5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko Sportura SNAE87 Chronograph
Published 20 months ago by swordfish88888

3.0 out of 5 stars Band wasn't comfortable for me
Had to return watch, but Jomashop was great during the whole process.

Beautiful watch, but the band was stiff resin plastic, not rubber like my sieko velatura.
Published 18 months ago by K. Schultz

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko Sportura SNAE87 Chronograph, March 13, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNAE87 "Sportura Classic" Stainless Steel Watch (Watch)
I first saw this watch on the Seiko website late last year of 2012 and was impressed that it was was being endorsed by the sports stars and sports teams of the soccer world (Landon Donavon and Barcelona FC). I fell in love with watch immediately! So my search began. I researched and researched from website to website about this particular watch - Seiko Sportura Chronograph Black Dial Mens Watch SNAE87. There is not much info and photographs of the watch on the internet. It was mission impossible to locate any physical stores that carried the watch in stock. I wanted to try the watch on prior to making any decision. My search was fruitless!
I ended up purchasing a different watch in the end ~ that being the Nike Fuel Band, being the sporty guy that I am. Anyways, long story short, I ended up returning that watch back. I found myself again researching the Seiko Sportura SNAE87 again. This time I was toying between the other Sportura watches. I finally made the decision to take the plunge and go with the Seiko Sportura SNA87 (in for a penny out for a pound! so to speak!).
I received the watch today. All I can say is that I wish I made the purchase earlier. It is a beautiful, well balanced (when worn) watch. No regrets at all. So excited to have it. I made the purchase from Amazon.
I have provided some photographs of the watch. I hope this will aid in your research and decision in purchasing this watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding tool for the job, August 10, 2013
This is an outstanding watch at its price point and for its intended use. For this reason, I like this watch a whole lot, even more than other watches I own that cost several multiples, even an order of magnitude, more than what I paid here at Amazon for this watch.

This watch is best suited for hot, sweaty environments where a moderate to high amount of durability is required. The quality of materials used in this watch at this price point is outstanding and shamelessly holds its own with other watches costing quite a bit more.

If you've ever worn a large (42-45mm) steel watch with large lugs (22-24mm) and a steel bracelet on a hot day with perspiration on your wrist, then you know that the bracelet can stick to your skin and feel very clammy. I love my large, stainless steel watches with steel bracelets, but don't like wearing them while perspiring. The rubber strap on this watch solves that problem. It doesn't stick and wears away from the wrist so that there's a gap to allow the perspiration to dry. After you've showered, simply taking a damp towel and wiping down the watch removes all evaporation spots and oil, and it looks brand new again. It cleans up easily and very nicely. Polishing my stainless watches takes a bit more effort to keep them clean.

Since this has a sapphire crystal, you don't need to worry so much about scratching it. The clarity for seeing details on the watch face is fantastic.

One of the primary qualities which I use to judge an analog watch, which I call "readability", is very good in this watch. The contrast between the hands, the dial face and the minute markers needs to be sufficiently high enough so that one can instantly see exactly where the hands lie on the watch face relative to the minute markers, especially the minute hand. This watch, with its bright white hands, silvery reflective hour markers, numerals on the hour markers, highly distinct minute tick marks, and black-as-night dial all work terrifically to make the watch elements instantly readable to the user. I can instantly discern the hour's minute, even roughly how many 15 second intervals have passed, without having to look at the seconds complication. That is very well done. It's definitely one of the most readable watches that I own.

Finally, this watch's movement seems to be of very high quality. It's definitely not a piece of junk, cheap movement. After three weeks, my watch is still less than one second fast. My assumption is that copy that I have might gain 2 seconds per month. I'll happily live with that. The movement seems very durable and solid. I hate to admit I've dropped it once on the ground already and it seems to have suffered zero effects.

This isn't a complaint, but configuring the alarm and secondary time setting is a bit funky. It takes some practice and a little time to configure it correctly and then verify it was done right.

Overall, this is a fantastic watch at its price point. I really can't say anything bad about it and think it's a fantastic buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful watch, December 3, 2013
It looks better than shows in the picture, really a nice looking watch. Some people don't like the strap material, but this is my favorite strap which is sweat resistant and easily to be cleaned, overall, it's a happy buy at under $150 when it was on sale.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Seiko Winner, June 18, 2013
I first saw this watch in an American Airlines magazine. Nice looking watch and it is a Seiko, so I know it will last a long time. I have a couple of Seiko watches (20+ years) and they still work fine. I was looking for a non-dressy watch for everyday use. Seiko nailed this one. It is comfortable and it looks great and receives many complements. I wear it every day and will wear it with sportcoats, too. A great multi-purpose watch. I am very happy this this purchase. Needless to say, the price was right, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sporty Watch, September 4, 2013
Glad I found this watch and bought it at a great price. This watch keeps accurate time and looks great. I particularly like that this watch has a Sapphire crystal, which makes the crystal scratch resistant compared with glass or Hardex. This watch has dual time zone capability and alarm. The alarm is not very loud and I do not rely on this feature. This watch is great for everyday wear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good watch for daily use, September 4, 2013
This is my first watch from Seiko. I am not brand conscious, i was looking for right model and size and happen to see this one at the Seiko outlet store. It caught my attention so much that i bought it right at then and i was bit lucky as it was sold at discount price. Its a great purchase, would recommend it to anyone who wants a scratch resistant and casual look watch for daily use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Watch, Excellent Quality, October 6, 2013
Pictures don't really do this watch justice. This is one of those industrial designs that actually need to be seen in person in order to be appreciated.

I'm not really fond of the other Sporturas - I've considered purchasing the black ion plated designs, as well as the Sportura Kinetic diver, but the designs don't seem as well thought out. The interesting aspect of this watch is how it balances all aspects of design: the well integrated black band, the ion plated bezel with white numbers deeply etched onto the metal, the heavy buckle, the jewel like machining, the red and white on black face, the highly polished case which catches your eye. I've received numerous compliments on the watch already.

Mechanically, I like the precision of how each hand hits the dial markers precisely. Additionally, the chronograph second hand can be adjusted in order to begin at exact zero - a nice feature. I'm also happy with the sapphire crystal face. It's also treated with anti-reflective coating, on the inside, I believe, which is a rare feature on watches at this price. My watch is accurate to about 5 seconds fast every month, which is pretty good. I've had quartz watches from other brands that deviate more than 15 seconds ever month.

Overall, very nice watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Attractive Watch, January 21, 2014
I was hesitant to buy a watch without a metal bracelet, but was very surprised at how attractive it was when I opened the package. The face of the watch is quite stunning. The chronograph circles and hourly markings are made from beveled metal that sparkles when the watch is moved away and toward light, which I find very snazzy. The band is plastic but it's a very hard plastic. The tachymeter around the edge the brings the bling down so it can be worn both dressed up or down.

I've owned a few watches over the years and I compared this watch to another watch I own in the same price range and the Seiko Sportura has better craftsmanship. I got an Amazon gift certificate for Christmas, and chose this Sportura over the other Sportura's because it was the only Sportura listed on Amazon that included a Seiko 3 year warranty even though some others had metal bracelets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic watch at great price, June 12, 2014
After 9 months of wearing this watch almost daily, traveling extensively and generally being very rough with my gear, I can say this is a very high quality timepiece, and is a steal at this price. The sapphire crystal is very rugged and remains scratch free, despite my less than careful habits (bumping into walls and aircraft, as well as dropping this from my nightstand several times). Clearly well made, and looks fantastic (far better than significantly more expensive watches).

I have several nice Bulovas, an Omega and a Breitling, but the watch I instantly grab is this Seiko. Hard to believe (even myself) but it's true. Would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice watch, May 29, 2014
This watch looks and feels great. Case is very shiny. Numbers and letters on face are sharp. Has a good solid feel to it. I expect it to be precise, this is my second Seiko. I was a little worried about the band, but it seems sturdy and has a soft feel to the surface of it. Exactly what I wanted in an everyday watch, to be worn in the summer when you are a bit sweaty.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›