Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on May 20, 2013
This watch is amazing!
It's truly sleek, unlike all other watches, and believe me, I scrolled through many pages (hundreds of models) and none caught my eye more than this Seiko solar watch did.
Yes, solar, no need to replace batteries. It's interesting that the solar cells are not in the least bit visible - nice feature.
It requires to be exposed to the sun for some time before you first wear them (one day is enough).
I didn't set the date yet. The font of the date is not the coolest; it's looks like a font right from the 60's, and the number's background is plain white (could have been more cream color). The manual also looks straight from the 70's.
The watch seems thicker than other watches, but I don't notice it when I'm wearing it.
The leather band is robust and seems will last a long time (I had the watch for about 4 months now).
If your looking for a unique-looking type of dress watch, don't pass up this opportunity, especially with the price tag of $90 for a Seiko watch. I too hope to be part of the Seiko watch wearer group who feel they were never let down with their Seiko watch.
on August 6, 2015
Beautiful dress watch that can be worn with a suit and tie, or just a casual polo shirt.
review image
on June 9, 2012
The watch is cool in my opinion, the color combo the simple layout and seiko quality was all I needed for this purchase. I have another seiko timepiece and it is just as stylish if not more so . Of course you can spend tons of money on a quality watch or you can come browse amazons selections especially seikos and save a lot and get a great timepiece at the same time. I chose to do that and will continue to. Its 5 stars in my opinion no doubt about it.....but you judge for you.
on August 24, 2015
I previously owned a Seiko solar watch that was all black. It worked for about 4 years, and then one day the stem knob fell off (no trauma that I could remember) and the second hand froze. Up until that time, I had no problems and had numerous comments regarding the way the watch looked. As I recall, that watch cost ~$200 but I got it on sale for ~$50 at a local department store. It was a reliable timepiece and withstood accidental swimming pool and shower exposure until its unexplained sudden death. I sent it in and the Seiko service center wanted $125 to repair it. NOW I have this one, and my review reflects only 1 week of use. GREAT - love the look which is as elegant as the old one. No idea yet about durability, but it started working immediately upon light exposure. The day/date is large enough to read without my reading glasses (barely) and definitely better than the old one. The strap is calf leather, thick and will likely not wear out. All in all, I am very pleased with this purchase and the discounted Amazon price, but it is early times. Also, probably due to my own error in clicking twice on my wish list or similar, Amazon sent out TWO watches. I returned one and I must say that the Amazon return process is flawless - the best consumer experience ever!
on June 27, 2015
Very nice medium-sized solar powered watch. My wife gave this to me for our anniversary. I wear it almost all the time when I'm not working.

It arrived dead, so I had to give it two days of direct sunlight to get it going. According to the manual it requires 9 hours of full sun for the full 10-month power reserve. Approx. 80 hours of office light power it for one day. If you get outside at all, and/or set it on the window sill every now and then, it'll never stop. The solar panel is completely hidden by the shimmering gray dial. I suspect this contributed to the long initial charge time. After a few months mine ran out of power, so I really think the dial makes more charging sessions necessary. No problem -- I'll set this on the window sill more often.

I have two 18-year old solar Pulsars, and they are still working today because I feed them 4 times a year. I expect this one to run for 20 years.

I especially like the look of the dial. It isn't the easiest to read at a glance, but I still like the color scheme. Gold and silver don't a ways look good together, but I think this one pulls it off. Gold dominates the design and the brushed case blends in. The tops of the lugs are polished and the space between the lugs is polished and nicely curved. You can't see this in the video. I've never seen a watch like this. It was designed for a strap -- to show off this design feature.

The lume dots are subtle and not very bright. There is lume on the hands too. It can only be read about 30 minutes into the night. My other Seikos have brighter, longer lasting glow. (If I want to know the time at night, I'll put on a dive watch.)

The strap is thin, but adequately padded. My wrist is 6.75 inches, so I swapped the top with the bottom. It fits me better this way. This 37mm watch is a bit smaller than the current standard of 40-45mm watches. But I think huge watches look silly. Also, the large face makes up for the small size of the case. The lug-width is 20mm. I prefer this over an 18mm band, plus this adds a little width to the case.

Buy this one or give it as a gift. You won't regret it. Great value at about $90.

Thanks, Honey..

-Chris
on July 2, 2015
I have had a similar Seiko for decades. It was slightly thinner and lighter with a dodecagon face approximating a circle. Alas, it finally died after showing greater wear.
This solar version preserves much of the smart look with the added advantage of being battery free. I'm delighted. If it lasts half as long as the first one, it will outlast me. And the discounted price was amazing.
on February 19, 2015
I'm no watch expert but I do appreciate a nicely made mechanical device. I bought this Seiko watch (SNE050) recently and it looks even better in person than the pics online. Finish is nicely polished, the second hand meets the marks as they should, and it's just the right size for me. I have somewhat thin wrists and finding a nice watch is a bit difficult. This Seiko; with it's 40mm x 10mm case is just right. Anything bigger just doesn't look night on me.
Only faults would be the band and setting the day/date. The band looks ok but feels cheap. I'll probably replace it with a nicer one soon. setting the day/date is a bit frustrating at first. Just note the date turns pretty much in synch with the hour hand turning midnight but the day lags behind a few hours until it's showing the right day. I'd only take a half-star off for these issues if I could. Otherwise a very nice watch at a great price.
If I have any other issues with this Seiko I'll update this post.
on January 14, 2016
First of all I am Old School and for a reliable accurate (within budget) time piece you can't go wrong with this Seiko. Yeah I have a Cell with the time on it, but there is something Classic about having a good watch on your wrist. Its a great watch, no battery needed, just natural or artificial light. The product came on time and I would buy from this seller anytime.
on November 10, 2014
My old Seiko was acting up. (Still works) I liked the solar idea, especially because the stores are really charging for battery replacement. So, good a good price. The Seiko works flawlessly. The Solar thing keeps the rechargeable battery up, and the thing just keeps going. Hopefully for ten years or more, as designed. I first found the black dial hard to read, but one gets used to that. The leather band seems very nice, certainly far better than replacements tend to be. Very pleased. Four stars is about all any watch would get from me. So, that is not a bad mark. In fact, I suspect I will be wearing this for as long as possible.
on January 24, 2015
Very nice looking watch, Keeps perfect time and was Very easy to set. I have always wanted a Seiko watch and really glad I bought this one.
For all the people that have trouble setting this watch, you must not be reading THE INSTRUCTIONS, very simple.
Love this watch!!!