5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - everything I've wanted in a watch I've finally found!
I have a number of watches in my collection; big, small; digital, analog; Divers, Chronographs, Atomics ... I love watches. But I recently began a search of reasonably priced self-winders. It also had to be reliable, and I would prefer a diver-type style. The past couple years I've taken a liking to Invicta watches, but their quality is hit and miss. The low end (less...
Published on January 21, 2010 by Da Poppa

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent...except for the crown.
Watch arrived on time and in excellent condition (new). Great watch...except for the crown stem. When crown/stem pulled out to adjust time, crown is very "wobbly" and loose with quite a bit of play. I didn't expect this after reading countless excellent reviews on the watch. Hopefully, the crown will not break or fall off.
Published on December 21, 2009 by Watch Collector

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A beauty!, March 29, 2012
This review is from: Seiko Divers Automatic Black Monster SKX779K Men's Watch (Watch)
The watch came much earlier than expected in a nice white Seiko box. Upon looking at the watch for the first time, I must say that I was expecting the face of the watch to be bigger, but after using it I am excited to say that it is the perfect size for me - big enough to create an impression and small enough not to create a distraction. The make of the watch strucked me as one of ruggedness and class. I am sure whoever designed the functional and cosmetic aspect of this watch must have had put in alot of thoughts in making a divers watch capable of going 200m and yet functional and presentable to be worn as a dress watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars An elegant monster, March 7, 2012
redboat (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Given the name "Black Monster" and the heavy tool look of the close-up photos, I hesitated a long time before buying this watch - worried that it is just a little too over-the-top obnoxious in its "wrist presence". Big mistake. The watch is much more elegant and subtle on the wrist than I expected. In fact it is excellent in these respects: well-proportioned for my relatively thin male wrists, not at all too big, with a well-defined simple face and case that both look good without being overbearing. You get all that, plus solid Seiko reliability and mechanics for around $200. Really hard to beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Quality, October 3, 2012
I am giving this watch 5 stars even though I am returning it..The build quality is extremely nice. I took it out of the package and it looks as good as any Rolex I have seen. It also came in the nice blue Seiko box w/pillow. Sometimes buying on line you get a good authentic watch but it is sent from somewhere in Asia in a very cheap box..This is first quality all the way !! The problem is that I ordered two different Seiko divers at about the same time..I prefer the other one mainly because of the size..If you like a large, thick watch then this is a good choice..It just looks too big on me!!!! Both that I got have the same automatic movement and should both run nicely. The size problem is certainly mine ; no fault of Seiko or Amazon...

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Watch by Seiko, July 6, 2012
M.A.K (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This Seiko SKX779K also known as the Black Monster is another great watch just like the Seiko SKX007 model.This is a very solid built watch. The case and the bracelet is just so well built! It has a domed crystal instead of flat and has AMAZING lume!! Just charge it up with a flashlight and you'll see how bright this thing gets. There is an orange dial version of this watch called the Orange Monster. I chose black because, you can wear it anywhere. The orange is nice but black is more classic. The black monster is LOUD without being LOUD. Not too big or too small. Can be worn at the office or with a pair of jeans. This watch will not be mistaken for any other watch. It is very Unique. The Bezel markers are ENGRAVED and not painted so another PLUS! And the stainless steel bracelet is nice and has solid End Links! another PLUS! The watch has a little hefty weight but not too heavy either. It is a good watch to add to your collection. Not sure as to why they nick named it the MONSTER as this watch is not hideous or too massive in size. Its just a good well built sturdy watch. Dont waste your time with INVICTA brand watches. Just spend about 40 dollars more and get a Seiko or a Citizen instead. You will be glad you did. Ofcourse you can spend 10,000 dollars or more on a more upscale watch... but to each man his own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Awesome!, August 17, 2010
Got my Monster yesterday. I got it with the bracelet band, which I highly recommend over the rubber band. Got it sized right away ($5 at a local jeweler) and it fits like glove. Nice heft to it. Looks terrific. Glows in the dark like a lightstick.

Check out all the reviews here, then look on youtube. There are some for the Black, but even more for it's sister- the Orange Monster. You can't go wrong here. Based on my research (I did quite a bit) I'm looking forward to many years of trouble free service. Like my title says- this watch is just awesome!

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent...except for the crown., December 21, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite watch, December 25, 2013
You can't beat the casually classy look of the Seiko Monster series...there's just no watch like it...it keeps time moderately well, but I do recommend getting a de-magnetizer with the purchase of any Japanese movement watch, inevitably you will begin to gain/lose seconds to mins per day due to use...this device will help demagnetize your hairspring assembly which will sometimes avoid having to make a trip to get it fixed by a professional

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid automatic watch, July 31, 2013
Charlie Cycle (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
The watch is a sturdy watch with some weight to it. The watch is accurate. It keeps time just as well as battery operated watches. The date mechanism is a bit sensitive and I couldn't really spin the crown as fast as I would with a quartz watch. It seemed like the date would "catch" when I tried to change date. The watch looks more expensive than it is. I usually wear dress watches that are thinner and smaller. I am 5'10" of medium build and the watch feels big. I notice that the watch is "there" but its comfortable enough to wear all day. I haven't gone swimming with the watch but have submerged my arms in a body of water wearing the watch. So far no problems. The watch is quiet.
If you like big watches with some heft to it, then this is a great watch. At this price point, its hard to complain about any minor misgivings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid watch, July 12, 2013
Great watch for the price! Tough as nails! I destroy watches pretty regularly and this one is lasting. Not as large as I would have thought.... But still pretty good sized. Accurate automatic movement (in fact more accurate in the long run than my omega that I spent 1700 on!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, June 14, 2013
Robert J. Stein (Fremont, Ca. USA) - See all my reviews
Nice looking and sturdy watch. Bracelet is good and the size of the watch is very nice. If it had tritium illumination it would be a 10.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›