Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on August 15, 2013
I wanted a simple reliable battery operated clock that would light up with a tap of a finger. This clock fits the bill. Most luminous dials fade out within a couple of hours. Hard to find a clock with a top button touch light.
on October 2, 2013
This is a basic, no frills alarm clock. It's quiet, the numbers have a soft glow at night, the light & snooze works & the alarm has woken me on time in the few weeks I've owned it. You do have to pick up the clock to shut off the alarm in the back and set it at night with the switch on the back. Set the time clockwise, set the alarm COUNTER clockwise like the instructions say. I think a few people had a problem with that. It is loud for my needs, you can hear it in the next room over, unless your room is huge maybe. I plan on painting the sides to match my room when I redecorate, since I couldn't find a "pretty" and reasonably priced clock that had these functions. A good buy.
on March 5, 2014
It took a bit of research to find the right clock that didn't loudly remind me of what time it was during the night. You cannot hear the tick, tick, tick sound and I like that. The dial minimally glows but then it's simple to push the top button to illuminate the dial and remind you of the time during the night.
on April 18, 2014
I decided not to get the cheapest one, as I have a very cheap one that cannot be relied upon. I have a chronic illness, so, like the other reviewer, I must wake up at odd times and need something I can count on, that I can see clearly in the dark, etc With the Seiko brand and the fairly high price tag (for a plastic clock, no digital, which is what I wanted), I figured it must be pretty nice...well, its not....It is poorly designed (the battery opening is just laughable), the piece is VERY lightweight, it is not attractive and the button for setting time and alarm are ridiculously small....yes, yes, made and designed in China, it is becoming a cliche'...if I were a Chinese-owned company, I would want to change that stereotype...Seiko has decided not to do so , apparently--so now I have to go to some dept. store before i leave for out of state horrible med treatment, because Seiko wanted to save a few pennies--I wont forget it. I am not being melodramatic, just tired of being ripped off and they assume you wont return it because of the cost...Amazon, check yourself, before you wreck yourself
on December 6, 2013
Plastic can either look and feel cheap and flimsy or it can accent controls, etc., in a luxury automobile. This clock falls into latter category and for the price that makes it a great buy. It's keeping perfect time so far but have only had it a few days so time will tell. My nightstand clock "test" has always been can I tell what time it is without putting on my glasses. I can. The only less than stellar function is the night light by pushing down on the top of clock. It makes the clock face readable but the lighting is somewhat cheesy and I've seen better. But again, not for the price. And it's Amazon prime, so there.
on April 14, 2014
This is a nice little clock, easy to see, with a glow light feature, and runs quietly most of the time -- but the alarm is way too loud for us, and the button to turn it off is on the back and a little hard to find (the snooze alarm is on the top and works well, but it has to be shut off completely or it starts up again). It is like the sound of those old wind-up alarm clocks with two bells at the top. If you need a loud alarm, maybe you'd like it.
on February 18, 2016
Overall, very satisfied with this product. It has the quiet sweep hand technology and keeps good time. The Glow on the hands and numbers lasts for hours and hours, allowing the time to be visible almost the entire night, but not too bright that It will bother you while you sleep. After having it for a few months, there was an incident where it started making an odd noise, almost like ticking of the seconds hand, which wasn't supposed to happen, but it went away after a few hours. I do not use the alarm function, but I have read that it is located on the back of the clock and difficult to reach. Also, the alarm is supposedly very loud, but read the other reviews for a better analysis on the alarm. As a standard clock, it works wonders. Overall, for the price and the style, I would recommend this product.
on March 15, 2015
Great Small Clock with Loud Alarm

I have a few of these, bought from Amazon.
Some more than a year ago.
What I like a lot: they don't make a "ticking"
sound; they light up nicely when you press the
snooze button on top, they operate on a AA
battery or two - I forgot because it's been ages
since I've changed the batteries.
Also, they have an ear-splitting alarm that sounds
just like a bell alarm clock. Very loud and runs on
and on for about 20 minutes before turning itself
off to maintain battery life.

A small - medium sized powerhouse of an alarm
that _will_ wake you up. Reasonably good looking
and an overall great value.

zxt/31514
on January 3, 2016
I ordered this for my grandmother who is in a nursing home (they only allow battery powered clocks). This is a simple, vintage looking alarm clock. The size is nice for an end table or nightstand, and seems durable enough to survive a drop- which is a plus in this situation.

The one thing that could be improved is the diffusion of light when you press the top. The light makes the face easily legible, but does not flood it as well is it could if the bulb was frosted or scattered by way of a lens.
on March 4, 2014
but it ticks. We needed a clock outside on our porch so we'd know when to go inside, the only thing was, it ticked. We had to place it way across the porch and even then when it was real quiet, it ticked

See 1 answered question