5.0 out of 5 stars IMO... A tremendous watch with a touch of class!, January 15, 2014
$BILL (Eastern North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiko Divers Silver Watch SRP313K2 (Watch)
I received this watch from my best friend Chris as an XMAS present just last weekend. Seiko makes some excellent timepieces at competitive prices and the Monster Line of Watches is well known with a loyal following. Seiko's original automatic mechanical had no winding by the crown or the ability to hack the the second hand (hacking is the ability to stop the second hand where ever you want to set exact time). The original also requires servicing a bit more. The new movement allows for both hand winding by the crown & hacking and is more accurate. After one week of testing, mine is running +/- 20 seconds a day at the most. Usually +/- 7-9 seconds, which is stellar for any Automatic Mechanical movement. This watch has the black dial, sharks tooth hour indicators, and Day/Date feature too. The hour markers are trimmed in red that is actually a red chromed accent and adds a touch of class, looks great, and is very easy to read. In closing, my best bought it from Long Island Watch company and they are without question the best, most honest & knowledgable online watch company... Barr None! Their service is outstanding and Marc, the owner, will always speak with you, email you, or back any watch they sell. Truly first class. As a watch collector & enthusiast, I would highly recommend this watch to anyone in the market for Mechanical Automatic Dive-Sport watch as it is truly a 5-Star watch from a 5-star company. If you have any questions or I can be of any help, feel free to ask any questions. I'm happy to help if I can.
$BILL~

5.0 out of 5 stars First of my 4R36 Monsters, June 10, 2014
This review is from: Seiko Divers Silver Watch SRP313K2 (Watch)
Seiko has upgraded the movement on its MONSTER series as well as slightly changing the dial. The 4R36 24 jewel movement both hacks and is hand windable - unlike the 7S26 (or 7S36) movement in its older Monster models. This was enough for me to add this model to the 7 other Monster models I own as part of my Seiko collection. The day/date wheels and positions on the dial remain the same as in the older Monster series - as does the case and divers bezel (120 clicks unidirectional)

The bracelet remains one of the finest stainless steel dive bracelets available at any price. The lume on all Seiko divers is world class -the fit, finish and construction make this an amazing value. As a diver or sport watch - there is no better for the money.

Again - the "Hardlex" is a mineral glass crystal - not sapphire - but has been relatively scratch resistant in the Monsters I wear in my collection. The Seiko Monster has been a world class dive watch for more than a decade - and remains at the head of its class.

This model - with its red highlights on the dial indices was different enough to have me make the purchase as something 'different'

The author both owns and wears this watch in rotation.

5.0 out of 5 stars great quality, bargain seiko!, January 23, 2014
This review is from: Seiko Divers Silver Watch SRP313K2 (Watch)
just a fine watch. I own a seamaster professional since about '95($1600.00 when I purchased it, same model about $3k now). for $240.00, the black monster to me is just as good a watch in most particulars, if not quite as elegant. I don't have the greatest eyesight, and I sometimes have difficulty making out the short fat hour hand when the lume fades late at night, but I am getting the hang of it, it is a question of how I tilt the watch.and this issue has more to do with my eyesight. believe me, this watch is a steal. I luv the brand. a Seiko astron may be my next acquisition. I sized the black monster by adjusting the pin on the clasp. a perfect fit now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch. Lume is said to be legendary, September 9, 2014
This review is from: Seiko Divers Silver Watch SRP313K2 (Watch)
Great watch. Lume is said to be legendary. Of the times I needed to use it, its been amazing. Very comfortable and feels well made. Doesn't seem fragile. Great for a weekend watch or a beater. Only problem I have with it is that the face is a bit too busy which makes it a bit more difficult to read the time, but overall great bang for your buck. Did I mention it's automatic?

5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko "Bloody Fangs" Monster, September 14, 2014
This review is from: Seiko Divers Silver Watch SRP313K2 (Watch)
The amazing Seiko "Bloody Fangs" Monster is a truly great diver watch. Its looks amazing, it wears amazing and its 4R36 hackable mechanical movement is not to be missed. Highly recommended watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatwatch that keeps great time, July 26, 2014
This review is from: Seiko Divers Silver Watch SRP313K2 (Watch)
Great watch that keeps great time. Just like any other Seiko Monster, I expect it to last many years. Highly recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars 2nd generation monsters are just OK, July 23, 2014
TheMatrix (Metro Detroit) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiko Divers Silver Watch SRP313K2 (Watch)
Timings for the bloody monster that I received was -4 spd. COSC spec but I prefer my watches to run fast rather than slow. IMO, the bracelet is a disappointment. Had I known this I could have saved myself $25 and gotten the rubber strap version. The bracelet has brushed outer links and polished center links. I also wasn't prepared to deal with a pin and collar caps system used to secure the links. I've dealt with other pin and collar systems before but not the type that Seiko used for this one. I ended up busting two of the collar caps. Ultimately I had to use blue Loctite 242 to make sure they links held in place. A standard fold over with dual button safety clasp was used. I was hoping for the scissor type folder over safety clasp. The case is a 43mm with 42mm bezel diameter. The 12-6 measurement though is 47mm. Thickness is 13mm. The monsters are known for their LUME. Photographically they appear to be bright but less bright than the 1st gen monsters. They are definitely not as bright as my C3 Superluminova watches from Deep Blue. The plan for now is to take the bracelet off and replace with a diver's strap or nato strap. I am very tempted to put a 20mm isofrane on this. Overall the 2nd generation monsters are OK and I recommend that you get the less expensive rubber strap versions unless you really want the bracelet and don't mind dealing with the pin and collar system.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, September 7, 2014