5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch
This is a great watch. It is very well built. It is relatively large in size so this may be an issue with people with smaller wrists. I would recommend taking a look at a store before ordering it.

Published on February 4, 2011 by B. Gunes Kocatepe

3.0 out of 5 stars Great watch but poor readability
This watch is everything that I have wanted in a wrist watch. Everything is easy to work with and operates smoothly. I have had this watch for about two months and it keeps excellent time.

Published on September 14, 2011 by Marvin C. Clapp

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, February 4, 2011
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNAD05 Flight Computer Silver-Tone Watch (Watch)

Crown has a screw in lock. There is not much about that in the user's manual so to set the time you will have to first unscrew the crown from it's locked position.

To adjust the steel straps all you will have to do is use a 1 or 2mm pin and a small hammer in the direction of the arrows and locking pins will come out. Only take out the pins between the links marked with an arrow behind it. Those are the re-lockable pins. If you take others, you will not be able to lock them back to their position. I took mine to a watch store and they took out one of the permanent pins!!! Was really terribly annoying. I would recommend watching what they do with it even at a watch shop.

It's flight computer has a quite large manual which is a great plus.

Overall it is something attracts good attention and is built to last. You would wear it for many years with joy. I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Dive / Aviation Watch!!!, October 21, 2011
I just received my watch and it is BETTER than I even expected. I usually wear Tag Heuer's, Omega Seamasters, and Breitling...and I must say...this watch...at $219.00 can hang with any of those other brands...its unbelievable. It has a very big / heavy feel to it... very solid.... and the numbers/graphic display is exactly what I wanted. NICE, NICE ...watch...and of course.... SEIKO quality. You can NOT beat this deal for the price....trust me!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch!!!, January 18, 2011
This is such a great product. I was afraid of the size of the watch because my fiance is a big guy, but this watch fits him perfectly. It it a grand watch!!! It has alot of detail. He loves it. It is a must buy. Its original price is $495, and i got it significantly cheaper. Thanks :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent time piece, March 23, 2014
I'm the type of person who just Plain loves mechanical devices with "bells and whistles", and this watch for the price has these additions in spades!There is a learning curve as such with this watch, by all means please read the various direction books included with this item! as an example I personally thought the watch stem had an issue only to find out, there's a trick as such found in the book of directions gives you a clear path in its operation. The other issue that you have to with is the watchband, exceptionally adjustable and you need to find somebody with the right tools and a little bit of patience to really get this correctly adjusted.I've been the proud owner of Seiko watches for decades, I used them and abuse them that seems to be my theme unfortunately. The facts are they last a very long time, have given me great service and I expect nothing less with this watch.
Note: if you're looking to purchase this watch(Or for that matter any brand) carefully read the descriptions to each of the dealers Of sale. It's important to note the warranty That might be involved here. dealers themselves have a variety of sources of imported watches for sale,, quite often bypassing the the official Seiko important channels! in this case, the warranty posted by the dealer, is By dealer themselves Not necessarily by the Seiko company . The other Warranty indication Coverage Deals with The Seiko and officially sanctioned distributorship. With that said if it has been officially imported by Seiko then Seiko itself At its distribution centers Will Take care of all warranty claims for the customer,And any future repairs! At issue here is,Seiko May very well refute and refuse repair any "dealer backed Warranty" Watches that come into their facility for repair. One of the immediate tale tell signs is if your watch comes with a warranty card from "Seiko Corporation of America", and it's timepiece registration unit out of New Jersey.Frequently these items In the past have been referred to as "gray market" imports, This has been a common practice with many camera dealers dealing with photo equipment decades.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for this sale price, August 17, 2012
This is a great price on this watch. I bouth nearly a year ago and love it. I don't have any use for all the gadgets, but sure love the looks! Seiko is a great brand, too. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was looking for a nice wristwatch to celebrate my 71st birthday, July 25, 2014
I was looking for a nice wristwatch to celebrate my 71st birthday. And I found one! I like the size, appearance, quality, and price. Hopefully, a flight attendant will never make an announcement over the PA that he/she is looking for someone with a flight computer to help out the pilot. but if that day ever comes...I will be ready.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great watch but poor readability, September 14, 2011

My problem is that I am getting old enough that the red letters against a black background are hard to see. I would have opted for Seiko's higher priced chronograph, the SNA411, but the feature set and convenience of operation did not match my desires.

Also, I am getting old enough that I cannot hear the alarm unless I hold the watch directly to my ear.

I have solved the vision problem with a credit card sized lighted magnifier. Nevertheless this reduces the convenience.

The bottom line is that unless your eyes and ears are in excellent condition, you would be better off going to a different model or brand. I am hard headed enough that I searched for exactly the features that I wanted and am willing to overcome the difficulties. Nevertheless, I do think that some color (yellow, perhaps, rather than red) for most of the secondary dial markings would have been an easy no cost added benefit for many potential Seiko purchasers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great all around watch, August 13, 2013
This watch is great to wear for all occasions. The bracelet feels more substantial than most Seikos. Great pilot look to it. If the watch had an anti-reflective crystal I'd give the watch 5 stars .

5.0 out of 5 stars He loves thiswatch., July 25, 2014
We bought this for our son who got out of the Marines last summer and is now learning to fly helicopters. He loves this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surpassed Expectation, July 31, 2014
Well, I have flirted with buying this watch for nearly 3 years. I finally did it and I got it today. When I opened the box, my first reaction was "Wow!". The look of quality. I picked it up and the feel of quality. The photos do NOT do it justice. $209 and it surpasses watches costing multiples. I'm not sure how Seiko does it. A couple weeks ago I bought a Swiss chrono, I was very happy with, for $310, and it pales in comparison. I will wear the Seiko and the Swiss chrono goes in the drawer. This watch is a deal. 5 stars without hesitation. Completely satisfied.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›