading one of the reviews and since the specifications did not give the diameter of the clock, I was afraid that the clock would be too small. I was pleasantly surprised that the clock was a perfect fit for our living room. For those interested in knowing its diameter, the face of the clock is about 10-1/2 inches, excluding the wooden frame. The clock is "quiet" and the wood frame gives it a rich appearance. I love it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but the silence doesn't go on forever., September 23, 2011
I don't know exactly how long I've had this...I don't think it's been one year but I know it hasn't been more than two. I was great for a while...perfectly silent. But eventually it started making more and more noise. I had to move it from the bedroom (where I need a quiet clock) and into the kitchen (where the noise doesn't bother me).

Seiko used to be a good name, but at this point it's just a marketing word. There's nothing particularly high quality about this clock. It's a nice looking case with a cheap little Chinese-made movement in a small plastic box.

NOT RECOMMENDED if what you want is a clock that is silent and will STAY silent.

If you don't mind it making noise, should be fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad company to do business with, January 8, 2013
The clock looks good, but right out of the box it does not keep time. It looses 10 minutes every hour. I tried a new battery,but that was not the problem. It is defective! I contacted the company to return the clock. They sent me info on the return, but told me that I must pay the shipping. I am very disappointed that Amazon would use a supplier that makes the customer pay return shipping on a defective item. I didn't break the clock or change my mind about the design. Why should I pay to return a defective item???

2.0 out of 5 stars Loved it while it worked, October 25, 2009
Jeff (Mukilteo, WA USA) - See all my reviews
I wanted it quiet wall clock for my bedroom and this one fit that bill. My only problem is that it only lasted about 6 months before it started skipping and losing time. It appears that the internal gears became stripped. I thought that Seiko built quality clocks, but this one was sure disappointing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Totaly agree that this clock is useless after 6 months., February 4, 2010
After six months it stated to stop and lose time..Seiko is the top of the line product but i am not sure after i saw this product...

1.0 out of 5 stars makes noise after less than a year, September 26, 2011
Clock was silent for about 10 months, but now it is tick tocking away even with new batteries. Another made in China POS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet elegance, August 28, 2009
After years of searching for a wall clock that didn't sound like a pinball machine and look like it came out of a crackerjack box my wonderful wife gave me this clock as an anniversary gift. I am totally impressed with it's quiet elegance and fully expect that it will outlast me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko quiet clock, February 11, 2009
E. F. Kraski (Northern California) - See all my reviews
Not a lot of things can keep me awake, but a ticking clock is one of those noises that just stands out in the middle of the night. I've gone thru several cheaper clocks, but they always were just too noisy, this clock makes no noise, which enables me to fall asleep with ease. I would recommend this to anyone who hates hearing that ticking clock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Looks, Quiet, Solid, Reliable, Good Price!!!, June 24, 2010
I needed a good looking, reliable, and quiet watch for my computer room that would match my oak desk and bookcase. I was looking at some Howard Miller wall clocks when I stumbled upon this one. We have an older, "very 90's looking" gold-colored Seiko wall clock in our living room and have had it since 1991. It has performed flawlessly since that time. So I knew this wooden clock would also not let me down.

What I like:

1) It's made from real wood
2) Smooth sweeping second hand (silent)
3) Seiko reliability
4) Look of the numbers and dial

Dislikes

1) Nothing really, maybe it's a little overpriced for what it does

The case is wood. It's more of a darker-looking oak. It doesn't match my oak furniture but it does provide a good contrast and still looks good in the room. The dial is a subtle off-white with gold trim, spade hands, and a straight, gold sweeping second hand. The watch actually looks it's best when in a room illuminated by room lights because the gold trim on the dial just "pops" and looks very stunning. You can't really see this when it is illuminated by outside light as the color looks flat. The lens is not glass but a nice plastic so you should take care not to scratch it. The lens reflects light when bright light hits it directly, so watch where you place it. The case and movement is made in China. Even my old 1991 Seiko wall clock is made in China and Thailand. The sweeping second hand makes it seem more expensive than it really is and the silent operation is a must in a library or a home office setting as a ticking sound could make you go crazy while working or reading. It comes with a AA battery and a mounting screw and setup should take less than 5 minutes with a drill and screwdriver.

There were two prices for this watch on Amazon.com. One for fifty-two and one for forty-two. I had been looking for this clock for a few weeks when it was at the first price, but I could not justify spending that much money on a simple wall clock. The second price made the purchase worthwhile.

I'm very happy with the quality of this clock and I would purchase it again. I think it looks better than some of the similar offering from the Howard Miller company.

Seiko Seiko Brown Oak Quiet Sweep 13-in. Wall Clock