4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice watch, but...
I'm a big fan of Seiko watches and this one does not disappoint. This is a kinetic, which is Seiko's brand for self-winder electric charge watch. The back of the case is clear, so one can see the self-winder counter-weight in action.

Published 12 months ago by JWP

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, but some scratchs
got it on time but found there are some scratches on the band links, there also scratch on the side of the face of the watch.
Published 7 months ago by Allan Tio

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice watch, but..., December 28, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Kinetic Men's Kinetic Watch SKA555 (Watch)

The blue on black design is quite handsome. I'll be curious to see how the black finish holds up over time (see revision below). Being a Seiko, I have a high expectation that it will stand up to the rigors of everyday use.

This is my second kinetic from this manufacturer, the other will continue as a backup watch after serving me for over 20 years.

Revised 2/1/14: I was a bit skeptical over the durability of the Black on stainless ion plate finish. I'm seeing wear in he finish and seeing areas where the base metal peaks out through the finish. This is a disappointment. I would have thought Seiko would have mastered the finish process, apparently not. I de-rated this otherwise fine watch 1 start to 4 stars overall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, June 6, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Kinetic Men's Kinetic Watch SKA555 (Watch)
This watch is great. It was sent to my home one day earlier than expected. It arrived in pristine condition. Watch is both beautiful and functional. It can be worn with casual attire or for dress. As a timekeeper it is superb. It keeps pace with the atomic clock. . It is a great watch for a very low price.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Is a Cool Looking Watch, September 26, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Kinetic Men's Kinetic Watch SKA555 (Watch)
Seiko makes good watches for the money and this one was no disappointment. The black dial with the blue accents looks really cool. It fits comfortably and stays pretty accurate for a mechanical watch. I purchased a watchw inder to go with it and rotate my watches through the winder to keep them accurate. This one is way more accurate than my much more expensive swiss watch. I am very happy with this purchase and have no criticisims to make.

4.0 out of 5 stars The watch has a great look as expected with the blue accents in various ..., July 14, 2014
This review is from: Seiko Kinetic Men's Kinetic Watch SKA555 (Watch)
The watch has a great look as expected with the blue accents in various places. Once it automatically "wound up" from initially moving it per instructions, it stays so with semi-regular wearing. I can tell why one review questioned the durability of the coating, as I have had a speck appear in one inconspicuous spot. Be careful as you read the reviews, as one Amazon customer review said that the watch automatically kept time with the automic clock in Colorado, which, it does not. Overall, I love the watch, and the appearance has been remarked about several times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Watch, May 23, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Kinetic Men's Kinetic Watch SKA555 (Watch)
Delivery was right on time and watch was new in the box just as described online. It is a beautiful watch and my boyfriend loved it. It is a bit heavy, so if you are looking for a lightweight watch this would not be the one for you. Overall great watch at a great price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch for a Great Price!!, September 14, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Kinetic Men's Kinetic Watch SKA555 (Watch)
This watch came exactly how it said it would. I got this for my boyfriend as an anniversary present and he LOVES it! He thinks the style is great, it's something that can be worn formally or casually. He loves the accent-blue on the watch and that you can see the gears of the watch underneath. He thinks it's an extremely comfortable watch. He says it's not too heavy and the band doesn't pull on the hairs on his arm. The white parts on the watch glow in the dark and he thought this was a cool aspect to the watch. Overall we are very satisfied. Honestly for such a great price for an amazing brand-Seiko, you can't pass it up. The style is even extraordinary!!

Also, if you are wanting to buy this watch and can't tell if the band of the watch is black or gunmetal, it's gunmetal. Which I think looks way better than black. I saw some pictures where the watch looked more black and in others it looked gunmetal. I was hoping it would be gunmetal. And it indeed is!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, August 1, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Kinetic Men's Kinetic Watch SKA555 (Watch)
The watch arrived the day before predicted and exceeds all my expectations. I did not expect to be able to view the inner workings on the back.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, but some scratchs, May 21, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, January 4, 2014
This review is from: Seiko Kinetic Men's Kinetic Watch SKA555 (Watch)
Got this for Christmas, love it. Great watch, everything I expected. Could not have asked for a better Christmas gift.

4.0 out of 5 stars Un gran reloj por un buen precio, February 2, 2014
This review is from: Seiko Kinetic Men's Kinetic Watch SKA555 (Watch)
Likes:
-It does have a simple and effective design.
-It is automatic, I have not noticed any significant delay in the time.
-It is a very cheap option compared with other recognized brands offering automatic watches.

Dislikes:
-The clasp seems to be weak, I would not mind pay 20 dollars more if this watch had a more robust clasp. It looks very cheap.

Recommended for:
People that just want to wear a good looking and casual watch without any pretentions to have a luxury piece.

Seiko Kinetic Men's Kinetic Watch SKA555