4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, setting the date is a little tricky
Published on April 2, 2011 by P. W. M.

2.0 out of 5 stars Band fades
This was a Christmas gift to my husband. The band immediately started losing the coloring on it. The brown just faded away near the buckle. I returned it in the time allowed and was given a refund. The watch is good but the band is poor.
Published on March 7, 2012 by Songbird

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, setting the date is a little tricky, April 2, 2011
P. W. M. (Columbia, SC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNE056 Stainless Steel Solar Watch with Leather Band (Watch)
I purchased this watch for a friend as a birthday gift. My friend loves the large face and numbers on the watch and the fact that it charges and does not need batteries. Setting the calendar date on the watch is a little tricky...the instructions seems a little vague in the manual...and apparently the watch supports 2 languages for the "Day of the Week" function. We got the date set after some trial and error.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice watch, April 13, 2012
This watch is very nice looking and comfortable to wear with the adjustable strap. The white face dial with black numbers and gold trim really jumps out . It goes great with blue jeans or a suit and tie.

Was a little confused about the duel language day and date settings and thought i bought a spanish language watch by accident, but once I reviewed the directions, the watch was set correctly for English.

Love the fact that this charges the battery with light, however, I left this watch on my nightstand for a week when away, and it ran out of power, so i was wondering if that would be an issue, but now that i have been using it daily, there are no power isuues. I think once it receives a full charge from good light, it goes a long time.

Have been wearing it for a few weeks now and the strap is starting to show a little sign of wear at the buckle , but I guess that's to be expected, and that doesn't show anyway.

Would recommend this watch to anyone. Great value for a dependable timepiece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, November 17, 2011
The watch is beautiful, it's shiny bright. The leather band is darker than what I saw on my monitor.
To adjust the date, you need to lightly/gently pull the crown to the first stop. If the handles are
moving, you are on the second stop.
When I first opened the box, I placed it under a light for half an hour and the watch fully charged up.
That's when the second hand moves in one second increment.
Glad that I will not have to replace battery ever again. Good job Seiko.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solar is better, November 26, 2012
I was tired of replacing batteries and bought this, my first solar watch. I've had it over a year now and it's never lost the charge, even though I only wear it a couple times a week. I've gone more than a week sometimes and it never lost a charge. Just keep it on the dresser face up and there's enough ambient light to keep it going.
The quality and looks are great for such a reasonable price. For those that don't like the band so much, replace it. Mine is still in perfect shape.
I like it so much I plan to purchase another Seiko solar watch to replace another older battery watch.
I definitely would recommend this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy watch, October 2, 2013
Allen D. Baker (Salt Lake City, UT) - See all my reviews
This is a beautiful watch with large easy-to-read numbers. Some reviewers have said the day and date are difficult to set, but the thing to remember is that when you pull the stem out to the first position, turning the stem one direction sets the day. Turning the stem the other way sets the date. Pulling the stem out to the second position sets the clock hands. Set the day and date one day before the actual day and date; then advance the hour and minute hands until the next day and date appear. This way you can easily stop at the correct a.m. or p.m. For example, when the day and date have correctly changed, if you are setting the watch in the p.m., advance the hour hand past 12 so the day and date will advance properly in the middle of the night. If you are setting the day and date in the morning, do not advance the hands the extra time past 12. They will, of course, advance correctly by themselves, and the day and date will advance correctly in the middle of the night. Have had the watch only a few weeks, but so far it keeps excellent time. You can check the nation's official time at the Naval Observatory site located at [...] to see how well your time pieces keep time. The solar charging has worked from the time I opened the box without any special need to expose the watch to light. Some reviewers have complained about the leather Chinese-made strap. It looks nice and has given me no problem, but of course I have only had the watch about a month. I lost my last watch when the strap came undone and the watch fell off my wrist without my noticing. This watch band has double loops which give added protection from the strap's coming undone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, March 16, 2012
Katka (Sunny No. California USA) - See all my reviews
I actually have not seen it yet, but I purchased it for my 85 yr old father in law who has dementia and he and my mother in law love it. These are five star people and hard to please and for them being as happy as they are with the purchase I highly recomend this watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Jury still out., February 20, 2014
I have owned Seiko watches in the past and have always been impressed with the quality and price. On the good side I can read the dial at a glance and am hoping never to have to buy batteries again.
On the down side as other buyers have stated the band is not up to quality. I would have paid more for a decent band. One other thing is the florescent light took a couple of days under both natural and lamp light to reflect at night. Even after a week of exposed to light the reflection at night is quite poor and diminishes quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, December 12, 2012
Barry S. (High Point, NC) - See all my reviews
This is my second watch similar to this one and I was well pleased with the first one. The crystal on the old one got broken and it was almost a cheap to get a new watch as to replace the crystal. Both watches are working fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars great watch!, January 10, 2012
After having a watch with dead battery sit on my bookshelf for a year because I was never near a battery replacement place, I finally took the plunge and purchased a solar watch. I was disappointed I could only find this enormous men's style (in my budget), but since I only wear watches in certain situations, it's fine. My bigger complaint is that the day/date setting mechanism is very tricky; also, you cannot designate p.m. or a.m., so even after setting it, I often end up seeing the wrong day of the week displayed. They should either make the day/date easier to set or just take it off, because most of the time it is displaying wrongly and I'm ignoring it anyway.

But it is a nice-looking watch, and the battery recharges fairly quickly. And maybe it will last forever!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, October 14, 2012
James lucas (Clinton, Ar. United States) - See all my reviews
This is a very attractive and comfortable watch.I use it as a dress watch.I am completely pleased with this purchase.

Rate and Discover Movies