4.0 out of 5 stars tick tock
I'm on a mission to find a clock that looks nice, keeps time and does NOT tick audibly. This gets 2 of 3. It keeps time. It has a nice look as the numbers cast a shadow on the surface below. However, it does tick loudly enough to hear in a quiet room. I use this in a quiet office so it does seem too loud. I'm hoping it will be fine in a more busy/noisy area.
Published on July 4, 2011 by Emily H

2.0 out of 5 stars Seiko R-Wave Wall Clock
Published on January 28, 2012 by Karen M. Arlington, VA

4.0 out of 5 stars tick tock, July 4, 2011

2.0 out of 5 stars Seiko R-Wave Wall Clock, January 28, 2012
The clock has a black plastic frame with a silver face. The numbers are printed on the clear plastic that overlays the silver face. The silver face is bowl shaped. This results in shadowing of the numbers when viewed at an angle. Bottom line, you can't read the clock unless you are looking at it straight on. We bought it for our lobby and it doesn't work. Otherwise, the radio portion of the clock works well and set itself within 5 minutes of putting the battery in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko R-Wave Wall Clock, November 11, 2012
Claydog in Cowtown (Fort Worth, TX United States) - See all my reviews
Nice clock from Seiko. Since we do not receive radio waves in the interior of the house, we had to place the clock near a window to set it. Put the included battery in, set the clock near a window, and let it do its own thing overnight. So far we have had no problems. Can recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars worst clock ever, November 22, 2013
Daryl Edelstein (NEW YORK, NY, US) - See all my reviews
the worst clock ever .. never did correctly tell time, no matter where we hung it it never seemed to properly connect to the signal it was supposed to in order to set the time and it was nearly impossble to set the time manually

2.0 out of 5 stars I've always had good results with their products, November 17, 2014
Clock arrived as stated. It was shipped promptly. After unpackaging it and following manufactures directions on how to set it up, it didn't work. I tried a different battery and to no avail. I contacted Amazon about the problem and they gave me return proceedures without any complications. The overall transaction went well except for the fact, the clock didn't work, which was supprising for Seiko brand. I've always had good results with their products.

4.0 out of 5 stars Third time was the charm, December 19, 2014
The third one works very well! Too bad it took two duds to get a working one. The first one would decide on a random time, the second one never moved at all. The third one set self correctly within 3 minutes. It is a stunning design though, and probably better than most other brands. The shadows created by the "floating" numbers make this clock adapt to any environment. Hopefully you get a good one the first time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko R Wave clock., July 30, 2014
First clock came to me broken. I contacted Amazon and they shipped a brand new one overnight. Just a testament to amazons customer service. About the clock it's a very nice simple design that works really well. Put the batteries in and it sets itself. I enjoy the fact that I don't have to worry about it keeping track if time accurately which I was always checking when I had an old lame battery powered one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 11, 2014
good as I expected

4.0 out of 5 stars Great deal, June 24, 2014
The clock is plastic, but it looks fine up on the wall. It's very easy to read. Its also really nice not to have to worry about daylight savings with the R-Wave feature.

5.0 out of 5 stars The church needed a clearly visible clock., June 15, 2014
Too much money and effort wasted on multiple cheap clocks on the back wall of our sanctuary at church. I decided to get a good visible clock easily seen from a distance and accurate. This is worth the money.

Seiko QXR131SLH 12.25-in. Wall Clock