Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now HTL

on July 10, 2013
Seiko knows how to do clocks!
1) The size is right - big enough to see easily, but not so big that it takes over the bedside table.
2) The sweep second hand means that this clock is SILENT - no annoying ticking to keep you awake
3) The night light illuminates the dial with just a push of the large top-mounted button
4) A green circle alerts you to the fact that the alarm is ON!
5) Snooze button gives you 5 minutes' extra sleep (can repeat for up to 40 minutes!)
6) Uses easy to find AA battery
on May 8, 2013
I bought this clock so I could tell time without being driven insane by the ticking of the second hands. It gets the job done and is easy to read. It even has a little button for a light so that you can fully read it in the middle of the night. But the hands do glow, so the light isn't necessary.
on February 13, 2013
This Seiko alarm clock is an excellent alarm clock, I found, using it for over a month now.
The alarm sound is a bit loud, but with a couple of tapes over the sound outlet holes toned it down to exactly the right sound level for me. And the green dot at the right upper corner lets me know easily whether the alarm is on or off (no need to double check the switch all the time).
One more special thing about this clock, the green alarm arm has its own circle of dots, so that I can much more accurately set the time exactly when I want it (other alarm clocks are more of a guess work without a smaller circle for setting the alarm time).
Besides, it makes no tick-tock sound at all (sweeping clock hand motion design), making it perfect for bedside tables.

So, all in all, this is a wonderful and reliable alarm clock for me.

On the cons side, this is not the easiest clock for reading time, the light is quite dim and makes it hard to see the time at night.

But still, I use it mainly as an alarm clock, and it serves the purpose with flying colors!
on January 15, 2014
This clock is a nice size, and during the day it is easy to see the time. I like the sweep second hand feature. The method of setting the alarm and hands of the clock is a bit awkward but again, it works. The real problem is that I wanted to be able to see this clock at night when the light/snooze button is pressed. However instead of backlighting the clock face, there is a small bulb in the upper right corner that lights up but it is close to being totally ineffective. The light only lights up that little corner of the clock and is inadequate in making the rest of the clock visible. You literally have to pick the clock up and hold it close to your face to make out what the time is at night. Overall it's a bit flimsy feeling but the basic functions work. Quite disappointed however that the night light is terrible.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 9, 2014
I use this clock at my small home workspace, set-up for doing class homework & study. Because space on my small desk is limited, I wanted something compact enough to fit comfortably on the window sill above the desk, yet large enough to read easily (my eyesight isn't what it used to be in younger years). This clock is perfect for that. Having the alarm function is very handy in helping to improve my ability to concentrate, because being able to set it for the amount of time I have available for study helps me get rid of one more worry.

Its size is too big for a travel clock, but perfect for the purpose I've put it to. For years, I had a travel clock made by Seiko which looked nearly identical to this one, but was only about 2 inches square (vs 3-1/2 inches for this one). I really loved that clock and would be using it now, except that it finally died a few years back. I've never been able to find a decent replacement for that clock, until now. I knew this clock was nearly twice the previous size when I ordered it, and had some doubts about that in the back of my mind, but I really like the larger size now.

1) Super Quiet - I like to keep a small clock on my night stand & workspace, but am extremely sensitive to the subtle 'ticking', but seriously dislike digital clocks. This sweep second hand is absolutely silent, and there is no whirring motor sound common in analogue clocks of old. I am considering getting a second one for next to my bed.
2) Good looking - very simple yet elegant looking clock face, with simple design lines ... perfectly un-distracting.
3) Keeps perfect time - have had it about 2 weeks, and have frequently checked it against my mobile phone clock during this period. It hasn't needed adjustment even a single time.
4) Alarm loudness is more than enough for my needs.
5) Snooze function is also great to have.

Cons: none that I've noticed so far, except perhaps that
1) Alarm indicator is simply a green color swatch, which becomes visible in a 'window' when the alarm switch is slid to its "on" position. When I ordered it the clock, I was under the impression that this indicator was an LED, which I really liked the idea of. It's a relatively minor disappointment for me, but perhaps not for you.
2) Battery compartment is set quite deeply into the body, and there is no battery ribbon, so removing the battery is somewhat inconvenient. When I tested this, I simply grabbed my pocket knife (in typical guy fashion! LOL): problem solved. A wooden chopstick also worked, as well as a flat head screwdriver ... just needs something thinish, yet sturdy enough to give the battery a little extra 'push'.
on September 18, 2012
Easy to read numbers & set time. Silent movement is greatly appreciated. Large enough to see numbers & light enough to pack & take on travel. Just what I was looking for in a travel alarm...runs on easy to find batteries & change them when needed. Soft light to see the time in the dark when needed but will not interfer with room darkness to sleep. Love it! Bought 3 of them to also give as gifts.
Amazon had the best price & quick shipping on this model of travel alarm clock.
on June 28, 2013
This cute little alarm clock does everything that it's supposed to do. It has a gentle alarm and a button on top to illuminate the numbers so that I can see what time it is if I wake up in the night. Perfect!
on May 4, 2015
Be really really careful about the size of this clock. As usual, i didn't take out a ruler and measure out the dimensions they give. I just went by the image which looks like a normal bedside alarm clock.Unfortunately, it isn't. It is huge. That is one problem...especially because i needed this clock as an extra one, for travelling. Next comes the alarm. It is NOT an ascending alarm. I never imagined how good a feature that is until this purchase, which has no such luxury. You are awakened cruelly. Again and again, if you use the snooze. In fact, this alarm is so jarringly awful, I don't even want to USE the snooze button. Third and finally is the noise. This is most decidedly NOT a 'silent' let alone even 'quiet' clock. I do not use it as an alarm clock anymore. Its on my desk, far away from my bed and I tell you i can STILL hear it... and it took me a couple of days before I figured out that this strange sound -- something between the automatic sprinklers running in the early mornig and a toilet that just won't finish its flushing -- was actually coming from this clock. Believe me, in the dead of the night, its enough to wake you up. At this point I'm thinking I will never ever look into a seiko purchase again. I can't return it because it was brought to me whilst I was (and still am) abroad... too much time has passed; too much trouble to send from abroad. B.U.M.M.E.R!!!
on August 29, 2013
Works very well, A few shortcoming. First it is a lot thicker than I thought...should have look into the dimension before. Second the battery comes off easily and it occurred when I accidentally knock the alarm clock at the edge of the table. And it wasn't that hard. Third, the finishing looks like of cheap. But it works as advertised and it is really very quiet. And the alarm is pretty loud without sounding like a fire engine. Love it though.
on November 19, 2013
lights broke after a few months and were not bright enough when they did work. I bought an Elgin 3675E Battery-Operated Analog Alarm Clock fro Amazon at the same time and really like it a lot better plus it still works.