5.0 out of 5 stars Black Monster's little brother.
I like the bezel design on this watch more than the "Black Monster". Final selling point was the similar price. Amazing how many times I catch this watch catching someone else's eye. Watch weighs about 1/2 pound, so if your not sure if you will like a heavy watch, take a look for some of the titanium watches available from Amazon.
Published on October 17, 2008 by Eltaco

3.0 out of 5 stars Good try. Seiko has done better.....
Published on August 29, 2009 by J. Hare

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Monster's little brother., October 17, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, June 23, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's Watches Seiko 5 Sports SNZF47K1 - 2 (Watch)
The watch is very high quality for the price. The fit and finish is excellent.The automatic movement has so far been very accurate. It is not overly large and heavy. I have received many compliments about too. I have fitted it with a Seiko Z22 strap, but it does not fit perfectly. Hopefully Seiko will have a strap available that fits better. An excellent watch that I am very happy with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking watch, May 11, 2014
This review is from: Seiko Men's Watches Seiko 5 Sports SNZF47K1 - 2 (Watch)
I have several Seiko watches, and this one is a great addition. Get compliments everytime I wear it. Only downfall is that it does not have a screw down crown. I am a bit concerned about how water resistant it will be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting, but great nonetheless, June 11, 2013
Addison Bye (UNION CITY, CALIFORNIA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiko Men's Watches Seiko 5 Sports SNZF47K1 - 2 (Watch)
This watch is fantastic. If you've never owned a Seiko 5, you should know that they're high-quality and just about the best value around for an automatic watch. This is no exception. It didn't look the way I thought it would from the stock photos, but it's still a very good-looking watch. If you want a chunky watch with a tool/dive watch vibe, this is your watch.

Unfortunately, this isn't an actual dive watch; it's only rated to 100 meters water resistance, instead of 150m or 200m+ like a real dive watch. But unless you actually plan on going diving, you aren't going to notice a difference. This will handle snorkeling, swimming, watersports, etc.

The bracelet is good quality for the money, too.

If you're looking for a legitimate dive watch, the Seiko SKX series and Monster series (as well as the Orient Mako and Ray) are fantastic watches in this price range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent watch and value, April 17, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's Watches Seiko 5 Sports SNZF47K1 - 2 (Watch)
As with all things Seiko this is a great looking watch at an even better price. I highly reccommend this watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Heavy, well constructed, eye catching affordable automatic watch., June 20, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's Watches Seiko 5 Sports SNZF47K1 - 2 (Watch)
The monster series is rather popular with collectors/enthusiasts because of the affordability, and simplicity of the design.

This variation of this line under the '5' product line is a great value watch that looks and feels more expensive than it really is. Is it full featured? No, but only you will know that.

Of the 40 or so watches I own, this is probably the one that gets the most looks and complements, even from other enthusiasts.

The bezel has a good feel to it, and the weight of the case is nice on the wrist. The one complaint I would make about the watch is that it does take a pretty good kick start in the morning to get it going,a nd if you forget it will not keep good time out the door. My other complaint is the bracelet. For the price, it's of good quality and feel. That said, I just don't care for the link style/aesthetic. I would have preferred a more traditional solid link rather than the polished/brushed alternating flat link featured on this watch. Again, it's of decent quality, I just don't particularly like it and am having trouble finding a suitable replacement that will look the part.

I would definitely recommend this watch!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Looking, June 3, 2012
This review is from: Seiko Men's Watches Seiko 5 Sports SNZF47K1 - 2 (Watch)
I recently purchased this watch from another vendor, at a very good price. I like inexpensive divers, and I'm well pleased with this one. It looks good on my wrist at 42mm w/o crown.

It's a well made Seiko diver with excellent lume and good presence. I would have preferred a screw down crown and a slightly heavier bracelet, but this watch is very good value for the dollar.

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks and feels good, October 12, 2009
This review is from: Seiko Men's Watches Seiko 5 Sports SNZF47K1 - 2 (Watch)
For the money, this is a great watch. The movement keeps good time, and with its reputation, I am confident that it will run for a long time. The reason I bought this watch instead of sticking with the Wenger I had been wearing is the Wenger had a folded steel type bracelet, the two chips in the crystal showed how weak the mineral glass is, and with a stated rating of 50M water resistance, I couldn't eve feel confident in the rain. The Seiko has a much better fit and finish, every part feels hefty and solid, the bezel protects the Hardex crystal and the crystal itself is reportedly much stronger than the glass used in cheaper watches. However, I might pay a bit more for a screw-down crown and a higher rating than 100M, I feel much more confident in the ran with this watch, maybe even the shower, but I wouldn't wear it on the river. The watch I'm saving up for has all of these things, but costs $200 more.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, December 26, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's Watches Seiko 5 Sports SNZF47K1 - 2 (Watch)
Great product..looks good...works well..I am a watch person and this is a good add to my collection...will l buy again

3.0 out of 5 stars Good try. Seiko has done better....., August 29, 2009
This review is from: Seiko Men's Watches Seiko 5 Sports SNZF47K1 - 2 (Watch)
About 15 years ago I bought a Seiko dive watch. The date window had the standard magnifying glass. The numbers were all outlined in silver. IT WAS NOT AN AUTOMATIC. It did not run slow or fast but was always on time. That watch was lost 4 yrs ago. I have 2 Seiko's. I had bought another dive watch (automatic) it runs 5-6mins fast. This watch I bought 4 months ago. It runs 2-3mins slow. I have grown to hate autos. They may not need batteries but they cannot keep time. The first seiko dive watch is a 21 jewel movement. This one is a 23 jewel movement. They look nice but I also want quailty!!! Not junk... I went and bought 2 weeks ago a Russian Invicta dive watch. This IS NOT an automatic but quartz. So far it is big, bold, and it keeps time. Seiko needs to decide if it wants to go the way of Timex or start making watchs the way they did so long ago with fresh style, reliabilty, and accurate...

Seiko Men's Watches Seiko 5 Sports SNZF47K1 - 2