4.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch
Published on May 3, 2010 by NEGuy

2.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for the price, if it would last longer than 1.5 yrs
I bought this watch and I really enjoyed having it. Looks great, is comfortable to wear and water resistant. But my joy only lasted 1.5 yrs, then the watch started running fast, around 1.5 hrs per day. Repairing it would cost me almost as much as I paid for it. A watch like this should really last a little bit longer...
Published 20 months ago by Jay

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, May 3, 2010
This review is from: Seiko Men's SKX009 Diver's Automatic Watch (Watch)
I just received this watch today and I am very pleased with the initial quality. It is a solid and very masculine watch. The case is a bright reflective stainless steel and the bezel has a nice, smooth ratchet-like click to it when it is turned to measure elapsed time. The band is wide, yet flexible and comfortable. Because it has automatic movement, as instructed in the manual,I swayed it back and forth about 10 times after removing from the box to get it started. The date and time were very easy to set and the sweep second hand really adds an exclamation point to the impression of quality and style. This watch replaced a Tag Heuer Formula 1 Chronograph that I had to return because of quality problems. I will follow up this review at a later time with an update.

2/6/11 - Follow-Up
Watch is still great. It seems to pick up a few minutes over the course of each month, so it needs to be adjusted back to actual time. This is not a problem as I believe that a little too fast is better than too slow. Also, the automatic movement will stop if not worn for more than 16-20 hours, so plan on resetting the time if you don't wear everyday or purchase an automatic watch winder. I wear everyday and the face and finish are still perfect. It doesn't scratch or ding very easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!!, January 6, 2009
This review is from: Seiko Men's SKX009 Diver's Automatic Watch (Watch)
I have an older 150m model purchased in 1970. I like the older model, wore it and used it for diving. It was comfortable, even though it was heavy. Only problem was that it did not keep good time.

The new one keeps time very, very accurately!!! I have not reset it in over a month, it is still spot on. Dove with it this weekend and love the fact that like the old one it is very easy to read. My eyes are not what they once were, but no problem reading the Seiko.

I wanted a watch that would not require batteries. I would sure like to know what they did to improve it's time keeping ability. This is an excellent watch for SCUBA divers. And, for the price ... why look at anything else.

5.0 out of 5 stars home again, June 9, 2009
This review is from: Seiko Men's SKX009 Diver's Automatic Watch (Watch)
I purchased a Seiko with the metal band many years ago and I loved it. On October 23, 1981 I was on a fishing boat that capsized in Moriches Inlet, Long Island N.Y. Among the items I lost was my Seiko. It's most likely still ticking at the bottom of the Inlet. After procrastinating many years I decided to search for a replacement and found that Amazon offered the watch at a great price. It feels at home on my wrist - arrived ahead of schedule and in perfect condition

5.0 out of 5 stars SKX009 'Pepsi' Dial Version of the Classic Seiko SKX007 Dive Watch (200 meters, Rubber Strap), June 17, 2014
This review is from: Seiko Men's SKX009 Diver's Automatic Watch (Watch)
This is the 'Pepsi' red & blue dial version of the fantastically popular, classic SKX007, which has the original black face & dial. Both the 007 and 009 watches are identical--equally sturdy, well built, have a great warranty, and are built to hand down to future generations. Each is certified as a true dive watch, good to 200 Meters.

This SKX009 is mechanically the same as the 007, same great fit and sturdy build. The only difference is the color of the bezel and the face.

There's a ton of great info and reviews on both the 007 and 009 versions on the various online watch forums.

The 009 face is a very dark navy, almost a 'midnight' blue, hard to tell in the Amazon photo. It looks almost black in most indoors lighting, such as a restaurant. The red portion of the bezel extends a full 20 minutes, 1/3 of the total bezel (some other 'Pepsi' dials cover only 10 minutes of the bezel, it's up to you which you prefer).

This watch comes with a black rubber diver's band (same as the 007), but is also available with a stainless metal link band, usually for around $20 more. I wear my dive watches on nylon NATO straps, but if you want a stainless band you could check out the stainless band listings here on Amazon (same watch, only the bands offered will differ).

If you want a Pepsi dial, this Seiko is a great choice. If you'd like a great Pepsi dial at a lower price, check out the Orient brand Pepsi 'Mako' watch, also available here on Amazon. If you're after an indestructible serious Dive watch, choose Seiko. If you want a 200-meter-certified but somewhat dressier feeling dive watch, check out the Orient Ray. Both are attractive and both are sturdy as a tank, but Orient will be about 40-50% less than the Seiko, and makes the crossover to a conservative office watch easily.

Whatever you do, make sure you comparison shop, and make sure you buy from an authorized Seiko dealer (you can verify sellers on Seiko's website) so your warranty will be valid. Beware 'grey' market sellers which may be selling factory seconds, refurbished's, trade-in's, Frankenwatches assembled from salvage parts, or worse. Lots of those on online auction sites.

I found mine a couple years ago online for $185, shipped, with a rubber band. It pays to shop around.

Hope this is helpful. Happy dives, everybody.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent watch, excellent buying experience, September 9, 2009
This review is from: Seiko Men's SKX009 Diver's Automatic Watch (Watch)
i have bought this watch for my son whom graduated the naval commander course and chose this model. the watch came in perfect shape, quickly and is excellent.
the buying experience was very good. my son is happy - so i'm too.
few month had passed (it's Jan' 2010) and the watch has stoped and wouldnt go. i've taken it to be checked and the watchmaker told me that these automatic mechanizm is problematic, inaccurate and tends to break down

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, April 19, 2011
This review is from: Seiko Men's SKX009 Diver's Automatic Watch (Watch)
I bought two of these watches for $150.00 each. Both keep excellent time, well inside the factory specifications. I would recomend this to all people who participate in water activities and want to wear a accurate time piece while doing so. Wes.

5.0 out of 5 stars All Around Tough and Reliable, February 3, 2011
This review is from: Seiko Men's SKX009 Diver's Automatic Watch (Watch)
I have had this type of watch for over 3 decades. I have surfed, dived, camped, hiked and otherwise abused the watch forever. Its always been there for me. I have to get a new watchband every few years, but the watch keeps on going in any conditions.

I would recomend this watch or its close cousins to anyone with outdoor sports or activity interests.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent auto diver for under $200!, July 27, 2011
This review is from: Seiko Men's SKX009 Diver's Automatic Watch (Watch)
I received this watch, along with a few others, as an anniversary present from my wife. The others were all budget (sub-$100) watches while this was the nicest of the bunch. I had wanted an automatic watch for a while and had great luck with a few quartz Seikos. After some internet research I settled on the SKX series for its classic styling (the Monsters were a bit too much for me) and value proposition. I also settled on the rubber dive band because it was cheaper than the Jubilee at the time and I plan on replacing it with a Super Oyster anyway.

After about a month of wear 2-3 times per week with the stock dive band, I can comfortably say this is an excellent watch. Accuracy has settled from +/- 2 minutes the first week to +/- 30 seconds or better now. The bi-directional winding of the counter-balance allows this watch to re-charge the spring extremely quickly, within the matter of a few shakes of the wrist. This is a necessity since the watch cannot be hand-wound. The quality of materials is also top notch, with tight tolerances of the exterior parts and smooth operation of the moving pieces. The Lume applied to the indices is also extremely bright and holds strong for several hours.

I haven't yet changed the band to the Super Oyster yet, though I still plan to. That said, the stock rubber diving band is more comfortable and better looking than I expected and fine for casual wear. One thing to consider is, while not a bright or royal blue, both the face and bezel are true dark blue in color. This is often not clear in internet pictures.

Overall this is a great watch, well built, and accurate. It's an excellent introduction to higher performance automatic watches without a huge price tag. With the right band, this watch will look right at home next to a Rolex Submariner or Omega Seamaster.

4.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best price/quality diver out there, December 11, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's SKX009 Diver's Automatic Watch (Watch)
Probably the best price/quality diver out there. I use this to go diving with, had many dive with it and had no problem ever.
The USA's version crown threads are not very well made, takes a little force to close. Bezel doesn't move as crisp either, i suggest to pay the premium and get the Japan made version (SKX009J), parts are by far better made also the movement seems to be better tuned and more accurate, the ticking sounds healthier too.

I do hate the plastic straps that comes with, they are awfully long and too plastic-ky for my taste.
The SKX009 takes 22mm Nato.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied!, September 23, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's SKX009 Diver's Automatic Watch (Watch)
I bought this as a gift for my husband. He loves it. It is just what I expected and what he wanted. For such a good price with free shipping, this was the best gift I've bought in a long time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Seiko Men's SKX009 Diver's Automatic Watch
$495.00 $141.00
In stock. Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
Rate and Discover Movies