Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Seiko Men's SNK807 Seiko 5 Automatic Stainless Steel Watch with Blue Canvas Band
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on June 19, 2012
The Seiko 5 automatic watch is a great value, costing well less than $100. I was cautious about buying this watch when I read reviews questioning the water resistance depth, or whether you could even wear this watch in the shower. See below for additional updates.

It is stylish and canvas strap definitely makes this watch different from others I own. For the money you can't go wrong with this watch.

Update - August 2012
After a summer with this watch, wearing it several times a week, in the shower and while swimming I am pleased that all signs point to my owning this watch for a long time. You should have no worries about the water resistance or durability of this watch.
on March 11, 2015
This watch is small /37mm or so ,they say/,18mm lugs /ok for a child or a schoolboy/,the dial is too busy and and takes more than a sec to tell what time it is.For some reason the rotor of the blue SNK is noisier than the green SNK that I have /I own them both/.You can not wind it by hand nor hack it.But it doesn't matter!!!!! I like this cute watch so much that I bought it while I had the green one and I didn't need the blue.
This little Seiko is very light, thin, has a day and date complication,exibition case back,lume,nicely finished hands and is
very reliable .Because of the strap/which is ok/ it can be used any season.It is a great work or sports watch because once you put it on you forget that you have one./Its not a G-Shock though so don't get crazy/.
Absolutely cute,absolutely cool ! The dials of both- the blue and green are a little darker than they appear on the photos.
The seconds hand has a red tip-nice sporty touch.The lume is ok for few hours,perfect for such a small watch and its symmetry.
The two SKNs I got are crazy accurate: + 1 sec a day at the moment the watch maker checked them on his machine.Most Seikos can be regulated within COSC -I have done it.I don't have any scratches on the Hardlex yet !
Less than 60$ for all this !!! Of course I recommend it.
on April 8, 2015
Took a couple days for the watch to start storing enough juice to power overnight without having to wear it. Probably the perfect size for normal wrist - very different from the gigantic watches out on the market. The blue color is sharp and the nylon strap is well made with reinforced strip for the holes.

The biggest con is that you'd most likely have to wear it on a daily basis (take off at night) to keep it ticking. Otherwise, another timeless piece from Seiko.

Update #1: Took nearly 16 hours of leaving it alone before it stopped ticking which is better than I expected.
Update #2: Picked it up after not wearing for almost 3 days and it was still ticking. Maybe about 30 seconds slower.
on March 18, 2016
DOES NOT WORK AFTER SIX MONTHS! This was an anniversary gift for my boyfriend, his old watch stopped working so I wanted to buy him a good one that's going to last for a long time. I bought this watch becuase of the brand and the good rating, but this watch started to have wrong time and date on and off for the past two months!! At first I thought it's because of the mechanics of the watch that it needs to be shaked in order to be powered up and keep working, but my boyfriend plays basketball at least once two days so I am sure that the watch gets enough power it needs. We tried to adjust the watch but it is still not working properly. He loved this watch but now we are so disappointed!!!
on January 4, 2015
I've owned many watches in the past, but I don't claim any real amount of knowledge in horology. I am, however, a big EDC kind of a guy, and this watch falls squarely into that category. As an EDC watch, this is one of the best.

PROS:
No batteries needed. As long as you wear this thing, it will keep ticking.
This is a high-value watch. How often do you find a great automatic movement in a $55 watch?
This is also a very durable watch, with a very easily read watch-face.

CONS:
I have a love-hate relationship with the watch band. I really like the looks of it, and I think it enhances this piece's utilitarian ability. I'm not sure, though, how I like the feel on my wrist. I've only been wearing for a week now and it seems to be breaking in and it's itchy feeling on my wrist becomes less each day. Some people in these reviews have added a light-brown leather watch-band and I might do the same thing.

Overall, I put 5 stars despite my one complaint because of the high-value nature of this wrist watch. If you've just gotta have an automatic to augment you're current high end watch collection, this fits the bill as much as it does for the person looking to get their first one. Can't go wrong with this thing.

P.S.

Some people have called this a small watch that's better for women. I must respectfully disagree. If you where a watch with a 50mm width all the time, it may seem small. I'm a 6' tall guy who weigh's 280lb's, I've found it to be a decent, unobtrusive size.
on June 19, 2015
Great day to day watch. I have owned the green version for a couple years, and wear it five days a week. Band has held up very well and it is very comfortable to wear. Clock movements are quiet, and the watch has a very good weight (not too heavy, but not cheap). The automatic mechanism in it is pretty good - after I wear it all day, it usually continues to work for about 36 hours. The only thing I wish it had was an AM/PM display. If I let it sit for 2 days and it stops running, when I try to reset the time, I never know if it stopped in the am or pm until I turn it enough for the day to change.

Also good to note, in the larger size of this watch, there are some changes the face design. (on the larger one, the seconds tick marks are raised on a little "ledge" off the face. The hours numbers are larger and the seconds numbers are smaller also). I am averaged sized man (6 feet tall, normal sized wrist) and I think this is a good sized watch. If you like the large watch fads going on, maybe look at the next size up.
on June 28, 2015
I love it but...not everyone will. This is an old school watch - basic but reliable movement, fairly small face, simple and understated design. Many folks will view this watch as unfashionable, as compared to the gigantic, high-bling watches that are out on the market now. But, if you love watches and are not overly concerned with fashion, this is a great watch and value. By no means is it unattractive either. It's just not leading-edge fashion.

Seller was great - delivered on-time, well-packaged. Mechancially watch has been perfect.
on July 24, 2016
I bought this watch for my husband almost 8 months ago and he still absolutely loves it. The band is double thick and sewn so strong and the metal strap holder things are very strong too. He is a mailman in Seattle and not easy on watches at all and looking at it today it's hasn't hardly scratched the face at all. This is one tough watch and if something happened to it, I'd definitely buy the same watch to replace it. I'm about to buy the same band for our daughter's watch since she's really rough on watches/bands too.
on April 21, 2015
I have had the tan version of this watch and bought the blue one for my soon-to-be brother-in-law for his birthday. I feel it's one of the best values in a mechanical watch available. For less than the cost of many department-store quartz watches, you are getting an in-house automatic movement with a sweep second hand, and in a beautiful watch as well. The display back is a nice touch. This is definitely a much better watch than some of the phony "Swiss" watches that use anonymous Chinese movements. Seiko has been making these for many years and they know how to do it right.

As I believe other reviewers have noted, you cannot expect quartz precision from any mechanical, even one that's much more expensive than this. You also cannot expect this watch to run for days at a time without being worn. If I wear mine for a day, then skip a day, it will still be running the next morning, but not much longer than that. This is NOT a malfunction, it's to be expected.
on July 23, 2016
This watch is not perfect, but to get a better automatic, you would have to spend much more.
Here are the negatives: mine runs a little fast. I haven't timed it, but I would guess a little less than 30 seconds a day. Again, this is a budget automatic mechanical watch, buy a quartz movement if you must have better accuracy. The blue face is a darker blue than I expected, almost black in some lighting. I did not like the band.
Neither Pro or Con: it is a little small given current fashion. If you have large wrists, or are used to larger watches, this will look small. If you have smaller wrists, this may be exactly what you are looking for. The crystal is not the sturdiest, but again, you have to spend much more to upgrade.
All that said, this watch is a tremendous value at this price, and therefore gets 5 stars. This is my second one - I have a black one that still works, but I really wanted the blue one.
I swapped the band out for a thick leather band with white stitching. The watch looks awesome now. This is the band I have:
I swapped the buckle from the Seiko onto that band. (Google "dental floss spring bar removal" for the easiest way to get the original band off.)
review image review image