Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on May 10, 2013
Based on the picture of this watch online, I was expecting a matte-black watch. When I opened the box, I found something else. The face is definitely black. However, I would describe the band color as a shiny, very metallic dark gray. The band only looks black to me at night.

I wanted a black watch, so I spent all weekend "on the fence" trying to decide whether I would keep it or send it back. In the end, I decided to keep it because it is a beautiful watch. With its black face, silver hands and diamond hour markers, this is an elegant watch.

The watch is solar-powered, so it takes a couple of days to charge it. (Actually, mine worked right out of the box.) This is easy to do -- just put it on a window sill that gets sun for a couple of days. If you're tired of replacing watch batteries once a year, you might appreciate a solar watch.

I bought my first Seiko, a beautiful gold bracelet watch, about 25 years ago. It still runs like a top and shows very little wear. In my book, you can't go wrong with Seiko.

So if you're looking for a matte-black watch, this isn't it. But if you're looking for an elegant watch similar to my description, you might like this one.
on April 14, 2015
I didn't expect it to be shiny, but it is black (not dark grey, unless my sight is messed up because of the blue/black white/golden dress thing).

Anyways, I'll leave a photo.
review image
on September 8, 2013
Great price, nice packaging and one of the classiest watches I have seen. Sharp and elegant but can be used for everyday. I looked everywhere for a watch that had simple elegance and this was it. Then I looked for price and Amazon beat everyone else by at least $100.I was thrilled. It arrived fast as well. This will be an impressive gift.
on October 10, 2015
I really like this watch. To start off, It's not really black, it's more of a really shiny grey. The watch reflects the light and matches almost every environment you're in. If you're in bright white lighting, it will appear dark grey-ish and white. If you're under a orange beach umbrella, it will appear shiny orange and black and so on. The watch is solar powered and for the 2 months I've had it, it still tells time as accurately as it did when I first set it. You really don't have to worry about giving it light. The diameter of the watch face is slightly smaller than the 42mm Apple watch for a comparison. It's a decent sized face. It says it water resistant but I usually end up taking it off when the day ends so I can't say anything about water resistance. Overall, it's a great watch. I wasn't expecting it to be this shiny.
review image review image
on February 20, 2015
Its been more than a month now, and I have no complaints. When it first arrived, i removed the tab strip to prevent battery drain and it started running. I placed it directly under a really bright lamp for two days before I started using it.

Really sleek, great watch. I looked at the same watch at Macy's for $300, got it for $200 on Amazon. So great deal. I would suggest getting a watch band link remover and resize it yourself. I did the same and took me 10 mins. So much for paying $10 at a watch repair kiosk at a mall.
on January 11, 2014
I never write reviews but in this case I wanted to help anyone else looking for a great watch. I searched for a few months on amazon and this one caught my eye. Since receiving it and wearing it for a little while now I'm extremely pleased. It looks even more impressive in person, though it is more of a dark grey than black (in case you're looking for a black watch). I have zero complaints so far and would highly recommended it to anyone.
on December 8, 2014
Bought in Sep 2014 for my husband, in less than 3 mon, found it totally unreliable! Battery doesn't charge properly even when placed on window sill, always late even though he corrects the time every single morning. It's a shame SEIKO makes such a bad watch. I never had any problem with SEIKO watch before. Too bad it's out of the return window now. It's a huge mistake to buy such an expensive watch from online seller. I also had big problem with a so-called 10-year battery Casio watch bought from Amazon around the same(always late in less than 3 months). Now my husband is complaining about the 2 watches almost everyday :-(.
11 comment3 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2014
It was exactly as described. It came exactly when I was told it would. It was a Valentine gift. My boyfriend loved it!
on October 16, 2015
Bought this watch for my husband for our 1st anniversary. He's had it 6 months now and has had no problems with the battery. He wears everyday, and it does not show any wear.
The band is a shinier black (not grayish like the picture) and it does show fingerprints. Make sure to set the date correctly according to the directions.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2014
This is a beautiful watch.

The band is not as comfortable, as some other types.

There are limited positions, adjustments (remove 1, 2, 3, ... links). Band links can be removed, but each link is relatively large.

Band is shiny.