Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Deal of the Day

on June 12, 2009
I was looking for a diver watch, and didn't really get a great sense for the products out there. Invicta was one brand I had purchased, and i was quite unhappy with the quality (the bezel was hard to turn, the crown was clunky). Anyhow, with few reviews of this Kinetic Diver, I decided to bite the bullet and buy it.
IT has been the best watch purchase i've made. This is a quality, rugged and elegant piece. It is so resilient, that inspite of bumping it around - it has not one scratch! The bezel moves like silk, and the fact that its kinetic adds to the cool factor.
The rubber/polyurethane strap is extremely comfortable and supple (unlike other rubber straps I've seen).
This is a great watch to have - especially if you like divers. the only gripe i have is that Seiko doesnt seem to have great accessories (So i am having a hard time finding a steel bracelet for it to swap out).
on October 30, 2009
I checked out many dive watches for: style, price, size, quality, reliability, and just plain good looks. I settled on The Seiko Adventure Kinetic Diver's Watch.
I have had Seikos and Seiko Kinetic watches before. I know they are nice watches but the Kinetic system particularly offers better performance over Automatics.
This watch arrived yesterday so my short term review is: The Adventure Kinetic looks really good in person, has nice build quality, seems accurate, the rubber band is comfortable on MY wrist, and for the price I paid makes for a good deal.
With Seiko you get what you pay for. Is this watch "better" than an Omega Diver's watch or a Tag Diver maybe not. But for a watch that keeps time well, has classic good looks and is affordable the Seiko beats them hands down.
on March 7, 2011
This watch looks great, never needs winding, and is a great weight. I have had other automatic watches that didn't work for me -- I take my watch off when I'm working at my desk so they don't always get enough "activity" to stay wound, but it's not a problem with this watch. I travel a lot, and one of the things I like about this watch is that it is dead simple. Easy to change time zones without messing up a bunch of settings.

I recently lost this watch and found it again after I did my laundry. So, I can safely say it is washing machinr resistant -- no ill effects after a strenuous trip through the heavy duty cycle. And it got really shiny.

Please note that this is essentially the same watch as the Seiko SKA427P2 which is anout $30 cheaper. They are identical except for the case color, and I actually think the SKA427P2 looks a little classier. Just don't by it from bluedial watches -- they don't answer e-mails or provide any support.
on May 31, 2011
I love this watch! I was looking for a Seiko divers watch but I was torn on whether to go for Kinetic or Automatic. I fell in love with this watch and knew I was getting it. As I was making my decision I also really really liked the Black Monster Automatic. So, what the heck, you only live once... I bought both of them!! For the Black Monster I chose the stainless steel bracelet... For now. It was a better deal than purchasing it later... But anyway back to this watch. I don't feel like it's too large at all. Some people talk about it's size and weight. I have fairly small wrists but it looks great and I get compliments all the time. The one thing I really like about this one over the automatic is I can set it down for days (actually months) and it still has the correct time, as opposed to the automatic holding time for a couple of days. I'm not a diver, but I will certainly swim with it in both pools and the ocean. Value for the money is tremendous. I have a Rolex Submariner, it's currently collecting dust whole I wear these watches. I have always loved Seiko and they really did a great job on both of these time pieces.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 4, 2011
I own probably two dozen watches from cheapos to mid-range Tag's. This Seiko is solid, large (and heavy), and perfectly constructed. A masculine dive watch if there ever was one. Now my other watches sit idle.

Note that I have medium wrists, and this thing spans my entire wristbone, so be prepared. Also wish the date window had the "bubble", but that's probably because my eyes are not what they used to be.

The markers are very bright, but don't seem to last that long. They do recharge quickly. Accuracy seems to be very good.

I highly recommend this watch, and Amazon had it for a great price.
on November 26, 2010
I've had the watch for 2 months and it appears to be living up to the highest performance standards of a Seiko product. Attractive, durable, keeps excellent time.
on January 8, 2013
I've owned two seiko diver automatics. My last automatic just died and I needed another dive watch. I loved the Seiko quality, but wanted a watch with more accuracy than the automatics could provide. After looking at many different watches and reviews, I found a review of the seiko diver kinetic. I read hundereds of reviews and looked up everything I could find on the different kinetic watches out there.
Mine is the Seiko 5M62 and is the finest watch I've ever owned. Extremely accurate, tough, and looks great. The bezel operates very smoothly, and a very nice feature is the ability to stop the second hand when syncing to a time reference. I've had this watch for a week and it is still right on to the second with a time reference I use on the internet! VERY PLEASED with my purchase!
on February 9, 2012
This is a great watch. It looks better on the wrist than in pictures. The band is very comfortable. The quality is fantastic and this looks like a more expensive watch than it is. It can easily be mistaken for a higher end watch. The kinetic drive is a great idea. It can stay charged for months and go many years without going back to the shop for service and you get quartz accuracy. I like it so much I will probably also buy the other model with a steel bracelet as a dress watch. No regrets on this purchase. Update: I did two dive in Puerto Rico at about 30 meters maximum depth. It performed flawlessly. I have been wearing it everyday for about 4 months and it does not have a scratch on it although I am not carefully with it. I like this watch better everytime I put it on. A steal at the price I paid.
on November 15, 2014
Having been a dedicated Seiko customer since 1970, I'm very disappointed with the quality of my current Seiko. In fact I still have 2 of the 3 Seikos I have bought since 1970.

I have liked every Seiko whine tic watch I have ever owned because of its very luminous phosphorous minute and hour hands that were very easy to read time no matter the level of darkness.

It's obvious Seiko has cut done on the quality of this model since it is now very hard to tell time in low level darkness and it is not truly Kinetic as my previous older models since this ideal also Quartz.

When I say quality has been cut, I mean the prospheric used material used on the minute and hour hands on my current watch were sparing applied. Before they were coated with the whole length. Now there is merely a spec on each hand that makes it impossible to read at night.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck with the purchase and will have to resort to my Timex watch I keep on the nightstand.
on June 16, 2015
This is one of highly-regarded Seiko SKA series of kinetic quartz movement watches, which have been dubbed the “BFK” (Big Frickin’ Kinetic) by watch enthusiasts. When this line of watches first came out in the early 2000s, the kinetic mechanism charged a capacitor which unfortunately experienced numerous premature failures. Seiko changed the capacitor out for a rechargeable lithium ion battery that is claimed to have a twenty year life. Whether that is true or not, owners need to be prepared to have the battery replaced at some point in the watch’s lifetime. Another quirk of the system is the owner needs to insure that the battery never goes completely dead because of inactivity, as it significantly shortens the battery’s life. This can be avoided by making sure to wear the watch at least a few days every month. You can also the exercise the kinetic mechanism by gently swinging the watch back and forth in front of you for five to ten minutes, something that can be done when you’re on a phone call or watching TV. It’s kind of fun and insures that your battery has some charge added to it.

My watch was running when I took it out of the box for the first time. You can check the level of charge by pushing the button above the crown as the second hand sweeps past Twelve o’clock. If the second hand moves to one o’clock, you have between one and seven days’ worth of charge. If it moves to two o’clock, it has between one week and one month’s charge. At four o’clock you have one month of charge, and at six o’clock you have between four and six months’ worth of charge. My watch had the first level of charge (one o’clock) so I immediately wore it for a day which brought it up to the two o’clock charge level. More occasional wear and a few minutes of occasional shaking has brought my watch to the Four o’clock charge position, which is just fine for me as I can now wear this watch in a regular rotation with others without worrying about it too much.

This is a handsome diver’s watch with a classic black face and bezel with silver “skeleton” hands, slightly greenish luminous indices with chrome surround, and a black date window with white numerals. It is somewhat thick at 14 mm, but the lugs curve slightly downwards so it sits on my 7 ¼” wrist comfortably enough to be able to wear with a long-sleeved shirt or jacket. One might get the impression that with a nickname of BFK that this watch is enormous, but in reality it isn’t any bigger than my Seiko SRP Monsters and less bulky than my Seiko SSC031 solar chronograph or my seventeen-year-old Casio G-Shock. It doesn’t feel heavy in everyday use. The criticism of the lack of lume on the hands due to the open skeleton design is valid as they are harder to make out in the dark than a watch with fully-lumed hands, although Seiko’s luminous paint still is some of the best in the business and lasts for many hours. Bezel action is secure and nicely ratcheted.

As a rule I don’t care for metal watch bands and actually prefer the Seiko OEM rubber straps. I feel that the one that comes with this version of the BFK is the best of them all. It comes pre-curved right out of the box and complements the looks of the watch very nicely. It fits comfortably and the clasp hardware is nicely finished. The drilled lugs make it easy to pop off the rubber strap and add an aftermarket NATO or leather band if so desired.

So, how do I like the watch in overall? I think it’s fantastic! This watch’s reputation for ruggedness is legendary – matching and in some areas surpassing G-Shock levels of toughness. In the month that I’ve owned it, it has gained one second. If I had to choose only one watch from my collection to keep, it would be this one. It looks great, is tough as nails, has a charging system that should last a decade or more without the need for a battery replacement, has excellent quartz accuracy, and feels very comfortable on the wrist. Add in a relatively inexpensive price and you have a really nice combination of style, performance, and utility. Highly recommended.