5.0 out of 5 stars I love the metronome
The metronome is extremely easy to use and have enough functionalities for the need of a new piano learner like me. The volume is adjustable, and can be turned off and show LED blinks only. I particularly like the compact design, which also function perfectly as clip for my piano books.
Published on December 13, 2006 by A Reader

3.0 out of 5 stars Battery change is a hassle
Published on January 18, 2011 by Kennor

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the metronome, December 13, 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact Metronome, January 26, 2007
R. Koziar (APO, AE United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiko DM50S Clip Digital Metronome (Silver) (Electronics)
I purchased this item to help set a cadence in my golf swing, on the recommendation of a friend who had tried the method. This metronome is easy to use, very portable (even has a clip so you can clip it to your belt), and loud enough for you to hear but not so loud as to be a nuisance to others who might be close by. Additionally, it is durable and is a relatively inexpensive item that has been reliable. Using this has helped my golf swing tempo, also.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tool for quiet basics, September 17, 2007
This review is from: Seiko DM50S Clip Digital Metronome (Silver) (Electronics)
I am fairly satisfied with this purchase. While it's extremely compact, fairly inexpensive, and has a decent variety of functions, it's practical use is only when using a drumpad or other simgle milder tones (as oppose to a drum set or instrumental ensemble). The sound easily gets drowned out and does not carry well (I would liken the sound tothe beep of my digital running watch's alarm).

Overall I would say it is a great tool to begin rhythm basics during practice, but a louder metronome should be considered to accompany actual instruments when composing or preparing for a performance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for running, with a small change, May 31, 2011
This review is from: Seiko DM50S Clip Digital Metronome (Silver) (Electronics)
This Seiko Metronome is actually both light, easy to use, and does exactly what is labelled. However, there is one issue that a lot of people have noticed. I use this to run with (evolution running) and 180 bpm is what is called for. This does that but can be very LOUD. In fact the quietest setting is still very loud. Solution? 1) open up the clip and locate the speaker output. 2) put a 1cm piece of tape on the speaker opening. Voila! Now you have 4 new quieter settings. The only thing I would ask for is a headphone jack, but thats just asking a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Running Cadence - Try it! You'll like it!, March 27, 2009
This review is from: Seiko DM50S Clip Digital Metronome (Silver) (Electronics)
I started using my Seiko Seiko DM50 Compact Metronome - Bluerunning metronome about 3 years ago when I started training using Chi running training techniques. I haven't looked back in regret since that day. The dM50 is lightweight and the cadence and volume easily adjustable even while running in the dark. Not that it is lighted, the settings are just easily set and differentiated by feel once learned. I often change my settings while on the run with little difficulty.

It is also fairly sturdy. While the clip spring is strong, I have dropped mine on the concrete highway several times during runs with no damage. It is not indestructable, however. I have owned three DM50s now. I did crush one once while it was in my pocket and I was carrying a bag of concrete against it.

They do have a very surprizing long battery life. I don't know what that actually is but, after using mine nearly everyday for at least a half an hour each run, mine continued to work as new for over two years.

While the volume is adustable, the lowest setting is not as low as I would like it when I run with others. I actually taped over the speaker holes on mine and I thought it was still a little loud when running at night with only one other runner. When in a group of runners, the lowest setting is not too bad. Most people think the noise is somehow my heart rate.
I also use my metronome when training on my bicycle. I have a cadence monitor on my bike but the volume of the DM50 makes it easy to use while wearing a bike helmet without having to look at the device.

3.0 out of 5 stars Battery change is a hassle, January 18, 2011
This review is from: Seiko DM50S Clip Digital Metronome (Silver) (Electronics)
The 3 tiny screws that you have to take off in order to change the battery are hard to reach. I managed to take one off but the second one was scrapped perhaps because the screwdriver did not go in exactly the perpendicular position. The third screw is even harder to reach because the clip is in the way. I will go somewhere to find a better tool, otherwise the device will be useless :-(

5.0 out of 5 stars Great metronome for running, July 14, 2011
This review is from: Seiko DM50S Clip Digital Metronome (Silver) (Electronics)
I purchased this metronome to use for running. It is fantastic for that purpose. The click is very loud so it is easy to hear and you can adjust the BPM incrementally-- in other words, you can adjust it one beat at a time. It is easy to use and small enough that it could be taken with when you run outside. I happen to also be musician. I'm not sure that this would be the best metronome to use because of the size. Sometimes you need to be able have a visual cue to help with music. This metronome is too small to offer a usable visual cue. Nevertheless, it is absolutely fantastic for running and would make a good metronome for most music applications.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, small, light, various options, April 4, 2008
This review is from: Seiko DM50S Clip Digital Metronome (Silver) (Electronics)
Pros--This is a great metronome. Selectable sounds and loudness, very easy to use. Very light and it clips nicely.
Cons--I can't believe such a simple device is so expensive. It can't possibly cost more than 1 dollar to manufacture. Based on pictures, and price, I would imagine it would have a metal casing, but it is painted plastic

Overall--compared to many out there this is just great! In funtionality I would have given it 5 stars, but I am just giving it 4 due to cost and the how cheaply made it is (I thought about giving it 3, however it does what I want it do do perfectly).

By the way I use this one to run (helps me keep a fast cadence) so its small form factor and clip are priceless.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very uncomfortable sound, February 8, 2010
Y. Huang (Carbondale, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiko DM50S Clip Digital Metronome (Silver) (Electronics)
I feel that the metronome is ok for sport, but not good for piano player. The sound of the metronome is so sharp that really hurts my ears.

3.0 out of 5 stars It does what it is supposed to do., November 11, 2011
This review is from: Seiko DM50S Clip Digital Metronome (Silver) (Electronics)
This is a small, light weight metronome with easy to understand functions. I was able to figure out all that it is capable of doing within a few minutes. The sound is plenty loud, too. I bought this for a running workshop that I attended and 1 was sufficient enough for our group of 20 people abreast to hear clearly. I would have given this product more stars if it had been a little cheaper and if it had other sound options other than just a high pitch chirp. A clicking sound that is not so annoying would be nice. This thing does what it is supposed to do even though it is typical cheap plastic. Also, if you toss it in your bag and then toss your bag on the floor, be prepared to have to dig through the bag immediately because the on button has a hair trigger. This is a tool for running drills to dial in your cadence but personally I would not want to run for a half hour with it chirping. Will you have buyer's remorse for getting this one over another one? Doubtful.

Seiko DM50S Clip Digital Metronome (Silver)
$34.95 $26.36