5.0 out of 5 stars Pro Divers Watch
Many thanks, an excellent and understated watch. I have had many different dive watches, but this one by far is the best. It comes with me as a backup timer whilst diving and has never let me down. I am in the Royal Marines and this timepiece has managed to take all the knocks and bumps to date with no problems! a genuine article that I'm proud to own.
Published on July 31, 2009 by Macca

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch poor quality control
Bought my second one of these from seller Dexclusive and as with the first there is dust under the glass on the dial. I was under the impression Seiko quality was top notch! I've already returned the first now I'm contemplating whether to just live with it or ask for yet another replacement........

Rubber strap seems to be Ok, although it has quite the...
Published 20 months ago by daniel

5.0 out of 5 stars Pro Divers Watch, July 31, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I've been looking for., June 3, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Divers Automatic Deep Blue Dial Mens Watch SKX009K1 (Watch)
I was very impressed with the quality of this watch when I received it. I really love the iconic "Pepsi" color themed bezel that reminds me of my father's watch when I was younger. This watch goes in the book of must haves. I am a big fan of mechanical watches and the craftsmanship that goes into them and keeping their power source very natural (body movement).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at super price, March 22, 2013
Superb value, great design. A canonical diver's style watch.

But please understand what an Automatic watch is. It DOES NOT EVER USE A BATTERY. This is an automatic watch, not quartz. Like EVERY watch made before 1969, this watch is completely mechanical. It does not wind, but uses an "Automatic" winding feature built in to the movement. Do you complain that a manual transmission will not go into 2nd? Some automatics wind, the SKX... do not. Just give it a shake and it will be wound somewhat and your natural body movements will keep it wound, however it will only run for about 40 hours without motion, like almost every automatic.

Also, like almost every analog watch with a day display, it is bilingual.

So you will need to read the instructions. Do not be a foolish consumer, be a wise one.

5.0 out of 5 stars SKX009 'Pepsi' Dial Version of the Classic Seiko SKX007 Dive Watch (200 meters, Diver's Band), June 17, 2014
This is the 'Pepsi' blue & red dial version of the fantastically popular, classic SKX007, which has the original black face & dial. Both the 007 and 009 watches are equally sturdy, well built, have a great warranty, and are built to hand down to future generations. Each is certified as a true dive watch, good to 200 Meters.

This SKX009 is mechanically the same as the 007, same great fit and sturdy build. The only difference is the color of the bezel and the face.

There's a ton of great info and reviews on both the 007 and 009 versions on the various online watch forums. I love this watch.

The 009 face is a very dark navy, almost a 'midnight' blue, hard to tell in the Amazon photo. It looks almost black in most indoors lighting, such as a restaurant. The red portion of the bezel extends a full 20 minutes, 1/3 of the total bezel (some other 'Pepsi' dials cover only 10 minutes of the bezel, it's up to you which you prefer).

This watch comes with a black rubber dive band (same as the 007), but is also available with a stainless clasp band, usually for around $20 more. I wear my dive watches on nylon NATO straps, so if you don't want a stainless band you could save some money with this rubber dive band version. If you like a stainless metal band look, you may want to check out the listings for that version.

If you want a Pepsi dial, this Seiko is a great choice. If you'd like a great Pepsi dial at a lower price, check out the Orient brand Pepsi 'Mako' watch, also available here on Amazon. If you're after an indestructible serious Dive watch, choose Seiko. If you want a 200-meter-certified but somewhat dressier feeling dive watch, check out the Orient Ray. Both are attractive and both are sturdy as a tank, but Orient will be about 40-50% less than the Seiko, and makes the crossover to a conservative office watch easily.

Whatever you do, make sure you comparison shop, and make sure you buy from an authorized Seiko dealer (you can verify sellers on Seiko's website) so your warranty will be valid. Beware 'grey' market sellers which may be selling factory seconds, refurbished's, trade-in's, Frankenwatches assembled from salvage parts, or worse. Lots of those on online auction sites.

I found mine a couple years ago online for $185, shipped, with the rubber band. It pays to shop around.

Hope this is helpful. Happy dives, everybody.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with my purchase..., October 13, 2013
Great looking watch...study and dependable. I like the continuous sweep second hand and the durability of the watch. I was in California recently and several of my friends were wearing them so I just had to have one and I am glad I purchased it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Got it today and I'm very impressed., July 30, 2013
My primary watch is a Rolex Submariner. I love it but it isn't appropriate for all situations. I love automatic, mechanical watches so for 1/40th the price of my Rollie I gave this one a shot and I have to say, Seiko makes a fine time piece. I'll be tracking it over the next few days for accuracy. It's a great looking watch. The rubber band is sporty and I like that it lays flat unlike my G-Shock. If you want an automatic, mechanical dive watch for less than $250 this is the one for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars i'm very pleased, May 28, 2013
This is very much like the one I had for over 12 years. It was a quartz model and I really liked it. When I broke my previous watch I checked Amazon and found one very much like it. So far I am very pleased. Hopefully this model will last as long as my 1st one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch poor quality control, April 5, 2013

Rubber strap seems to be Ok, although it has quite the "tail" on smaller wrists. Other than that its a nice looking piece !

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Divers Watch, September 16, 2013
The service was great and represented the product well. Easy to read dial was a plus for me. Seiko quality to boot and priced well too.

5.0 out of 5 stars MASTERPIECE AT SUCH ACCEPTABLE PRICE, September 14, 2013
I really enjoyed it. Seiko is old brand, one of the best. As for the pricing policy - thanks to them! They make swiss best quality mechanic watch available to people. The Swiss do not practice that much anymore.