Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on August 30, 2012
I'm so happy to find a clock I can keep next to me when I sleep. Usually, I have to keep an alarm clock across the room, or, sometimes, in the next room -- because of the ticking. This one has been truly quiet enough to have next to me, and I also have been appreciating the luminous dial. The hour hand is easily visible throughout the night. The minute hand isn't as easy for me to see, but it hasn't been problematic. After trying one of these, I bought three more. The vendor for all four was The Watch Company, and I was happy with them. If you are troubled by clock ticking, give this a try.
on July 13, 2012
The product arrrived as promised, promptly and well packaged. So far it's working well, keeping accurate time, the alarm is loud enough to serve its purpose and the characteristics of the sound are not annoying. At first the quiet sweep second hand was totally silent, but recently it has developed a very subtle hum or purring sound which is quite dim and barely audible in a totally silent situation, but disappears if there's even the slightest environmental white noise, so it really becomes a non-issue. It doesn't have a dial night light, but then those night lights, in my experience, don't really illluminate the dial so that the hands and numbers are visible - they overpower it, and therefore serve no time-telling purpose. So the glowing hands and digits of this product's dial work much better. The size is apt for practically any space - from a desk to a small night stand - and its classic style is a good fit for just about any environment. Up till now I'm pleased with the product and it's a good replacement for my other very old and now defunct quiet sweep bedside clock. I want to think it'll last as long. So far, it's just right.
on December 7, 2012
This is the first product I've ever felt the need to write a review for.

Its ticking sound is audible, albeit a bit softer, it's still very audible. It is also very rapid sounding. It sounds like those wind-up 60 minute timers ticking down or perhaps like the timers that boardgames use. In my opinion, it's a very stressful sound, especially when you're trying to fall asleep at night. It's like its about to go off, at any minute, but it never does and it just keeps going and going and going and going.

Also to note, the build quality feels very cheap, even for $15.

I'm very dissatisfied with this product. Batteries are coming out and I hope I can send it back.
on September 17, 2012
Seemed at first to be just what I was looking for, but at night I could hear it working six feet away.
on December 9, 2012
I like this clock, it has that Seiko quiet-sweep second hand feature that is really nice. However it's really better as a desk clock than as the advertised "bedside alarm clock," since it has no light and no snooze alarm feature (it does have a regular alarm with no snooze feature). The hands do glow weakly in the dark so if you bring it up to your face you can see the time at night, but still it's not as good as having a light. If you search on Amazon some more you can find very similar Seiko quiet sweep clocks that have a light and a snooze feature. They cost a few dollars more, so this clock is really best as a low-price desk clock.
on June 4, 2013
First, I read many reviews of battery-operated quartz analog clocks on Amazon before I purchased this clock. I also took into account the size (not all clocks on Amazon give the dimensions; bad!); tried to access pictures of the back (to determine how the alarm and other features worked). I wanted one that was stable and would not tip over easily. Hopefully, I could find one that had
luminous hands that really worked.
Well, I found all of those things with this Seiko clock. It was not the most expensive Seiko, but was a good mid-range price. This clock is not too big, but is not the size of a travel alarm either. It came with the battery (who does that?), which was a nice surprise. It is quiet.....no ticking. The second hand doesn't "tick" off the seconds, but, rather, "sweeps" through the 60 seconds. The hands are truly luminous at night. The alarm feature pulls out/shuts off on the backside of the top; previous alarms had this feature on the top of the alarm, which I liked better, but I can live with this.
The clock arrived on time, per my Prime specifications. Though I've had it less than a week, I figure that it will out-last the one-
year warranty. I hope so!
on June 2, 2015
This was a great clock until the battery fell out. I owned it for about 6 months. It survived one relocation and was ticking loudly in my bathroom. I was using it as my main alarm next to my bed.

Pros: bright luminescent dial --- easy to read at night; loud alarm.
Cons: poor time piece --- lost about a minute a week; battery fell out and the backing disappeared --- battery clip apparently was poorly made.

Seiko should take their name off this clock or fix it's flaws>

If this review was helpful please add your vote.
on July 8, 2013
this is nice wxcept that the clear plastic window on the front, over the dial, is glossily reflective.. and as a result the clock has to be aligned toward the viewer in such a way as to eliminated the usual glare. it's ridiculous for the clock to make itself illegible! why make a clock with a reflective surface?
on September 23, 2014
would have given it five, but mfg should have shortened the hour hand because when both hands are in the numbers you cannot tell whether its ten minutes until two or ten minutes after ten unless you pick up the clock and look closely. alarm is not loud but I don't use it for that, I use screaming meanie for that. Otherwise and excellent clock, perfect time keeper.
on June 18, 2014
Smaller clock, but with a powerful alarm. Keeps perfect time and is very quiet. I don't hear any mechanical sound from this clock from a couple feet away. The controls are easy to use, I like the big slide button to shut the alarm on and off. Easy to find when you're groggy. The glow in the dark face works nicely. The quality is satisfactory and the battery usage is excellent. Has been running for months on its first battery.