5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for the money and the size is perfect for me
Published 9 months ago by M. Ho

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as described
Just received the watch. It looks nice, but is not as described in Product Details. Back of the watch is clearly marked "Movement Malaysia" but it was described as having a Japanese Movement. Who knows if it makes any difference?
Published 5 months ago by Tysza Gandha

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for the money and the size is perfect for me, May 6, 2014
M. Ho (New York City) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNK355 Automatic Stainless Steel Dress Watch (Watch)
After doing a hefty bit of research (as it is kind of a sport for me) to find an inexpensive, reliable, respectable and very importantly stylish watch; I landed on the Seiko 5's. If I spent more than a few hundred dollars on a watch, I would be likely be to a conscious of it when active. So, not only is the 5 Shockproof, water resistant, day, date, and self winding...it's not bad to look at either. While reading a lot of reviews, some are unhappy about the size of the watch but here's my opinion on the matter. I remember when men's watches were a bit more smaller in design twenty years ago or so, and to wear one now would seem kind of feminine or dated on the wrist. However, I'm not down with the over-sized clocks people are wearing on their wrists either. They can be borderline comical to me to see this machine strapped to a wrist. This watch and another Seiko 5 I purchase a few months prior, are a perfect size for me. They are sporty and large enough to be masculine for active wear yet refined enough to segue to business or evening attire. Therefore, the size is and design of the watch balances masculinity with elegance...in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for great price, May 15, 2014
Very nice looking watch. I purchased this for a daily watch that can get banged around. It is much better than the cheap watches that you get from discount stores. The band was easy to adjust the length once you know the proper method (Just look for the links with an arrow and insert a small screwdriver into the slot and press the U shaped locking pin outwards and remove. Then the watch link can be disassembled, then removed and put back together as a shorter band). Was not too big like a lot of the watches around today. I have not had a self winding automatic so I will have to see how this holds up over time. Overall, very satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars I own a $800 Victorinox diver's watch that I received from my wife on my wedding day and I love it. The only problem, September 13, 2014
Let me start by saying that I am no watch connoisseur. I own a $800 Victorinox diver's watch that I received from my wife on my wedding day and I love it. The only problem....the battery dies and I have to send it off to have it changed. Now this Seiko isn't as heavy feeling as the Swiss Army BUT it looks and feels much more expensive than the price tag of $60. It has a smaller face and a sleeker profile which works for everyday wear. The movement is close to seamless (4 or 5 clicks per second). I hope this watch holds up over time. I am a teacher and can't/won't spend the money on a super expensive watch. I would recommend this watch to anyone who wants an automatic watch at an affordable price. I may even decide to buy another Seiko watch in a different style!

5.0 out of 5 stars it was nice, but at a price point I was not ..., August 29, 2014
For the price, these watches cannot be beat. I started using the Seiko 5 series as a work watch, it was nice, but at a price point I was not going to be too concerned if something happened to the watch. I enjoy looking at the nice Swiss automatics, and respect the workmanship that goes into them, but for the price these just cannot be beat. I routinely get comments on this setup, it looks much more expensive than it is.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as described, August 22, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Seiko For Beginners, September 20, 2014
There is no question that when it has came down to watches for men, Seiko has definitely been one of the leaders in innovation, but keeping it classy after all of these years. They have done it with solar-powered watches, kinetic battery watches, and they have done it with regular automatic watches so well. But with automatic watches never losing their style, Seiko's Seiko 5 automatic collection has been a excellent watch series to go to, for beginners. This timepiece is a very elegant silver-tone with good illumination, and easy to read day and date window. My only gripe about the watch is that you cannot manually wind-up the watch by the crown, the way most automatic watches work nicely. I also wish that the watch could've had better resistance to match what Invicta and Casio had done with their timepieces. But still, if you are getting into Seiko for the first time, this would be a nice place to start.

Price: C+

Setup & Comfort: B 1/2-

Overall: B-

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Dress Watch, November 2, 2014
I really like this watch. I bought it to wear to a wedding. Its a classy looking time piece and not looking too gaudy. I got some compliments from the guests. It goes great with a grey suit. It has two languages to choose for date (Spanish/English). Its easy to adjust the band if you have the correct tools-- a paper clip and a tiny small screwdriver. Besides wearing this time piece on special occasions, its a good watch to wear everyday. I wear it at work. My coworker complimented me since he own the same watch, but with a darker face. So this is a popular watch to get for your watch collection.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, December 9, 2014
This watch has a small face. It resembles aa women's watch more than amen's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my new seiko snk355 I was scared it was ..., November 18, 2014
Love my new seiko snk355 I was scared it was a little small but on a 7 inch wrist it's perfect. had the watch 6 day's and have not had to adjust the time yet, which is excellent for a automatic watch.

3.0 out of 5 stars not the best material or movement, November 15, 2014
For the price it's alright, not the best material or movement. It's very small so consider that before you buy one. I bought two as gift for both of my fathers (other one is in-law) and they like it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›