5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Watch for the Price
Published 8 months ago by chekhov

1.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but Impossible to See
I ordered, then returned this watch. There is no question, from a design perspective, it's a beautiful watch, but it's nearly impossible to read under most lighting conditions. The minute and hour hands are thin and blend in with the watch's background.
Published 10 months ago by Peter Bloeme

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Watch for the Price, May 29, 2014
chekhov (TAMPA, FL, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiko Chronograph Men's Quartz Watch SNDF09 (Watch)
I'm a medical student, and I was looking for a solid, all-around watch which would be equally at home in the clinic, the operating room, or kayaking on the bay. I settled on this watch because it was aesthetically similar to a Tissot I saw on the wrist of one of the attending physicians on my OB/GYN rotation, but still within my price range. It has a large, masculine face with a striking yellow second hand (for the chronograph), but a slim enough profile such that it does not get caught on my dress shirts. I have been complimented on it both at work and during my time off, but I would be remiss if I did not mention the fact that although it is aesthetically beyond reproach, it can be difficult to read in low-light conditions, and if it's dark, forget about it. Overall, though, an excellent compromise between form and function.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but Impossible to See, March 10, 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Hands are not readable, January 30, 2014
This review is from: Seiko Chronograph Men's Quartz Watch SNDF09 (Watch)
I have a few watches and wanted a cheaper watch to wear when fishing or working outdoors. This watch is terrible, the hands are not readable, they do not have enough contrast to be seen. I bought a Seiko SNDC 89 for a few more bucks and WOW what a difference just a great watch all around....

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch...except, June 18, 2014
This review is from: Seiko Chronograph Men's Quartz Watch SNDF09 (Watch)
Nice watch but the silver hands disappear. Read other reviews for this effect. I like the watch, though, will put up with this flaw and may have a jeweler swap out new hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, yet be careful with hands., September 23, 2014
This review is from: Seiko Chronograph Men's Quartz Watch SNDF09 (Watch)
Really good watch, I've only had a couple of days with it and I already love it. The Chronograph is a joy to watch as it works and the watch itself feels really good. It is easy to remove links if you wrist is too small, so don't worry about it.

I will keep this review updated in case the watch fails, I hope it doesn't cause I really like it.

The only thing you need to have in mind, the hands are kind of hard to ready depending on the light. I knew this but I decided to continue with the purchase, it is still a beautiful watch.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent watch, have had Seiko's for years now. ..., October 15, 2014
This review is from: Seiko Chronograph Men's Quartz Watch SNDF09 (Watch)
Decent watch, have had Seiko's for years now. Have received numerous compliments on it, looks good--not very tough though. Dropped 2 feet off a table onto tile floor and the small hand for the stop watch broke off and is now loose rattling around. Downside--it does not illuminate, and the hands and hour indicators are the same silver color-at certain hours you don't see where the minute and hour hands are--usually 12 and 6 o'clock. Would probably pass on this one again and get a different Seiko.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, July 25, 2014
This review is from: Seiko Chronograph Men's Quartz Watch SNDF09 (Watch)
Nice looking watch but it feels kind of cheap

2.0 out of 5 stars I did return, this watch,,, cause ..., September 25, 2014
This review is from: Seiko Chronograph Men's Quartz Watch SNDF09 (Watch)
I did return , this watch ,,, cause the silver tone hands you cant see the hour in low light or any light
this watch,, don't have luminous markers..

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality with affordable price, January 1, 2015
This review is from: Seiko Chronograph Men's Quartz Watch SNDF09 (Watch)
My hubby really likes this watch. Japan quartz, heavy steel...good quality with affordable price. "Good Buy".

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, April 4, 2014
This review is from: Seiko Chronograph Men's Quartz Watch SNDF09 (Watch)
read reviews and people said it was hard to read the hour and minute hands. I'm going out on a limb here and say they were older folks. The hands are definitely visible as each one is a triangle of sorts. 2 arms that meet at the top. So I see it fine. The rest is great, the band is skinnier than usual though, I think. This is the 9mm and I know they make the same one at 10mm and is like $40 more. Personally, I have a smaller wrist and looks great. Not bulky and very sleek. Note that the big yellow hand you see is not the seconds, instead the tachymeter arms.

Seiko Chronograph Men's Quartz Watch SNDF09