5.0 out of 5 stars Great portable clock
I wanted a simple reliable battery operated clock that would light up with a tap of a finger. This clock fits the bill. Most luminous dials fade out within a couple of hours. Hard to find a clock with a top button touch light.
Published 10 months ago by KG1

1.0 out of 5 stars So disappointed, for the price!
Published 2 months ago by KDelphi

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great portable clock, August 15, 2013
KG1 (Rockingham, VT) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps great time (so far!), October 2, 2013
This review is from: Seiko QHK023SLH Bedside Alarm Clock (Watch)
This is a basic, no frills alarm clock. It's quiet, the numbers have a soft glow at night, the light & snooze works & the alarm has woken me on time in the few weeks I've owned it. You do have to pick up the clock to shut off the alarm in the back and set it at night with the switch on the back. Set the time clockwise, set the alarm COUNTER clockwise like the instructions say. I think a few people had a problem with that. It is loud for my needs, you can hear it in the next room over, unless your room is huge maybe. I plan on painting the sides to match my room when I redecorate, since I couldn't find a "pretty" and reasonably priced clock that had these functions. A good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, handsome, solid clock, December 6, 2013
TechJunkie (Chicago, Ill. USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiko QHK023SLH Bedside Alarm Clock (Watch)
Plastic can either look and feel cheap and flimsy or it can accent controls, etc., in a luxury automobile. This clock falls into latter category and for the price that makes it a great buy. It's keeping perfect time so far but have only had it a few days so time will tell. My nightstand clock "test" has always been can I tell what time it is without putting on my glasses. I can. The only less than stellar function is the night light by pushing down on the top of clock. It makes the clock face readable but the lighting is somewhat cheesy and I've seen better. But again, not for the price. And it's Amazon prime, so there.

1.0 out of 5 stars So disappointed, for the price!, April 18, 2014
This review is from: Seiko QHK023SLH Bedside Alarm Clock (Watch)
I decided not to get the cheapest one, as I have a very cheap one that cannot be relied upon. I have a chronic illness, so, like the other reviewer, I must wake up at odd times and need something I can count on, that I can see clearly in the dark, etc With the Seiko brand and the fairly high price tag (for a plastic clock, no digital, which is what I wanted), I figured it must be pretty nice...well, its not....It is poorly designed (the battery opening is just laughable), the piece is VERY lightweight, it is not attractive and the button for setting time and alarm are ridiculously small....yes, yes, made and designed in China, it is becoming a cliche'...if I were a Chinese-owned company, I would want to change that stereotype...Seiko has decided not to do so , apparently--so now I have to go to some dept. store before i leave for out of state horrible med treatment, because Seiko wanted to save a few pennies--I wont forget it. I am not being melodramatic, just tired of being ripped off and they assume you wont return it because of the cost...Amazon, check yourself, before you wreck yourself

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet, big and non intrusive, March 5, 2014
This review is from: Seiko QHK023SLH Bedside Alarm Clock (Watch)
It took a bit of research to find the right clock that didn't loudly remind me of what time it was during the night. You cannot hear the tick, tick, tick sound and I like that. The dial minimally glows but then it's simple to push the top button to illuminate the dial and remind you of the time during the night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright luminescent dial readable all night., December 17, 2013
- Keeps good time.
- Decent-sized clock face, not small or travel-size....
- Bright luminescent hands and dial stay readable all night (as long as they've been exposed to some light beforehand). (We haven't even used the powered light this clock is equipped with.)
- Alarm is the institutional in-your-skull type, not the sweet little chirpy thing you might want. This one will wake the dead. If you are a heavy sleeper but want to keep your job, this one is for you.
- If placed close by, you might be able to hear a slightly audible sound (gear movement or a vibrating coil??), especially if the clock is resting on a hard surface like your bedside table....

The noise thing depends in part on who's listening. You might be someone like me, with tinnitis, that isn't going to be bothered. You might be an insomniac or neurotic looking for things to blame .... Or you might be a younger person with good hearing or a light sleeper. What you can do is this: Stick some "feet" made with adhesive sponge rubber weatherstrip (Frost King brand) on the bottom of this clock. End of noise source. Or, simply place the clock on a soft surface to begin with....

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing a Part?, May 15, 2014
This review is from: Seiko QHK023SLH Bedside Alarm Clock (Watch)
I really like the clock itself. I'm not using it as an alarm, simply as a window sill clock. I think it came with a part missing per the drawing in the instructions, an extra dial around the knob to change the time? If not, the knob is too tiny to move the hands! I struggled and eventually managed, but not without a lot of finger pain. I won't look fwd to changing the hands again it once we get off daylight savings. I'll probably return it but wish I could find out for sure if that part is missing or not because if it comes that way, I'd rather have another clock.

3.0 out of 5 stars For us, it is TOO LOUD!, April 14, 2014
Hannah (East Hampton, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiko QHK023SLH Bedside Alarm Clock (Watch)
This is a nice little clock, easy to see, with a glow light feature, and runs quietly most of the time -- but the alarm is way too loud for us, and the button to turn it off is on the back and a little hard to find (the snooze alarm is on the top and works well, but it has to be shut off completely or it starts up again). It is like the sound of those old wind-up alarm clocks with two bells at the top. If you need a loud alarm, maybe you'd like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice design & SILENT, April 6, 2014
Jamie B. (Milwaukee, WI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiko QHK023SLH Bedside Alarm Clock (Watch)
I've only had this clock for a few weeks, but so far it's working great. Nice design, numbers really glow in the dark, and it's easy to set up. The second hand moves in a continuous circle, not the "tick, tick" motion with most clocks. This makes it completely SILENT. The only thing I might change is the material and/or weight of the item. It's still nice looking, but it's made entirely of plastic, not metal or glass.

4.0 out of 5 stars The clock works perfectly, March 4, 2014
This review is from: Seiko QHK023SLH Bedside Alarm Clock (Watch)
but it ticks. We needed a clock outside on our porch so we'd know when to go inside, the only thing was, it ticked. We had to place it way across the porch and even then when it was real quiet, it ticked

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›