Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD

on December 3, 2011
After searching for a quality watch with an acceptable case diameter, I am glad to have found this watch. I have a small wrist. Unfortunately, as the years go by, case diameters seem to get larger and larger, leaving customers such as myself with few options. This Seiko 5 is an excellent choice. I have owned it for about a year, and it has been accurate (within fifteen second per day) and comfortable. It also does not seem to scratch very easily (though I certainly do not abuse my watches). Overall, this is an outstanding value and a true five-star watch. I wish other makers would provide more selection in the sub-40mm case diameter size (especially 36mm-38mm).
on May 22, 2015
So much has already been said about this watch that there isn't much else to say. The price is insanely affordable, the looks are classic, and the joy of having a solid automatic movement makes this watch a great timepiece to own.

I bought this for my sister since this watch is a little on the small side. I swapped the strap with a Hadley-Roma purple leather band and it makes the watch look very chic and unique.

The watch seems to gain about 10 sec./day. That is phenomenal for this price range and very acceptable. If my sister wants, she can get it regulated later on but the movement seems to be very stable and consistent.

This is a great buy!
review image
on February 21, 2011
I am happy with this purchase. the watch face is nice looking. the time keeping is accurate enough for me. other reviewers have cautioned that the watch gains 10 or so seconds per day. if it has, it is not enough for me to notice. none of my daily appointments require me to be on time within 10 seconds of accuracy. it's an automatic watch, which means no more struggles with watch stoppages and trips to the store for battery replacement. and it is a bargain, costing about $75. I would buy this product again. the seller was good too, product delivered as promised with no problems.
on September 15, 2011
Received this fine watch today, packed well, with the watch in working order.
I had needed a good, reliable work/semi-dress watch for some time.
And I hate having to pay someone to replace batteries every 6-8 months.
The watch had to be water resistant and have a date/day option.
So, after reviewing 20+ pages of Sales watches, I found one.
With a brand name like Seiko on it, I'm sure it'll last me till my son inherits it.
PS - I have large wrists and the band fits to the 2nd or 3rd hole. Just right.
on July 2, 2014
What a great watch! I have had many watches but this one is my everyday rock solid never have a problem watch. The band is comfortable and does not stain from sweat or water. If anything it looks better the more you wear it. The watch itself is not heavy but its not too light or cheap feeling. The movement ads about a minute a week so you will not really notice. All in all for an automatic this is a deal. It is cheaper than a timex,it is an automatic, and way better looking with a classic style.
on October 14, 2012
Nice product for the money good size light weight and comfortable. As a lineman I can wear this watch while working as it pretty much stays out of the way. As far as it's ability to keep time goes it gets me to work on time and home on time it is as accurate as I need it to be. Not having a battery to run down us another point in it's favor. I think it was worth the money no complaints.
on May 4, 2011
This is a good looking watch. Keeps time accurately (for a auto winding watch). Loses a few seconds a day. That is to be expected. The dial is unique looking. I get a lot of complements on it. The band is canvas and cleans up quickly at the kitchen sink. Just don't wait until it is completely grubby before cleaning. I take some dish sope and a old tooth brush to it every couple of weeks.
on June 29, 2007
This watch comes in 4 models, SNK 803 with a beige strap and dial, SNK 805 with a green strap and dial, SNK 807 with a blue strap and dial, and SNK 809 with a black strap and dial. What I like most is the red tip on the seconds hand that sweeps continuously across the dial and not in steps for every second like in most analog watches. Also cool is the untraditional numbering of the hour markings, where the 5-minutes are more protruding than the hours. The see-through case is a gimmick I could do without, but anyway, nice to watch the watch work. Buy all four and you have one to go with every occasion and dress colour/code. This item sells on eBay for 30-40 dollars.
33 comments6 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2015
I;ve owned a bunch of Seiko 5 watches. I've never had to replace one because it had worn or broken parts;no problems with any of them. This particular watch I bought just because the price was right. I like the military type dial and the feature automatic movement (no batteries). I've never worn a quartz watch.. They have no soul.
"
on March 24, 2015
Wow. So I've only had this watch for a couple weeks but it is the first watch I have really enjoyed wearing on a regular basis.

This is my first automatic and I really like the idea of having a working mechanical device on wrist and not just a battery powered time teller.

First things first the watch looks way better in person than in the pictures. I love the display with the minutes/seconds on the outside. The second hand sweeps smoothly but not ridiculously smooth. I originally bought this watch with plans of putting a brown leather band on but I kinda like the canvas strap. It is comfortable, seems durable and makes the watch very subtle. I have a small wrist (6.5 inches) so this smaller watch fits perfect and looks great on my wrist. If you're looking for one of those ridiculous huge watches that are so trendy nowadays I would look somewhere else. The luminescence on this watch works alright if someone turns the light off in the room you're in and you immediately need to know the time. Other than that it doesn't seem to last too long but it is very bright.

This is an automatic watch so if you're looking for something that keeps perfect time to the second you should probably just go with a quartz watch. I have not done any extensive testing on the accuracy of my seiko 5 but I did notice the first day it ran slow about twenty seconds. After that it has stayed writing a couple seconds the correct time. It has not stopped working on me yet through the night others have said. It arrived the box ticking and hasn't stopped since.

The build quality is great and really besides the strap it looks like a much more expensive watch than it is. I plan on buying couple more seiko 5s for different occasions based on how much I like it. Definitely lots of bang for your buck!