Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Seiko Men's SKA475P1 Silver Dial Kinetic Stainless Steel Watch
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on February 15, 2012
This is my second Seiko Kinetic watch. The first lasted 12 years. (It needs to be repaired, so it might live again.) I also have a traditional Seiko that is over 20 years old and ticking away. I bought this Seiko Kinetic 6 months ago. I needed a stylish but simple, not too-big, not too-small watch for business. Something that fits under a dress shirt cuff. If you've never had a Kinetic, you're in for a treat. Goodbye watch batteries. I only wear this watch 3-4 times a week. It never stops. The time never needs adjusting.This watch has a quality band that should last for a long time. The crystal on both my old Kinetic and this one doesn't get scratched. Don't pay attention to the list prices for watches. It should be pretty easy to get this for around $100. The only thing you might want to take note of is whether you're buying from an authorized re-seller for the Seiko warranty. But I didn't. I've always felt comfortable with Seiko quality.
on April 27, 2012
I purchased this Seiko as I wanted a nice looking stainless steel banded watch to wear to work. This watch fits that bill perfectly - the face is clean, easily read but looks more sophisticated then the price tag would have you believe. The Kinetic function is also nice to have.

I'd recommend this watch if you are looking for a classy-ish white face steel Seiko.

Cheers,
JFE
on September 3, 2013
I should have thought about the kenetic part of this watch because I have multiple watches and don't wear any of them consistently. After a while this watch dies and when you restart it, the watch keeps terrible time until it has a decent charge again.

Otherwise it's a nice watch and not too big like most of the junk being manufactured these days.
on March 26, 2014
Seiko is probably the best value out there for watches in this price range. If you don't find what you like in a store, go online as most of their best offerings are not in the stores in the USA.

This model is the perfect size, not too big not too small. The Kinetic technology holds a charge for a long time if you wear the watch regularly. If you don't, you will have to move it around with your arm to charge it when you first put it on, similar to the way that you would have to "wind" an automatic if you let it sit. It is no big deal and it springs back to life right away.

The lume is above average (as most Seiko are) and will keep lit enough for you to read the watch overnight if you have been wearing it all day. Color is a creamy silvery if that makes sense. I took mine off the bracelet and it looks great. They also sell a model that is not of the bracelet but with a leather strap.
on April 7, 2015
Excellent watch! The dial face is better looking in person than any photo could reveal. It has a silver sheen to it and the tapered bezel minute marker ring ties the dial face into the watch case perfectly. I paired the SKA475 with a Strapsco Burgundy Pebbled Leather Watch Band w/ White Stitching (size 20mm). This totally transformed the look of the watch and really pulled out the dark red color of the seconds hand tip. Highly recommended strap.

When I first received the watch, I gave it a gentle shaking for about 5 minutes to get a charge going. After putting on the watch, I simply wore it for a week to get the kinetic charge gauge to move up two positions.

The date window is located farther to the outside of the dial than many watches have (right over the 3 O'clock). This results in seiko using a larger date window that is easier to see. I've noticed this 'feature' on many of the kinetic watches. My wrist size is 7.5" and the metal bracelet that comes with the watch fit without taking any links out. The only adjustment I did was move the micro-adjustment pin on the clasp one notch in. With the Strapsco burgundy leather band, I was on the second to the last hole. The watch is 40mm diameter and goes well with my wrist size.

Finally, the lume on the hands and hour markers is very bright after a 10 second light charge. It stays well illuminated for several hours afterwards.

Pair this watch with a good leather strap and it's a looker.
review image review image
on May 28, 2014
I've owned this watch for 2 years and have not needed to reset the time except for day-light savings time. The watch has operated flawlessly, keeps perfect time. No batteries, no winding, I can't get any easier than that.
on July 6, 2012
When I was growing up my mother bought me a Seiko for my first watch, I loved it, I even wore it in bed! I still love Seikos; they're elegant, but, durable. And, thy're not too expensive. I highly recommend this watch.
on May 7, 2013
I ended up purchasing a different Seiko Kinetic model. The watch quality / value is excellent, but this SKA475P1 model just didn't look right to me (imo - something odd about the transition between the band and face) so I sent back for refund. Thanks again to Amazon for making the shopping experience so good!
on July 4, 2012
Excelent value, simple dial with day showing all I need in a time piece. Keeps almost perfect time and I say almost if you compare it to internet time, it could be off a second or two monthly.
on November 2, 2012
This watch is very presentable. It is the first time I try a watch without quartz. It seems to be quite accurate and heavy duty. A very good deal for a classical and practical taste, with a good price!