5.0 out of 5 stars Great looks, great quality
Pros:
*Accurate. Haven't had to adjust it since I set it 6 months ago.
*Excellent quality. At this price, the quality and finish are very good. Haven't really tested the water resistance.
Published on June 18, 2009 by Bruce Buck

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch
Overall I like the watch for fit, feel, and style. It is substantial in weight, but not too bulky. I feel like I am wearing a watch that has some resilience. I would like to have tritium for the glow-in-the-dark hands/marks, but it would cost more. It shows up well enough for seeing at night though.

Pros:
- Looks. Love the dark grey/black case. Black...
Published 15 months ago by Steven F. Deaton

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looks, great quality, June 18, 2009
Bruce Buck (San Antonio, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNDA65 Stainless Steel Watch with Black Canvas Strap (Watch)
Pros:
*Accurate. Haven't had to adjust it since I set it 6 months ago.
*Black Ion Finish. I am really surprised at how well the black ion finish has held up after 6 months. I thought for sure it would be really dinged and scratch up by now. Rubbing against metal doors and desk, it's held up well. You can see the dings up close, but the black finish is still intact. Haven't yet tested concrete, as I'm sure it would get gouged, but hopefully I won't have to.

Cons:
*Chronograph fun to watch, but don't use much
*No perpetual calendar

Overall, I'm very happy with the watch, and am surprised at how well the black finish as held up. Great looking timepiece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome watch!, March 23, 2011
JAmazon (Hermosa Beach, CA) - See all my reviews
This is a great, manly watch with good size (big watches are "in"), excellent build quality and nearly perfect time keeping. I haven't lost a second against the atomic clock since I set it a week ago. My automatic self-winding Baume & Mercier loses about 5 seconds per day for comparison.

The Seiko SNDA65 looks a little like an IWC Top Gun, but also has a fast moving chronograph sub-second hand that behaves like a tiny Tag Heuer Mikrograph that makes one revolution per second. With this watch's 1/20 second resolution, you can say your car goes 0-60 in 5.75 seconds and I love how resetting the chronograph makes all the hands quickly spin clockwise back to a vertical position. The sub-dial at the 6 o'clock position looks like another clock so I'm guessing the chrono can time up to 12 hours. Sorry, I did not RTFM.

The strap is actually pretty nice considering it's made of backpack strap stuff and it fits well on me along with the big case, even though I don't have the largest wrists in the world. The luminous markings and hands stay glowing dimly for hours as I woke up at 3am and was surprised to see them in the dark. The small second hand for the time is in a sub-dial at the 9 o'clock position and "ticks" once per second as it is a quartz after all. Although some of the hands don't quite line up all the time, it's not bad, especially at this price range.

My favorite things about this watch are the 1/20 second chronograph accuracy, even though I will rarely use it, the perfect timekeeping, its durable, all-weather ruggedness, and its casual utilitarian, military good looks.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great watch, January 4, 2011
I've had this watch for about a year. No problems only tons of compliments. I'm not a flashy watch guy so this watch is perfect. A mix between military and business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Everyday Watch, April 29, 2013
As a consumer, I take pride in the type of watch that I wear daily. I haven't reached the social status of being able to drop $10k on a Rolex, but I will spend anywhere from $50 - $500 for a decent watch. Just giving you a background on me as a consumer.

To put it in simple terms, this watch is the PERFECT watch for daily wear. I have thinner wrist, so I don't like small watches that make me look like a 15 year old, but I also don't like the huge watches that body guards wear. This is the perfect size and weight for everyday wear, and has been extremely durable considering the bumps and bruises that come along with wearing a watch daily. I've received a ton of compliments on it, and it honestly has the look and make of a watch that would cost much more than $180. The nylon strape is fine, although I wouldn't be opposed to a change at some point in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seiko Chrono, February 12, 2013
Great watch. I find myself staring at it throughout the day, ditch the stock strap. It's not that the strap is terrible it just isn't the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars good watch, September 20, 2010
it's a good watch for the money. I've switched out the band & now really like the look..

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, October 2, 2013

Pros:
- Looks. Love the dark grey/black case. Black canvas band is nice.
- Easy to set.
- Canvas band is easily adjustable for comfort on the wrist (plenty of holes & 2nd around the band strap for extra band).

Cons:
- Band is a bit less rugged than what I like. The buckle on the band is not very thick, post that goes through the holes is small, holes are small.

2.0 out of 5 stars Chronograph drains battery., April 8, 2014
Cologodan (Ft. Collins, CO) - See all my reviews
The good things posted here about the watch are generally true - appearance, accuracy, etc. My main reason to buy it was the 12-hour chronograph. Several have mentioned the "active" 1/20th second hand. This may contribute to what I think is a devastating shortcoming. To quote the manual, "If the stopwatch is used for more than 2 hours a day, the battery life may be less than the specified period." In other words, there is a 12 hour chronograph, but using it may quickly drain a nominal 3 year quartz battery. I tried to discover if Seiko made a solar 12 hour chronograph. While Seiko customer service does not speak with one voice, I think I understand that they do not. Too bad, a solar movement, or perhaps even kinetic, would eliminate the problem. This battery watch is like an injury that becomes worse, but at an unknown rate. I cannot trust it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool Watch, April 27, 2012
I am a little bit of a watch snob, and usually wear a Rolex Submariner or a Breitling Chronomat. I was preparing for a trip to East Africa, and needed a simpler watch, and one that would be less likely to draw attention to myself. At the same time, I did not want a walmart digital. So, this Seiko appeared to fit the bill. It looked like a rugged sports watch with a functional chronograph.

I purchased the watch and was delighted with it. I am impressed with the fit, form, and function of the watch. The movement works flawlessly. I am picky about small things in watch movements, but found this watch to perform exceptionally.

I like the watch so much that I have actually started it wearing it on a regular basis. It is a great looking watch, feels well made, and represents a GREAT value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, not without flaws though., October 12, 2011
G. Balch (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
I have had this watch for about four months now, I love the way it looks and the finish has proven to be fairly rugged. I am not easy on watches, which is why I chose this watch over some of my more expensive tastes. I have mine on a NATO band which looks great.

My primary complaint is that the second hand for the chronograph is frequently knocked off of 0 (12 o'clock) when not in use. This is easily fixed but not without stopping the clock, if you keep your watch synched to a master clock for work purposes this is an annoyance. I either have to look at the second hand out of place or know that I have lost synch, both bother me.

Overall I like the watch and would recommend it to others.