Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM

on April 5, 2014
This is the second 'Orange Monster' I have owned. Last one was about 10 years ago. Overall a watch I like very much. Heavy and durable. The lume is very bright and will stay that way for quite a while without further exposure to a light source.

This model uses the Seiko 7S26 automatic movement. It does not hack, nor can it be wound manually, only via wrist movement. For those who desire the hack or wind function, take a look at the second generation Monsters. They use the Seiko 4R36 movement and have that capability.
on December 9, 2014
My 4 the one. Time keeping was consistent with previous models. Lost waterproofing in one year. Sad. I have worn a model like this since 1975...This year I am trying a hand built model. Smith and Roberts. The actual person that built this watch called me personally to just chat. Very impressed. Still love my Seiko's!
on July 5, 2006
I shopped very carefully for this watch; it was replacing a watch that was 12 years old and my first Father's Day gift. I wanted a watch that would last longer than 12 years (I wear it every day) and that didn't need batteries. The watch case had to be at least stainless steel; my old watch was just pot metal and after so many years the acid in my sweat ate through it and corroded the inside of the watch.

I know people say it's heavy but my other watch was a diver's watch and I don't really notice a difference. I selected the model with the rubber wrist band as I don't care for metal ones. I can't explain why but after about 10 days my skin had an allergic reaction to the rubber wrist band. Nothing like that has ever happened to me before. I didn't do anything about it, kept wearing the watch, and now everything seems to be ok. I guess my skin got used to it?

The luminous qualities are great; they last all night long. My last watch was unreadable in the dark after about 2 hours. I have NEVER looked at this watch and not been able to read it.

It's not a quartz movement and I've discovered it tends to gain about one minute a week. No biggie.

I paid for faster shipping and got it rather quickly. I HATE being w/o a watch. I'm hopeful that because this will never have a dead battery I'll never be stuck w/o a watch again.
on April 30, 2014
Received an obviously used watch. Back was scratched, no blue plastic protectors, no over wrap at all. Arrived with crown unscrewed. would not run longer than 30 mins. This is really upsetting as this is the 2nd Orange Monster I have had to return. I may try again, not sure at this point..
on September 3, 2007
Well, just to comment on the first reviewers remarks, this watch does not require a battery. It is a mechanical automatic winding watch so I think he submitted the review on the wrong watch or his jeweler lied to him.
Otherwise, this is one of the best automatics that I own. Keeps good time and is comfortable to wear. Everyone must remember a mechanical watch will gain or lose a few minute a month and has to be reset.
on October 5, 2011
I've had my monster for at least 6 months now and loving it. I get a LOT of compliments and people noticing the orange. Most of all I am impressed by the quality of what you get for $150.... it's hard to think of another non electronic, retail item of this level of craftsmanship for that price point. I'm sure they are out there but they are few and far between.

Anyway...great watch, durable, good looking, and I'm sure it'll still be running long after me. This orange monster actually replaced a Casio automatic dive watch that I bought new in 1982, and I only replaced it because I liked the orange face on the Monster. The old watch is still running strong.

You can't go wrong with this....
on January 6, 2012
good memorable watch iconic in watch community, wait for the right discounted price an there no going wrong... not the best at +/- sec a day, from the minute i took it out, i can almost pick what seconds a day im loosin its so obvious at some points like when sec hand is pointed at 6oclock position if slightly moved the sec hand will have a miniscule jump in the movement therefore loosing miliseconds every time...

as for me i have a watch collection an still prefer automatic, so im use to having to set my watch every morning anyway
on November 25, 2007
i looked around for a sport watch that not everyone was already wearing - and have enjoyed this one very much. The automatic watch is easy to handle as I do not wear this watch every day - the day/date setting is very easy to change. Also, i'm not bothered in the least with the accuracy of the mechanical watch.

it's a nice watch and I very much recommend it to others.
on July 14, 2006
i own a tag heuer,luminox,swiss army among a few others i received my orange monster a week are so ago and i'm very pleased with the quality of the watch it's not as refined as my tag but consider the price difference and it's a great value. i was very pleased with how quickly watch pavilion got my watch to me and their price was fantastic i will definitely order from them again
on January 22, 2014
The original Orange Monster! What can one say but that this watch is the standard in collectible and affordable auto divers. This one along with the Black Monster are staples in any diver collection. This is a real dive watch and it is an every day wear as well. The Monster is high quality with fine detail/fit/finish and for the price there is nothing better on the market.

You cannot go wrong. If you like the bold orange dial go for it...if you want more laid back and casual go with the black dial...or do like most and get both! For the cost of these classic watches you cannot help but collect them.