5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko Solar 100M Bracelet Watch
Published on May 22, 2011 by Fred

3.0 out of 5 stars Rolex Appearance
The Seiko SNE093 watch has a very nice, clean, elegant look which reminds me of a Rolex Submariner. The solar power of course means that it doesn't depend on motion for auto winding. It's an excellent blend of being substantial and yet not huge (it's significantly thinner (and lighter) than a Rolex Submariner yet still a solid, good sized watch).

Beware, it...
Published 19 months ago by John F. Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko Solar 100M Bracelet Watch, May 22, 2011
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNE093 Stainless Steel Solar Watch (Watch)
I bought my watch at a retail outlet at a decent discount because Amazon didn't have the 100M Solars yet, only the 30M. If you want the 100M be sure to get this one or any of them that clearly states Solar 100M at the lower portion of the face. The ones that say Solar only are only 30M water resistant, a no go in my opinion as you can't really even wash it off without possible water intrusion.

The watch has a shiny besel with brushed stainless lug tops, the band is high quality and a combination of brushed and shiny SOLID stainless steel. If you need to remove links, and you will unless you are REALLY big, use a push tool as the pins are easy to remove. The clasp is adjustable by only two notches. The face is pretty deep black with shiny reference points and lumibrite markings that light the watch at night after short exposure to a light source.

The watch will remain working for 10 months without further charging after a full charge, if you wear it regularly, minimal exposure to light daily will keep it running forever. It has an overcharge prevention function, a low charge warning function and a protected crown. The case measures 39mm without the crown. In my opinion this is a very good watch and you will not have to ever be concerned about battery replacement. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

3.0 out of 5 stars Rolex Appearance, February 16, 2013
John F. Wright (Savage, Minnesota United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNE093 Stainless Steel Solar Watch (Watch)

Beware, it may arrive not running. I had to set mine overnight point blank next to a bright lamp to charge it. Just sitting in normal room light for two days did NOT charge it. Once I had it charged, it seems to be doing fine (but I am making a point that every weekend it gets a fair amount of light).

One of the links also literally fell apart when it arrived (keep in mind it arrived in Minnesota subjected to subzero weather). Once you know how to operate the pins in the links it isn't too bad to remove or insert a link to adjust the size of the band. Unfortunately the band lacks good small adjustment so it may be difficult to get a "perfect" fit. Overall I'm pleased with the band, it is comfortable and doesn't bite.

As far as I can tell the date can ONLY be adjusted by spinning the hands so if the date is off by a lot it can take a lot of turning to get the date set. The day of the week is much easier, using a different detent on the stem.

I find this watch an excellent blend between nice quality appearance and low cost. It's nice enough to wear and look good, yet low enough in cost to not worry about where you wear it. The clean display is very functional.

Update: I've dropped my rating by one star because I've found that after a couple months of using this watch it is unable to maintain a charge from normal daily light.

4.0 out of 5 stars SNE093, October 3, 2011
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNE093 Stainless Steel Solar Watch (Watch)
I bought this from a retail store after trying out many watches. Fits just right on my medium-size wrist, the watch is rather beautiful and very solid, somewhat heavy. Not too heavy, but you know it's there. It has a very satisfying feel of a solid hefty piece on your wrist and looks great. Wish it was just a little lighter, but not a big problem. One star off for unusual amount of light reflection off of bezel, face, marks and hands. Hands are also a little bit too thin for my taste, sometimes it takes a couple of seconds to tell the time.

The band required 4 links off, so if you have very large wrists you may have to replace it, can't imaging this being a problem for most people.

Easy to set date and day, solar power, very accurate movement and the look and feel of the watch make it a great buy for the money.

The lume on hands and 5-min markers lasts for a long time, but somewhat dim and thin and needs total darkness to be useful. Just a little bit of light renders it non-visible, but then you can see the face anyway, it reflects the light quite well.

Oh, and don't forget that this is a 100m water resistant model unlike other Seiko Solar watches. This means you can wear the watch while swimming, not a diver's watch though due to the lack of a screw-down crown

Have not owned the watch for too long to comment on reliability

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional for the price, June 18, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNE093 Stainless Steel Solar Watch (Watch)
This Seiko is rated for 100 meters or 10 atmospheres. This gives the wearer the ability to swim and snorkel while wearing the watch. Having a swimming pool in my backyard, I am constantly performing maintenance duties in or near the water including enjoying a quick dip after working outside. This is the minimum depth rating that I would recommend to anyone who is near water whether it be washing your hands or washing the dogs.

The watch is Solar and solves the battery replacement problem as well as using a watch winder on automatic watches. Just place the watch near a window when you are not wearing it and it will be running when you want to wear it.

I have had this watch for about a week and it is within a second of the WWV time standard. As wearing a watch which is exactly on time is an obsession with me, in reality what does it matter if a watch is off a minute in a month?

If I could own only 10 watches and must give away all of my other watches, this watch would be in the 10 I kept. I would like this watch offered in an "atomic" model.

I highly recommend this watch.

1.0 out of 5 stars A watch that doesn't keep the time..., November 18, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNE093 Stainless Steel Solar Watch (Watch)
I bought this watch for my husband only a few months ago. At first, it worked well. Now, though, the knob to change the dial comes out on its own at random times and stops the watch from ticking. It's happening almost on a daily basis now, so the watch doesn't keep time very well. We'll be shipping this back under the warranty terms.

1.0 out of 5 stars This was a used or refurbished watch, August 29, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNE093 Stainless Steel Solar Watch (Watch)
This watch was basically a gift for my son. When it arrived, he noticed a small scratch on the bezel. When we took it to a local jeweler, the jeweler commented that at least one link was missing and that whoever re-assembled the remaining links put some of the pins in one direction, and other pins the other direction. I summarized that the watch had already been worn by someone else, links were removed, but then when they decided to return it, they reinstalled the links (and maybe one got lost). I was pretty pissed that this appeared to me on Amazon as a brand new watch (maybe I missed some very fine print somewhere). But what is done is done. It's hard to tell a little boy that you have to send his watch back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleek, simple, stylish., March 26, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNE093 Stainless Steel Solar Watch (Watch)
I've owned about 40 watches and this has been my favorite. It matches both formal and casual attire, the smaller face doesn't dominate my thin wrist (but it's not so small it's feminine), month and date are great, it's solid without having bulk, very trim face with gentlemanly accents :P

But, wouldn't you know it, got snatched at the gym so I'm buying another one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, February 27, 2014
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNE093 Stainless Steel Solar Watch (Watch)
Bought this watch for my husband for his He had a Seiko that was over twenty-five years old and it just stopped working. When I saw this one on Amazon I knew he would love it. He especially likes that it is solar.

2.0 out of 5 stars doesn''t work right, February 15, 2014
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNE093 Stainless Steel Solar Watch (Watch)
cannot set the day of the week or the day of the month. the stem will not move the mechinism. just rotates and nothing happens. apparently the clock does work

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent watch for an excellent price., January 28, 2014
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNE093 Stainless Steel Solar Watch (Watch)
Had a very nice Pulsar for many years but it was becoming difficult to find batteries for it. I had always thought that solar watches were out of my price range… Especially with the consideration I need to take because of vision and dexterity problems. The Seiko SNE093 has just the right size Dial, high contrast dial/hands ratio to make it easy for me to say in any lighting conditions. So far, a great deal.

Seiko Men's SNE093 Stainless Steel Solar Watch