Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on July 19, 2006
I've owned mostly Seiko's since 1971 when I bought my first one in Hong Kong. It was an automatic and lasted 5 years, till I dropped it. My latest did the same. This titanium is the best of them all. Light, clean, accurate, and prety thin. Very easy to read in bad light with these tired eyes. To take out a link on the band, all you need is an ice pick or similar. Undo the band pin, and put the watch on a towel. Put the tip of the pick in the depression, and push hard following the arrows on the band. It will come out slowly, and you can snatch it out. After that, put it back together, and adjust the fine tune using the holes in the clasp. Not too hard if you're strong enough.

I normally don't buy battery watches because I hate to get a new battery and all the hassle. With this 5 year life, though, it should be ok. The increased accuracy, thinness, and reduced weight, makes it worth it to me. BTW, titanium is much tougher than SS, and won't scratch as easily. It looks better, and weighs less. Highly satisfied with this watch! (I hate all the monster watches now being sold to the kiddies).
22 comments|122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 21, 2005
Every Seiko I have ever owned has been extremely reliable. The big difference here is the weight. The titanium makes the watch very light. Simple to set, it keeps time perfectly. Looks expensive, but you know better. Highly recommended!
11 comment|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 8, 2005
I bought this watch at an auction site and when it was delivered I thought the box was empty because the watch is so lightweight. I own many watches, including a Kinetic Seiko, and this titanium beauty ranks near the top. Only my Rolex Datejust is nicer looking than this timepiece.

It is very easy to set the day, date and time and the accuracy is unbeatable. I highly suggest this watch for you or to buy as a gift. The Seiko website lists the suggested price at $395, so Amazon is giving you a nice bargain at the current price.
on July 10, 2008
I am happy with my purchase. The watch is thin as stated and appears to keep good time. The band isn't as good as what I have had with other watches but then again those watches cost more then this watch. Over all I think it is a good watch and I would recommend it but I would not buy the watch band pin remover recommended for this watch. The band remover does not work with this type of band.
on January 20, 2007
I was turned onto this watch based on the stellar reviews here on Amazon. I purchased one a few months ago and it met my expectations perfectly. The face is a very very dark blue which only comes out when light is reflecting on it, and the titanium makes the whole watch very attractive and light. The one thing that was a little surprising to me was that when worn at certain angles in quiet rooms... the tick, tock, tick, tock is quite pronounced. I don't consider that to be a good thing or a bad thing, it's just something to be aware of.

Regarding service! For some reason the hook connecting the wristband to the watch bent out... and bending it back in only made it weaker until it snapped off. I think what started this was catching my watch on something ... anyways, I contacted the support division and they offered to send me out a new wristband immediately at no cost. You can't beat that service.
on September 3, 2008
This is a very practical, reasonably-priced wath. Craftmanship exceeded my expectation and has deadly accurate time keeping. The dark-blue face accompanied by highly polished hour marks almost makes this watch a piece of jewlery. I ordered this watch from this vendor and it came very well packaged, including a fancy giftbox with a watch pillow, watch tag, warranty card, user manual, membership card, and a card from Amazon on how to maintain the watch which also explains how to return this watch. Watch feels very light weight from the Titanium material. There are some inconveniences. The Titanium material scratches more easily than stainless steel. Adjusting the length of the bracelet is hard if you do not know what you are doing. This bracelet is a pinless design which requires a bit of skill to adjust. Despite these inconveniences there are no obvious flaws to the watch itself. This is a very reliable watch that you can trust on, and I have to say that Seiko made one heck of a great product that has exceeded my expectations.
on August 5, 2008
I have owned this model watch for over 10 years. Mine has a gray dial rather than blue but is the same watch. I rarely ever remove the watch and the crystal is becoming scratched. It is light to wear, perfectly accurate and very durable. Mine is looking a little tacky and was looking for something similar, and I was surprised to see it is still available. I highly recommend it.
on January 3, 2007
This watch replaces a Seiko that I have had for over 20 years. The first Seiko was used for work and as an electrician I was not kind to it. The crystal never broke and the movement was subjected to vibration from percussion drills, jackhammers etc. All it ever needed was an occasional battery replacement. The new watch "titanium" is slimmer and the dial is easier to read. Also the luminescent dial is very bright in the dark. Not a lot of frills on this watch but it keeps great time and is very nice looking. I'll report on its' reliability in 20 years or so.
on May 22, 2010
I've owned Seiko watches since 1974, and I've never been disappointed. While this watch is not an exception, so to speak, it is not of the quality of the watches I have owned in the past. While Seiko is a good value, inexpensive, this watch seems to be lacking somewhat in material workmanship. The band is a noticeably less quality than the watches I have owned in the past. Whether this is due to the difficulties stemming from the recent economy, I can not say for sure.

Overall it is a good watch and I would probably buy it again becuase I'm not going to pay $400 or more for a wrist watch, and this watch does serve the purpose. It fills a nitch that other watch companies don't seem to be interested in.
review image
on March 23, 2007
I've had this product for just over a month, and it is by the far the best watch I've ever worn. Not too flashy, excellent with a suit. Five stars.