4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, great looks
Published 18 months ago by A. Vali

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but did not work
Looked and felt great. Unfortunately, the watch did not charge its battery at all. So, after a few days (even in the Californian sun) it just died.

On the good side, the return process was unproblematic.
Published on June 25, 2012 by wolfwolf

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, great looks, March 12, 2013
A. Vali (Memphis, TN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNE097 Functional Solar Casual Watch (Watch)
I bought this watch just over a year ago. The battery was fully drained when I received it, but after leaving it in direct light for a couple of days, it charged right up and has not run out since. I only wear it once or twice a week and that seems to keep it charged up well enough. The time keeping is accurate. Mine is running about 1 to 2 seconds fast per month. It looks very dressy and sharp and it is very light. The luminosity on the time markers and hour/minute hands is quite visible in low light. The band is nice looking and quite soft on the wrist. There is one discrepancy between the product picture and the actual product. The bezel is a polished gun metal gray, but in the picture it looks brushed.

There are two things I do not like about this watch which is why it is getting 4 stars instead of 5. The crystal scratches quite easily. Because of the black dial, scratches are quite noticeable. The other annoyance is that to advance the calendar day at the end of February and 30 day months, you have to wind the hands forward +24 hours per day. February to March is particularly cumbersome. The days of the week can be changed at a mid-pull setting of the winding knob.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the watch and think I've gotten my money's worth out of it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but did not work, June 25, 2012
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNE097 Functional Solar Casual Watch (Watch)

On the good side, the return process was unproblematic.

4.0 out of 5 stars cool watch, September 12, 2011
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNE097 Functional Solar Casual Watch (Watch)
Typical seiko...accurate timing, well designed and well priced. A semi-sporty, a semi-casual ,ecofriendly economical accurate watch that does it purposes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch! Very accurate and stylish., March 21, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNE097 Functional Solar Casual Watch (Watch)
Great looking watch, not too dressy or casual. This watch is of very good quality and is incredibly accurate compared to my other seiko automatic. My previous seiko 5 automatic required a time adjustment every 2-4 weeks due to being several minutes off, but this one hasn't needed an adjustment for well over two months. I've also kept it out of light for over a week and it's still ticking! According to the documentation included, this watch has a battery reserve for up to 10 months which is incredible. Glad I went with Seiko again as they make quality watches. Thank you Amazon for a great price and fast shipping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Work Watch, August 5, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNE097 Functional Solar Casual Watch (Watch)
I needed a watch to wear everyday on the job. I work in a professional setting, in a location that does not allow cell phones - so a timepiece was essential in keeping appointments while I was away from my computer. I have had this watch for several weeks and have not experienced any issues with missing time or slowing down or stopping. I guess it charges just fine from daily wear, as I have had no problems. It is functional and dressy enough to wear to the office.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and Solid, April 3, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNE097 Functional Solar Casual Watch (Watch)
This is a great watch for "everyday" use, particularly for doing chores, but you don't have to change it out if you are dressing up because it's also stylish. Great value and price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, February 17, 2014
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNE097 Functional Solar Casual Watch (Watch)
I have had this watch for many months now and yet to have a problem with the timepiece. It is very stylish. It keeps quite accurate time and I have not noticed any loss since last setting the watch due to the calendar change. Every couple months you will have to reset the time anyways to adjust the calendar but that isn't an issue for me. There is also a nice luminescent feature when you are in dim light. I'm pretty abusive with my arms and have already a few times accidentally hit this watch on the table and stair case railing as well as the door of my truck. I have yet to notice any scratches on the glass or any part of the watch. I like admiring this watch.

The only drawback is the band. It is cheaply made and will not last the lifetime of the watch. I will probably be looking for another one soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, good value - Shiny watch band, May 3, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNE097 Functional Solar Casual Watch (Watch)
I chose this watch because I liked the all black look and the date shows the day of the week, and the price was right. I've only had a few days but so far I have not had any problems. Unlike some other reviewers who had issues with charging it, mine was already running when I took it out of the box! So far no issues at all with charging. The only negative I have is that the watch band shown in the picture looks like it has a semi flat finish, however the actual band is very shiny. Some people may like it or even prefer it, but I was looking for something I could wear both as a dress/work watch or as a casual watch. This watch band would match a pair of tuxedo dress shoes, and the pattern almost looks like aligator skin shoes (not really my style). So far I have not been able to find a replacement watch band that has the same color buckle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I expected., January 3, 2014
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNE097 Functional Solar Casual Watch (Watch)
This watch was a replacement for one that I had worn every day for 30 years. The watch is thin and light, and it appears to keep good time. According to the manufacturer, this watch will never require battery replacement. This is a real advantage for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good!, December 22, 2012
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNE097 Functional Solar Casual Watch (Watch)
Very good!It works perfect and is very precise! No issues or concerns until now, please be aware that he has a small case and described in specs.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›