5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Watch - updated
Published on May 5, 2008 by AJ

2.0 out of 5 stars Band doesn't hold up well
First, let me say that I do like the watch face itself and viewing my wrist from above everything looks fantastic! BUT, flip over my wrist and the band and clasp are heavily scratched and the paint has worn off, and let me point out that I'm actually fairly careful not to rest my wrist on my laptop because I don't want to scratch the laptop.

I could understand...
Published on April 3, 2012 by Wayne

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Watch - updated, May 5, 2008
This review is from: Seiko Men's SGG788 Watch (Watch)
My husband is very happy with this Seiko watch. It's somewhat heavy on his wrist but he likes that quality. He's gotten quite a few compliments on the watch with its distinctive looks with the bright gold band and black face. Amazon's price was fantastic! The only downfall was that we had to pay to have links removed from the band but that's to be expected with an internet purchase.

Update 02/04/10 - I'm happy to report that my husband is still very satisfied with this purchase. The watch remains good looking and works perfectly. For mid-priced watches, Seiko has a wonderful selection of good-looking, long-lasting pieces.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like this watch, February 5, 2009
Boston Techie "BT" (Boston, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiko Men's SGG788 Watch (Watch)
The watch looks great and keeps accurate time. It is larger than many men's watches and is on the heavy side. These are plusses in my opinion, but these attributes might not be for everyone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Band doesn't hold up well, April 3, 2012
This review is from: Seiko Men's SGG788 Watch (Watch)

I could understand all this happening over the course of a year or two, but I've only been wearing the watch for about 2 weeks. So, I'll give the watch face a 5 out of 5 review, but the band a 1 out of 5.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seiko watch, April 18, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's SGG788 Watch (Watch)
Great value for the price. As others reviews have said, somewhat large, but my husband is 6' 7" so it works. Came with the time set & battery working. Will see how the band/stem hold up over time. He's wearing it for dress, as he has a great 10? yr old silver/gold Seiko that still looks great ( a few crystals replaced). I think it will work well for him. He could really care less about jewelry, but he likes this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for the price, March 3, 2012
This review is from: Seiko Men's SGG788 Watch (Watch)
I needed a substitute when my expensive Swiss watch was in for repair. I also needed a day dial in addition to a date dial as, since I've retired, I have trouble telling what day of the week it is (really). This watch has filled the bill excellently and has the look of a much more expensive watch. When I tell my friends what I paid, they're amazed, not to mention my local jeweler who sells the identical watch for $235.00! It keeps excellent time and can be worn as a dress watch. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Looking Watch, June 24, 2012
This review is from: Seiko Men's SGG788 Watch (Watch)
I wear a Timex watch when I work in the yard or playing sports activities, however I wanted a wrist watch that showed some class and kept good time when I go to work and nights out.

Wow, after reviewing hundreds of watches on the internet, Amazon came up with a "deal" I could not pass up. This Seiko Men's SGG788 Watch is a real looker and feels great on the wrist. I had to to shorten the wrist band and the local Seiko Dealer welcomed the work. What I found out was that the watch I purchased was well under the local Seiko Dealers price, about 68% less, and of course I did not reveal to them how much I paid.

The only problem I have with the watch is the band. It fits great, but it scratches easily and discolors when the band comes in contact with counter tops. The watch is completely the opposite, it retains its shine and does not show wear at all. Bottom line, I can always replace the band with a another one. However, the discoloring is on the bottom side of the band and it is not noticed until you rotate your wrist.

Watch looks and keeps acurate time, get a lot of "nice watch" from customers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Design, June 19, 2010
This review is from: Seiko Men's SGG788 Watch (Watch)
Have had multiple problems with the stem sliding out. When that happens the watch stops. It occurs when a cuff rubs against the watch. I sent it in to Seiko for repair once and it came back with the same problem. It is a poor substitute for my former Seiko that was about 30 years old. I wish I could get my money back.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY HAPPY, April 18, 2008
Tom A. Monaco (santa fe, new mexico) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiko Men's SGG788 Watch (Watch)
I SAVED MONEY, DELIVERY WAS PROMPT, PRODUCT WAS AS ADVERTISED, VERY, VERY PLEASED, NO COMPLAINTS WHATSOEVER !!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Seiko Watch, September 29, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's SGG788 Watch (Watch)
I've owned a few Seiko watches over the years and that's why I keep going back to them when it's time for a new watch. They offer the best bang for your buck. This watch is very nice, sturdy and very well made. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is the color. I bought this based on the pics at Amazon and the gold color is very "muted" if you will. It's not nearly as bright and yellow-goldish the pic makes it out to be. Don't be fooled by the stock photographs. Try and find some actual photographs of this watch and you'll see what I mean.

4.0 out of 5 stars I Like it, June 26, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's SGG788 Watch (Watch)
I've always liked the looks of Seiko's and saw this and the price was right. I wanted the Quartz because I don't particularly like the self winding. The only negative is that the "Gold" finish is rubbing off the watch band, but that isn't a deal breaker, I can always get a new band later. So Far, I'm pleased it seems to be keeping very accurate time and it's easy to read, especially, the Day/Date.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›